Traditional colours for movie cast?

A place to discuss all aspects of Clue/Cluedo.

Moderators: Michael, BBP, Tum

CluedoKid
Con Artiste

Traditional colours for movie cast?

Post by CluedoKid »

Forgive me, the colour manipulations are terrible and I do not boost to be an expert at that sort of thing. I renderized how the Clue: The Movie cast would possibly look in their traditional colours.

Taking Miss Scarlet for example, how would she fair in a deep red dress?

I did the full cast here, but as you can see, the result is less than flattering. Doesn't quite make a convincing argument for traditional colouring of the outfits.

Murder by Death
Forensics Supervisor

Post by Murder by Death »

Oh I don't know ... I think Scarlet would have looked great in that red dress, they just would have not given Lesley Ann Warren red hair. Big no no for red heads.

Peacock and Green would have looked fine in their repective colors, and Plum and Mustard were already in their colors.

But White is an interesting case ... Was the movie ever specific about when her last husband died? I always got the impression with that outfit that she was supposed to be the widow in mourning, especially with her veiled hat. Either way, they would have never put her in white (even Mrs. Ho did not wear all white), and beige would have not only stood out with all the Fall colors (as it does in your altered pic), it isn't really her color, now is it? Now I wouldn't mind a few white accents on her outfit, which would have fit perfectly with 50s fashions.

CluedoKid
Con Artiste

Post by CluedoKid »

I tried a recolouring for the 1972 cast. I had trouble getting Scarlet truly red as I'm working with a black dress. Not the easiest for recolouring.

Last edited by CluedoKid on Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

Green
Detective

Post by Green »

Wow! I actually really like the 1970s cast in their proper colors!