Clue Current Thoughts

A place to discuss all aspects of Clue/Cluedo.

Moderators: Michael, BBP, Tum

Jonathan Green
Master Detective

Re: Clue Current Thoughts

Post by Jonathan Green »

I found a old 50s British postcard of a woman looking very much like ‘49 Scarlett
'... and the Manager wants to try me in a different position each day'
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... aside.html

Zoo977
Master Detective

Post by Zoo977 »

I WAS DIGGING THROUGH OLD THREADS FOR FUN AND UH. YEAH THIS WAS A STRANGE FIND
Stop winking at me, you oversexed Frenchman!

Jonathan Green
Master Detective

Post by Jonathan Green »

Zoo977 wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 1:59 pm Image

I WAS DIGGING THROUGH OLD THREADS FOR FUN AND UH. YEAH THIS WAS A STRANGE FIND
WUT

bmb
Suspect

Post by bmb »

Hello. (I'm sorry if this has been highlighted before.) There's a CDi recording of the game Blackmail at youtube.com/watch?v=mG1hLbnXG3A - I'm hoping the user, Switch Retro Gaming, can be nudged (by users here) to do a recording of Not In My Back Yard showing all the photo (stills) evidence in every room. I want to create a video (solution) using an audio confession with the photos. As the games' levels (if I understand) are randomly chosen then I can't ask for a specific level's evidence/solution.

bmb
Suspect

Post by bmb »

Some random thoughts.

And Then There Were Nuns might've been a better episoide had it been set in the evening (like Deadly Dowry).

Spoilers about episodes from the UK's series 2:
I wish Mrs White had been the killer in A Traveller's Tale using the Sharpening Steel (instead of the Knife) in the Kitchen. Mrs White could've been the one to hear the Victim with Mustard talking about their plan about property prices. Mrs White was slurring/drunk when Green met her in the Kitchen (when he had the Shotgun) so a drunk White could've stabbed the Victim (later) in the Kitchen with the Steel to protect Scarlet and Peacock etc.

About Fatal Distraction which was a half-good episode. I suspect some of the scenes are out-of-order. The killer+motive was good enough to highlight what a unpleasant man Mustard was. I think the story scenes didn't fully gel. Green's barely in the story. Plum appeared late-ish. The episode was half-baked. I wish I could read the script with all the notes+changes. Mustard's wore the yellow jumper in the opening credits. So was there a Billiard Room scene with Mustard that became missing somehow? Or was that scene solely recorded for the credits?

Black
Bindle Stiff

Post by Black »

Funny you mention that because I was kind of thinking the same for Season 4:

But before I get to that, I think And Then There Were Nuns works fine during the Day - a brilliant episode but Plum needed to be in it more.

Now for my thoughts which need to be highlighted

SPOILERS:

* I think THE WORD, THE FLESH AND THE DEVIL is a great episode BUT I don't think Green should have been the murderer, his motive didn't seem strong at all especially the fact that his book wasn't based on fiction, I didn't pick that up at all. The bonus evidence helped with the room (Candy likes drinking Ice Water at night, she goes into the Kitchen to fix herself a drink) but I think Mrs. White would have been a better killer swinging that Meat Cleaver. Better motive, the weapon was already in the kitchen -> Heck, I could see Green do it in WHERE THERE'S A WILL - After Mrs. White realizes her mistake, she gets upset and Reverend Green is there to comfort her - he takes her into the Library, fixes her a drink and takes the Stopper with him to the Study

bmb
Suspect

Post by bmb »

Black wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 11:09 am Plum needed to be in it more.
I agree with that.
Black wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 11:09 am I think THE WORD, THE FLESH AND THE DEVIL is a great episode BUT I don't think Green should have been the murderer, his motive didn't seem strong at all especially the fact that his book wasn't based on fiction, I didn't pick that up at all. The bonus evidence helped with the room (Candy likes drinking Ice Water at night, she goes into the Kitchen to fix herself a drink) but I think Mrs. White would have been a better killer swinging that Meat Cleaver. Better motive, the weapon was already in the kitchen -> Heck, I could see Green do it in WHERE THERE'S A WILL - After Mrs. White realizes her mistake, she gets upset and Reverend Green is there to comfort her - he takes her into the Library, fixes her a drink and takes the Stopper with him to the Study
I think Word Flesh Devil had its moments including the filming in the Kitchen with Green standing over Candy with the Ice-pick. But his motive for her death was so daft. In A Will I don't understand why the Stopper was the weapon. The Knife or the Sculpture would've been more useful/deadlier weapons for Mrs W. Her and Green, I think, had the best motives for that murder.

bmb
Suspect

Post by bmb »

Mrs White's alibi in the Sleuth level of Blackmail (PC version) is wrong. She said she was in the Dining Room with Green and Plum but she should've said Billiard Room because that was where the Knife was. In the solution it shows a photo of Mrs Peacock leaving Mrs White in the BR. So the alibi should've been White Green Peacock in the BR (used in the Detective level). They left W. W took the K into the Ballroom to kill Boddy etc.

BBP
Detective

Post by BBP »

Who killed teen idol Park? Find out in Goat Detective Supah Star!
http://www.freewebarcade.com/game/goat- ... upah-star/

(I was wrong. :( )