Clue - Chilling Adventures of Sabrina

A place to discuss all aspects of Clue/Cluedo.

Moderators: Michael, BBP, Tum

Jonathan Green
Master Detective

Clue - Chilling Adventures of Sabrina

Post by Jonathan Green »

INSPIRED BY THE HIT SERIES: It's a twist on the Clue game for Chilling Adventures of Sabrina fans. Sabrina's aunt, Hilda Spellman, was murdered and players need to solve the mystery
MYSTERY GAME: This Clue: Chilling Adventures of Sabrina Edition board game is a suspenseful game of "whodunit" with artwork and characters inspired by the Chilling Adventures of Sabrina series
WHO, WHAT, WHERE: Father Blackwood is the unexpected bearer of dark tidings. In this classic mystery game, players figure out which character in Greendale has to stand trial before the Court of Witches
THEMED GAMEBOARD: Locations on the board include Baxter High, Greendale Mines, and other places Chilling Adventures of Sabrina fans will recognize
GAME FOR AGES 14 AND UP: This edition of the Clue game makes a great gift for Chilling Adventures of Sabrina fans. Inspired by the hit series, it's a board game for ages 14 and up
https://www.amazon.com/Hasbro-Gaming-C ... B07YNJLR9X

Sir Shamrock
Private Eye

Re: Clue - Chilling Adventures of Sabrina

Post by Sir Shamrock »

Alright so they're using the Knife and Poison from Master Detective, Knife and Ax from DTS, and Fire and Lantern from Monopoly Token Madness and 80th Anniversary. You have to hand it to Hasbro for being so adamant about recycling

BBP
Detective

Post by BBP »

I wonder why they limit it to age 14 and up... if they have no qualms about 8-year-olds solving a murder... or looking at Clue: Murder At Boddy Mansion, which was for 3 and up...

coinilius
Detective

Post by coinilius »

I guess just because of the faux-Satanism themes of the show they have it aimed at an older audience...

I like the show but this would be a hard pass from me...

Black
Bindle Stiff

Post by Black »

Wait, so this is Sabrina the Teenage Witch Clue? Why isn't Salem a suspect, he's the best character

Jonathan Green
Master Detective

Post by Jonathan Green »

Black wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 3:04 pm Wait, so this is Sabrina the Teenage Witch Clue? Why isn't Salem a suspect, he's the best character
I don’t believe he talks in this series... I don’t watch the Netflix series so I wouldn’t know. I’m only familiar with the 2000s cartoons and the original TV series.

Jonathan Green
Master Detective

Post by Jonathan Green »

coinilius wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 12:56 pm I guess just because of the faux-Satanism themes of the show they have it aimed at an older audience...

It’s “Faux- Wicca”, not “Faux-Satanism”, yet the media tends to think they’re the same, but they’re not.

coinilius
Detective

Post by coinilius »

It’s really not either - they use Wicca elements and they use the idea of witches worshipping Satan and cavorting with demons - they were actually taken to court by the church of Satanism over the misuse of a Church of Satanism statue.

Basically it has magic and horror elements that use Satanic imagery fairly regularly, which I think is probably the real tipping point on the age range, although maybe it is also based on the rating of the show - what age range was on Game of Thrones Clue, as a point of comparison?

Jonathan Green
Master Detective

Post by Jonathan Green »

coinilius wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 5:57 pm It’s really not either - they use Wicca elements and they use the idea of witches worshipping Satan and cavorting with demons - they were actually taken to court by the church of Satanism over the misuse of a Church of Satanism statue.

Basically it has magic and horror elements that use Satanic imagery fairly regularly, which I think is probably the real tipping point on the age range, although maybe it is also based on the rating of the show - what age range was on Game of Thrones Clue, as a point of comparison?
18+

And for comparison, Lost in Vegas is rated ADULT.

coinilius
Detective

Post by coinilius »

I figured they would probably have rated the games relative to the ratings of the show.

ragstorichesfan
Snoop

Post by ragstorichesfan »

Thanks for the heads up on this release. Hasbro has nothing on their site about it and neither does USAopoly. So whichever one released it, doesn't seem to want to advertise it.

coinilius
Detective

Post by coinilius »

It has Hasbro on the box so looks like they are the ones who are releasing it.

Jonathan Green
Master Detective

Post by Jonathan Green »

Anybody remember that Martin Mull was the Principal in the original ‘96 sitcom.

Zoo977
Master Detective

Post by Zoo977 »

I thought that said "poisonous poison" and I was about to give the longest sigh l
Stop winking at me, you oversexed Frenchman!

coinilius
Detective

Post by coinilius »

Jonathan Green wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 6:49 pm Anybody remember that Martin Mull was the Principal in the original ‘96 sitcom.
That's pretty cool!

Murder by Death
Forensics Supervisor

Post by Murder by Death »

coinilius wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 8:40 pm It has Hasbro on the box so looks like they are the ones who are releasing it.
They all have Hasbro on the side. This is most likely one of the third party manufacturers like USAopoly. Not enough here audience-wise for Hasbro to invest directly into, especially with a limited audience due to age.
coinilius wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 12:56 pm I guess just because of the faux-Satanism themes of the show they have it aimed at an older audience...

Show notwithstanding -- I love the original artwork here. This game is a must-have for me. One of the best designed and executed concepts in a long while from our friends at Winning Moves and USAopoy

coinilius
Detective

Post by coinilius »

It’s better than the Batman one that’s for sure - the board looks nice, which is what I mainly look at

coinilius
Detective

Post by coinilius »

Also the other USAopoly games are listed as USAopoly on Amazon while this one is listed under Hasbro Gaming, for what that’s worth

Jonathan Green
Master Detective

Post by Jonathan Green »

Murder by Death wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 4:32 pm
coinilius wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 8:40 pm It has Hasbro on the box so looks like they are the ones who are releasing it.
They all have Hasbro on the side. This is most likely one of the third party manufacturers like USAopoly. Not enough here audience-wise for Hasbro to invest directly into, especially with a limited audience due to age.

Show notwithstanding -- I love the original artwork here. This game is a must-have for me. One of the best designed and executed concepts in a long while from our friends at Winning Moves and USAopoy
It’s made by Hasbro Gaming (formerly Parker Brothers). I know the artist, and he worked on other Clue games like the Las Vegas and Mystery Game “knock-off“ parody. He also worked on the Guess Who? High School Reunion parody.

Winning Moves is mostly responsible for reissues and European spinoff games.
USAopoy makes Clue games based on popular franchises (tv shows, movies, video games, etc)
From what I came tell.

Murder by Death
Forensics Supervisor

Post by Murder by Death »

Jonathan Green wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 6:08 pm
Murder by Death wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 4:32 pm

It’s made by Hasbro Gaming (formerly Parker Brothers). I know the artist, and he worked on other Clue games like the Las Vegas and Mystery Game “knock-off“ parody. He also worked on the Guess Who? High School Reunion parody.

Winning Moves is mostly responsible for reissues and European spinoff games.
USAopoy makes Clue games based on popular franchises (tv shows, movies, video games, etc)
From what I came tell.
Winning moves makes the series franchise games outside the US. Anyway, I would still bet this is made by a third party under license from Hasbro gaming.