Clue Rival Edition

A place to discuss all aspects of Clue/Cluedo.

Moderators: Michael, BBP, Tum

ragstorichesfan
Snoop

Clue Rival Edition

Post by ragstorichesfan »

There seems to be a new travel game? maybe? in Canada. I left pictures over on my site if anyone can bring em.over.

coinilius
Detective

Re: Clue Rival Edition

Post by coinilius »

Oh is there a Clue Rivals game? There is a monopoly, Sorry! and Game of Life rivals that I have seen so far

coinilius
Detective

Post by coinilius »

Yep so there is! The rivals series are two player versions of games, with redesigned smaller boards - Clue looks interesting! The board is completely different and it looks like the gameplay might be significantly different as well.

cacums
Ringer

Post by cacums »

It looks like a fairly fun game! Getting to go around the room to figure out what part of the room the murder happened in.

The board feels a little cramped on the Piano, Coffee Table, Chess Board side of the room. Otherwise I love it. I'm certainly going to get this.

I might order the Cluedo version, however. As it appears Cluedo comes with Clue pawns, and Clue comes with Sorry pawns.

Side note: I'd love a series of rooms like this. I suppose this is the Lounge? Can we get "Clue: The Kitchen", "Clue: The Billiard Room", etc, etc. :lol:

coinilius
Detective

Post by coinilius »

Thanks for posting those pictures, I was on my phone earlier otherwise I would have included a link - the Clue style pawns are much nicer than the sorry type pawns (if they were going to use Sorry pawns, they could have at least used green and yellow ones - the Sorry! Rivals Edition set has blue and red Sorry pawns as well lol).

I'd love a series of boards as well, that would be a great idea! The Rivals series in general actually really interests me for some reason, I am planning on picking them all up if I can.

ragstorichesfan
Snoop

Post by ragstorichesfan »

Thanks for the pics as well. I had to order mine from Canada. I didn't know the rival series even existed. Is it not a travel style game like I thought? I am excited to see what is.

alwaysPeacock
Fleet Street Look-Out

Post by alwaysPeacock »

Oh, how fun! I’ve been waiting for the other Rivals editions to hit store shelves — some easy 2 player games would be most welcome in Covid Times. Had no idea a Clue version was in the pipeline, too, so now I’m mentally already $10 poorer :lol:
"But look what happened to the cook!"

coinilius
Detective

Post by coinilius »

I don’t think they are travel they are just smaller, two player versions of classic board games - so far there is Monopoly, Game of Life, Sorry! and now Clue/Cluedo. Cluedo seems to be the most heavily redesigned of the boards/games so far.

coinilius
Detective

Post by coinilius »

alwaysPeacock wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 5:31 pm Oh, how fun! I’ve been waiting for the other Rivals editions to hit store shelves — some easy 2 player games would be most welcome in Covid Times. Had no idea a Clue version was in the pipeline, too, so now I’m mentally already $10 poorer :lol:
Yeah the Clue/Cluedo one seems to have just popped up, didn’t realise it was in the works either

Murder by Death
Forensics Supervisor

Post by Murder by Death »

Love this concept!!