About Swedish ep Lisa Spiis (Spoilers about Aus/Swe versions)

A place to discuss all aspects of Clue/Cluedo.

Moderators: Michael, BBP, Tum

lordsodd
Suspect

About Swedish ep Lisa Spiis (Spoilers about Aus/Swe versions)

Post by lordsodd »

I've returned to ask:

There was an Australian episode "Red Herring" where the victim dies (later) after tasting cooking (in the kitchen) with a poisonous fish in it.

Mrs White was the killer. She swaps the poisoned cooking with her own cooking (that she's done outside somewhere). Mrs White serves her cooking to avoid the other suspects dying of fish poisoning.

In the Swedish version "Lisa Spiis" (youtube.com/watch?v=Wpimo3KOZmo), the fish was replaced with mushrooms (as a suspected weapon). The murder weapon was changed to be the syringe (a suspected weapon in both versions, it was called "horse dope" in the Australian version). Mrs White is the killer again but I don't fully understand the episode:

Lisa (the victim) tastes the cooking with Mrs White present. If Lisa had tasted poisonous mushrooms, it explains why Mrs White swaps Lisa's cooking with her own to serve (etc) BUT why does Mrs White stab Lisa (later on) with the syringe in the kitchen? (That's the solution.) Was the syringe a poisonous solution of mushrooms?

Can anyone explain it all to me?

CluedoKid
Con Artiste

Re: About Swedish ep Lisa Spiis (Spoilers about Aus/Swe versions)

Post by CluedoKid »

If I had to fathom a guess, I figure the Sweds wanted to ramp up the murder a bit, so they had it that the poison was acting too slowly (hence Lisa comes walking in, looking unwell) and then Mrs. White finishes her off the syringe.
SUPPORT - Follow my progress of my expanded Clue edition -
www.patreon.com/gothicgreenhouse

lordsodd
Suspect

Post by lordsodd »

[quote=CluedoKid post_id=155682 time=1587730414 user_id=44]
If I had to fathom a guess, I figure the Sweds wanted to ramp up the murder a bit, so they had it that the poison was acting too slowly (hence Lisa comes walking in, looking unwell) and then Mrs. White finishes her off the syringe.
[/quote]

Thanks. Maybe that was it. (That murder's something I've wondered about.)

lordsodd
Suspect

Post by lordsodd »

CluedoKid wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 8:13 am If I had to fathom a guess, I figure the Sweds wanted to ramp up the murder a bit, so they had it that the poison was acting too slowly (hence Lisa comes walking in, looking unwell) and then Mrs. White finishes her off the syringe.
On another forum I chanced asking a Swede, after searching for one. His help has helped me to understand better what I now think happened:

Lisa tasted the mushrooms in the cooking when she was with Mrs White in the kitchen.

Mrs White had chosen specific mushrooms because she suspected/knew that Lisa was an alcoholic. The combination of specific mushrooms and alcohol can kill someone. Mrs White had hoped Lisa's drinking would kill her.

But the Reverend had used his ether on Lisa, in the library, to stop her trying to have sex with him. Eek!

During that period of being asleep (if realistic, I'm not a scientist), Lisa wasn't drinking so maybe that's why she was still alive when she awoke and returned to the kitchen (for drinking).

A mistake by Lisa because Mrs White was there and Lisa's appearance must've angered Mrs White (her plan had failed, why wasn't Lisa dead by then?!).

Mrs White got the syringe (Colonel Mustard or Mrs White had put the unused syringe - still with its euthanasia medication inside it - into a drawer in the kitchen). And killed Lisa.

"The cook hated her so much that she killed her and she was seeing that as a triumph. Basically pure hatred and hoping her victim would burn over an open fire for 2000 years." (The Swedish Man)

EDIT: I forgot to add that after Lisa's tasting of the cooking, Mrs White swapped that cooking for her own (cooked elsewhere) to prevent the other suspects' risk of dying during dinner (or afterwards) had they had eaten the deadly mushrooms and drank enough alcohol to kill them!