Total votes: 17

CluedoKid
Con Artiste

Post by CluedoKid »

I also have one, thanks for the explaination Clueboy12

ClueBoy12
Informant

Post by ClueBoy12 »

Colonel Gray Poopond wrote:I've been looking for a Buddha desk statue....

I'm interested not only in other's religions but culture. The world is a big, big place and there is so much to see.
I found mine at the airshow in Oshkosh, wisconsin last year, its like this huge air show thing and they have like a flea market and i saw it and had to have it!

Colonel Gray Poopond
Forensics Expert

Post by Colonel Gray Poopond »

Hmmm....
All you need is love!

CluedoKid
Con Artiste

Post by CluedoKid »

yes I love Buddist art

Kristev
Crime Writer

Post by Kristev »

I am a pagan druid, or to make it easy on you all, a practicing witch.

ClueBoy12
Informant

Post by ClueBoy12 »

I know about the basics like stones and tarot cards and i actually have a pendant for a talking board. But do you go beyond that like with the spells and what not?

alwaysPeacock
Fleet Street Look-Out

Post by alwaysPeacock »

Cluedokid25 wrote:yes I love Buddist art
I will admit, I do find the artwork very nice. I'm not against all aspects of the religion...
"But look what happened to the cook!"

Colonel Gray Poopond
Forensics Expert

alwaysPeacock wrote:
Cluedokid25 wrote:yes I love Buddist art
I will admit, I do find the artwork very nice. I'm not against all aspects of the religion...
What aspects are you against though? I don't think it's that bad. :?
All you need is love!

ClueBoy12
Informant

Post by ClueBoy12 »

Yes i think its a very basic and meaningful religion, the path to enlightenment is something very good, its not like these people are leading bad lives, they are leading very good lives to seek enlightenment.

Colonel Gray Poopond
Forensics Expert

Buddhists try to reach Nirvana, which sounds very...... well it's hard to explain. But it's a good thing.
All you need is love!

ClueBoy12
Informant

Post by ClueBoy12 »

Yeah i know what nirvana is

Colonel Gray Poopond
Forensics Expert

It's also a grunge band from the early 1990's
All you need is love!

ClueBoy12
Informant

Post by ClueBoy12 »

well yeah i know them too, thier good!

Kristev
Crime Writer

Post by Kristev »

An ouija board? I suggest you get rid of it at once. The boards are different from tarot or rune stones. Actual spirits can, and do, manifest within the boards, and they can be impossible to banish if you do not have the knowledge. I never go near them.

Being a witch means that you accept humans as part of nature. We believe in the King, known by many names, but we also believe in the Queen, the mother, sometimes known as Mother nature or Mother earth, but she has many other names. Many of us actually accept the Virgin Mary as an aspect of our goddess.

The magic is not the important thing. It is there, but it is dangerous and should be used only in great need or to do great good. It is a mere tool, like a fire, not a parlour game.

Witchcraft is a religion based upon a knowledge that humanity reincarnates, turning again and again in different forms. All animals are connected, all plants are connected, all rocks, all trees, all water, and all humans. Bear in mind, I worship nature, but I do not believe that I would be wise or save to go living there. Society is important, so long as you keep perspective and remember not to get caught up in the physical. On the other hand, we do not believe in sin as a reality. Sin is the same as harm to us. When you inflict harm without justice, you have sinned. There is nothing wrong with doing as you please so long as none are harmed and you break no laws. This can be easily misread into living as you wish, but it becomes, in fact, quite hard to balance out the freedom that comes as you must always consider your actions. When there is no code, you must learn self-control. Humans are flawed, of course, imperfect, and we believe that the gods realize this and do not hold it against us. The Greek gods are an example, and they are my personal preference to worship.

Ritual is important, though many self-styled and solitary witches as myself do not use it unless we are casting, which I seldom do because you never get what you expect. There is always a twist to using magic, a partial backlash. If you are not prepared to pay the price, do not cast. Period.

As part of nature, we believe that we are responsible for the protection of the planet. We are, of course, permitted to eat meats and plants, because the concept of predator and prey is the nature of nature. Through death, as the tarot's Death card indicates, someone else can be reincarnated. Though we do not approve of murder. We shed no blood in rituals, and if something must be done, we burn papers or flowers.

I shall speak no more of this. There are secrets not to be revealed.

Colonel Gray Poopond
Forensics Expert

Kristev, can I ask you a question?
All you need is love!

Kristev
Crime Writer

Post by Kristev »

If you wish, you may.

ClueBoy12
Informant

Post by ClueBoy12 »

Kristev wrote:An ouija board? I suggest you get rid of it at once. The boards are different from tarot or rune stones.
No, a talking board with a pendant made of moon stone, it is not a Ouija board, and its sold at the same store at rune stones and tarot cards, it contains positive energy and answers questions, nothing more than that.

Colonel Gray Poopond
Forensics Expert

Kristev wrote:If you wish, you may.

Have you ever used A book of shadows?
All you need is love!

Niteshade007
"Master Detective is creepy!"

Post by Niteshade007 »

This is very interesting. I actually found out a lot about the practice of witchcraft on my trip to Salem this year. I found it interesting, but I did not buy into it. One of my friends was a former "Witch" (I'm sorry, I don't like that term, I always think of the Hollywood version of a witch), but left the religion for some unknown reason. She's a little flaky. Now she's just an athiest.

Kristev
Crime Writer

Post by Kristev »

A book of shadows? More Hollywood myth based upon reality. Most witches keep books of personal spells, yes. Including myself.