Harry Potter
94%
Twilight
6%

Total votes: 17

CluedoKid
Con Artiste

Post by CluedoKid »

Harlequin wrote: You've got your nose in murder mysteries all the time! Are you planning to bump us all off, or something, you crazy person?
Happily. One less to poison the future gene pool.

Adam106
Hatchet Man

Post by Adam106 »

After reading the first two Harry Potter books, I've got to say that it kicks Twilight's butt! I'd much rather read Rowling's novels than read a paragraph from Twilight (believe me, read the excerpt online. God awful!).

J.K Rowling is really inspirational to me, and a lot of writers, and readers. In the words of Stephen King "she can't write worth a darn" (Stephanie).

Snively
Snoop

Post by Snively »

Harry Potter all the way.

Twilight is the freakin' anti-christ and Stephenie Meyer is the devil. I hate that series with a passion. Sorry, if theres any Twi-fans though, it doesn't seem so according to the poll and the comments...

Snively
Snoop

Post by Snively »

Adam106 wrote:After reading the first two Harry Potter books, I've got to say that it kicks Twilight's butt! I'd much rather read Rowling's novels than read a paragraph from Twilight (believe me, read the excerpt online. God awful!).

J.K Rowling is really inspirational to me, and a lot of writers, and readers. In the words of Stephen King "she can't write worth a darn" (Stephanie).
ha! Stephen King said that?

Adam106
Hatchet Man

Post by Adam106 »

Snively wrote:
Adam106 wrote:After reading the first two Harry Potter books, I've got to say that it kicks Twilight's butt! I'd much rather read Rowling's novels than read a paragraph from Twilight (believe me, read the excerpt online. God awful!).

Yep. All the obsese tweeny-bopper girls on Youtube are outraged. Apparantly, what does Stephen King know because he has a nose like a skeleton? Oh, gee, let me think, he's been writing since his teenage years, and has published about 50 novels. :roll:
Last edited by Adam106 on Mon Mar 16, 2009 6:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jane Poirot
Femme Fatale

Post by Jane Poirot »

One girl actually had the nerve to say, "Stephen King's just jealous because his books have never been made into movies." :roll:
That's just ASKING to be flamed. And the whole "they're-just-jealous-because-they-can't-write' argument is dumb; I hate liver, but I do not wish I were liver.
Anyone who thinks Canadians are meek and mild-mannered has obviously never seen us during Question Period!

MissScarletDidntDoIt
Crime Lab Scientist

Post by MissScarletDidntDoIt »

Jane Poirot wrote:One girl actually had the nerve to say, "Stephen King's just jealous because his books have never been made into movies." :roll:
I have no words to say to that.

Black
Bindle Stiff

Post by Black »

HARRY POTTER IS A LOTTER FUN!!!!!!!!!!
I love the potter movies.

MissScarletDidntDoIt
Crime Lab Scientist

PS who's the one person who voted Twilight?

Black
Bindle Stiff

Post by Black »

I'm Guessing Cluedokid. From what I read of the previous messages.
Last edited by Black on Mon Mar 16, 2009 5:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

cacums
Ringer

Post by cacums »

cacums wrote:I logged in here earlier and my friend voted, using my user... he said that he wanted to vote in it even though he's not a member so... technically I did, but really I didn't... I hope that makes sense :wink:

PeachFreak
Highbinder

Post by PeachFreak »

What's sad is that a man can write a better story about a teenage girl than a woman can.Carrie was brilliant.
Last edited by PeachFreak on Mon Mar 16, 2009 5:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Like my daddy always says, give me a good neuromuscular poison any day."

Black
Bindle Stiff

Post by Black »

Oh dear, sorry Cluedokid.
my reason why I said you was because of what Go-Leaf-Nation said about everyone hating Twlight and I thought you just wanted to prove him wrong.

CluedoKid
Con Artiste

Post by CluedoKid »

I've only read three Harry Books. They were all enjoyable, but the 5th one was my favourite of the three.

I never read Twilight, and from what I've seen on this site, it isn't worth my time anyway.

MissScarletDidntDoIt
Crime Lab Scientist

I'd suggesting completing Harry Potter beforing picking up the first of the Twilight books. The seventh is an amazing book!

go_leafs_nation
Trigger Man

Post by go_leafs_nation »

You fool! You fell victim to one of the classic blunders! The most famous is "Never get involved in a land war in Asia" but only SLIGHTLY less well-known is this: "Never try to convince a Twilight fan that the books aren't great"!

Another Twitard adventure. Twitard will be represented by the letter T, I will use the letter Q (which I love for some reason) to represent me. Italics aren't part of the conversation, which I copied and pasted from MSN. Twitards' words are in bold:

T: whatever
it rocks and you know it your just jealour
jealous *

Q: of what?
meyer's terrible writing? no thanks
T: its beaiful writing
Q: nope
T: (still trying to make point) i must say
Q: its full of purple prose
not to mention the grammar errors
and the gleeful joy she takes at being inaccurate or inconsistent
T: okayyy but still the point of th estory is beatufiul

:roll: I'm never trying again. They're hopeless.
The two women exchanged the kind of glance women use when no knife is handy.
~Ellery Queen
At the Scene of the Crime

Snively
Snoop

Post by Snively »

Adam106 wrote:
Snively wrote:

Yep. All the obsese tweeny-bopper girls on Youtube are outraged. Apparantly, what does Stephen King know because he has a nose like a skeleton? Oh, gee, let me think, he's been writing since his teenage years, and has published about 50 novels. :roll:
Yeah and you can't forget the fact that he actually knows what he's talking about when it comes to the supernatural.

Seriously? Sparkling vampires? C'mon...

You should see these chicks at my school, they make me sick. "I want to be saved by Edward" Ugh...
I hate everyone;
Admired in hypocrisy
Yeah I'm still down with JC
I guess that everyone includes me
And that's why I'm a humanist
-Hate Everyone, Say Anything

Jane Poirot
Femme Fatale

Post by Jane Poirot »

Everywhere I look, SOMEONE has their nose buried in a Twilight book, or is discussing how great it is, or there is at least a movie poster in someone's locker. Seriously, HSM is under-promoted in comparison.
Now I know I wouldn't like it if someone acted like a snotty little b*tch towards me just for admitting I went through a Hilary Duff phase (hey, we all have at some point), so I'm able to control my snide remarks. I just smile sweetly and move on.
Too bad, though; I could make a fortune out of all the snide remarks I make up in my head.
Anyone who thinks Canadians are meek and mild-mannered has obviously never seen us during Question Period!

Adam106
Hatchet Man

Post by Adam106 »

I don't know about anyone else, but when I think of Robert Pattison, I think of Cedric Diggory, not *shudder* Edward Cullen.

PeachFreak
Highbinder

Post by PeachFreak »

...I really don't despise Twilight anymore, to be honest. I sort of just have a love-hate relationship with the thing. I quote the books just as much as any fan, because frankly...it's fun to say such ridiculous things. I've even decided to be Bella for a day, and went around stumbling and saying choice phrases like "Holy Crow." And I think that by hating it, I made it part of my life, and...well, I can't get it out.
"Like my daddy always says, give me a good neuromuscular poison any day."