Current Thoughts

All other non-Clue/Cluedo discussion.

Moderators: Michael, BBP, Tum

Adam106
Hatchet Man

Post by Adam106 »

So yesterday, I had some free time and decided to watch my Batman: Animated Series DVD's. I got through the first five episodes right off the bat and now I'm completely in-love with it again. The style, the music, the stories and the incredible voice talent easily make it my favourite adaption.

Jane Poirot
Femme Fatale

Post by Jane Poirot »

We played table tennis in Phys Ed today. I'm kind of good at it...except whenever I play it, I endanger the lives of those around me.
Anyone who thinks Canadians are meek and mild-mannered has obviously never seen us during Question Period!

Jane Poirot
Femme Fatale

Post by Jane Poirot »

Okay, I've FINALLY had the time to watch the four episodes on the second Death Note disk...I already figured it out by episode four, but Light Yagami is a total bad@ss when it comes to planning. And he makes eating potato chips epic! 8)
Anyone who thinks Canadians are meek and mild-mannered has obviously never seen us during Question Period!

PeachFreak
Highbinder

Post by PeachFreak »

Back from three days of school retreating.
"Like my daddy always says, give me a good neuromuscular poison any day."

Jane Poirot
Femme Fatale

Post by Jane Poirot »

Welcome back. :)

Maybe it's just because I'm not out enough, but recently, the buzz over HSM and Hannah Montana seems to be dying down. Oh sure, you still get the occasional poster and notebook and lunchbox, but other than that, they're not shoved in your face quite as often as they were a while ago. Again, maybe it's just because I don't get out enough.
Or maybe it's because they've been replaced by Nick, Joe, and Kevin. :roll: My friends like them, and I can deal with that, but do we really need to see their faces everywhere we go?

CluedoKid
Con Artiste

Post by CluedoKid »

I'd just shrug it off. People like them so they have that freedom to "shove it in our faces."

go_leafs_nation
Trigger Man

Post by go_leafs_nation »

When I went to Acton in September for a weekend-long retreat, we more or less passed where they were as they were filming Camp Rock 2. Ugh. I thought #1 was bad enough.

But we had fun making up mock scenarios to drive people we know nuts.
The two women exchanged the kind of glance women use when no knife is handy.
~Ellery Queen
At the Scene of the Crime

PeachFreak
Highbinder

Post by PeachFreak »

A bunch of us spent most of our free time on the retreat improvising a "soap opera" called "Misguding Darkness." I think we could market it.

I was Princess Francesca Carrington Colby Baltimore Weathers Renaldi VII- The blind gold digger (Married to a man seventy years her superior) who manages to get killed with a cross, book, pair of scissors, knife, and gun before being written out of the show.

go_leafs_nation
Trigger Man

For the second time in my life, I narrowly escaped being mauled by a dog today.
~Ellery Queen

Jane Poirot
Femme Fatale

Post by Jane Poirot »

:shock:

Snively
Snoop

Post by Snively »

Here is my random thought

I went to Henry Cowell Park today, and in front of the way to the park, there was a 4' 7'' board, held up by two other boards, and spray painted on it was "WALK AROUND"

I thought, "Really? What else are we gonna do walk into it?"

I was just thinking about it...

go_leafs_nation
Trigger Man

I will be cross dressing in my French class as part of group presentations on Zola's L'Assommoir. I get to be the spiteful woman who is killed at the end (in our version of the ending anyhow). Better warm up my SPAM! voice!
~Ellery Queen

PeachFreak
Highbinder

Post by PeachFreak »

I got a part in my school play, an original comedy written by two seniors. (It's really not half bad, though.)

Jane Poirot
Femme Fatale

Post by Jane Poirot »

Ugh, I was sick this morning. I might have a slight stomach bug, but in any event, I'm feeling well enough to sit up at my laptop and type, as you can probably tell. I might take a nice, hot bath later on. This bug is nowhere near as bad as that bug I had back in February, thank goodness (the one that kept me off the forum for a few days).

CluedoKid
Con Artiste

Post by CluedoKid »

As mentioned before, our school lost a Grade 10 student to a brain tumor. That was the first ESA death this year.

Now the second ESA death has happened. Granted, she graduated from the school 2 years ago (and thus must have seen her walk the halls at one point or another), but nonetheless, is part of the alumni. She went to Nova Scotia and was on the rise to fame as a folk musician. One day while hiking, she was ripped to shreds by a pack of hungry coyotes.

If that isn't enough, a student from the school was hit by a car today. No major damages, but I see with my own eyes that people are careless when crossing the busy street the school. I almost got into an accident myself back in Grade 11 when I crossed too quickly.

Adam106
Hatchet Man

Post by Adam106 »

CluedoKid wrote:Now the second ESA death has happened. Granted, she graduated from the school 2 years ago (and thus must have seen her walk the halls at one point or another), but nonetheless, is part of the alumni. She went to Nova Scotia and was on the rise to fame as a folk musician. One day while hiking, she was ripped to shreds by a pack of hungry coyotes.
Yes, I actually saw the headline to this on my MSN home page.

I'm very sorry this is happening to you. Hopefully it won't get you down too much. All we can do is to continue 'plodding on' the road of life and hope it doesn't fall beneath our feet.

go_leafs_nation
Trigger Man

I have no clue what to think of the upcoming A Christmas Carol, starring Jim Carrey. Robert Zemeckis is an extremely talented, imaginative director, but still, seeing Disney backing this up and the 3D gimmick heavily advertised, I can't help having doubts. Plus, Carrey will do almost all the voices. I don't know.

But I AM glad to see Robin Wright Penn and Cary Elwes in the same movie (Last time that happened, I think, was The Princess Bride), and Bob Hoskins is always welcome in a movie by me, even in the dreadfully campy Super Mario Bros.

And WHY isn't World's Greatest Dad in theatres yet? I've been waiting patiently for ages, and there isn't even a release date! When Robin Williams decides to sit down and make a good movie, not necessarily "for the kiddies", there really are few actors who can match him. The movie looks like it's hilarious; plus, it comes at such a great moment, after Michael Jackson's death- it makes it that much more relevant.
~Ellery Queen

Jane Poirot
Femme Fatale

Post by Jane Poirot »

Argh, just when I find one episode of Umineko No Naku Koro Ni and think I have the perfect source for episodes of it, it turns out the episode that comes next is missing! :evil:

Jane Poirot
Femme Fatale

Post by Jane Poirot »

Umineko is getting more and more interesting...the best way to describe this particular spin-off/spiritual successor is to say that it's a cross between And Then There Were None , Harper's Island , and Clue .

Jane Poirot
Femme Fatale

Post by Jane Poirot »

Aww, this Rocky Horror Picture Show fanfic is just too cute for me not to share: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4859007/1/Size_Matters_Not