Other(mabye yours isnt on the list)
6%

Total votes: 17

CluedoKid
Con Artiste

Religion

Post by CluedoKid »

well well well whats your beleif?
Last edited by CluedoKid on Wed Jul 13, 2005 10:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Colonel Gray Poopond
Forensics Expert

Post by Colonel Gray Poopond »

And what is smidginic?
All you need is love!

CluedoKid
Con Artiste

Post by CluedoKid »

I made up my own riligion

Colonel Gray Poopond
Forensics Expert

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
All you need is love!

alwaysPeacock
Fleet Street Look-Out

Post by alwaysPeacock »

Cluedokid25 wrote:I made up my own riligion
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"But look what happened to the cook!"

PoirotMarlowe304
Menace to Society

Post by PoirotMarlowe304 »

Why isn't Catholic an option?

CluedoKid
Con Artiste

Post by CluedoKid »

Cathilic is under christianity

PoirotMarlowe304
Menace to Society

oh, no! I hate when people say that. The two branches of Christinaity are divided: Catholics and Protestants are way too distinct to be conisdered under one faith label.

CluedoKid
Con Artiste

Post by CluedoKid »

Well I not making one religion Special by listing all it's diffrent branches, other wise it would get crowded, So you a Catholic christian big deal, just click Christian

CluedoKid
Con Artiste

Post by CluedoKid »

I myself dont believe in god. It just seems too far-fetched to be beleiveable! I mean come'on! I read the Bibile and no of it made sense, it just seemed like a tale of Fiction, but whatever stupid Humans come up with and beleive next, let me know :roll:

PoirotMarlowe304
Menace to Society

With the separation of the Roman Empire into the Eastern and Western Empires, the Christian faith was split. The Western Empire, centered in Rome, became Catholic with the Pope in the Vatican. The Eastern Empire, centered in Constantinople [Istanbul], has many Asian and Balkan influences leading it to change into Eastern Orthodox, which split off into many branches, but unliked Protestant branches, they shared the same beliefs and were only changed to designate the places they were from - Greece, Russia, etc etc. The split of Christianity into Protest faiths that we see today is to be blamed on the Germans .... during the Reformation they broke their small princedoms away from the Holy Roman Empire becuase they didn't want to live the same way, and didn't feel like compromisng so they just broke away. In order to keep his empire together, Emperor Charlamange began a war to unite the country (however ironic that sounds) that lasted many years, destroyed entire villages, and left the German economy *beep* on distruction. The princes, however, won the freedom of religion. From there, the Protestants (led by Martin Luther) spred across Northern Europe and into England. Differences between Protestants and Catholics over the cneturies in Europe have sparked massacres and royal coupes. The Pilgrims wanted to break away from the Protestant Church of England, but they weren't Catholic so they made another branch of christianity in America. Now, as the Colonies went on we began to see more and more variation of the faith: Baptist, Angilican, Presbeterian, Lutheran ... etc etc. Now, Catholicism is still a strong faith, but to me it is the most fuedal-like, and structured faith. They have been very conservative in keeping strict laws against certain practices, which I think are in the best interest for the people. The Catholics also have a strongest heircy system in all religions, as I can see. It goes from deacons, to priests, to bishops, archbishops or cardinals, a few high posts in the Vatican, then to the Holy Father himself. Catholicism is the most publicized faith especially with the Pope. The Pope does not just stay in the Vatican and give sermons (at least John Paul the 2nd didn't) he went out, preached, did amazing things. Together, he and Ronald Reagan were swiftly bring the Soviet Union to a fall. Catholics are both faithful, but they are also political. Most of the world's Catholic nations are in Southeastern and Western Europe: Spain, Portugal, France, Italy, Andoraa, Monaco, San Marino, the Vatican (that was a given). Then there are very Catholic nations in South America and Central America, as well as a growing popularity in Africa and Asia.

Thank you, my point is made and if you read all that you cans it there and feel either smart and proud to know the history of the Catholic faith, or dumb enough to sit there and ramble on about something when you're Jewish.

PoirotMarlowe304
Menace to Society

so, in the mean time, I will not partake in your little poll b/c there is a vast difference between a Protestant and Catholic, and Catholicism is too notable and honorable of a faith to be reguarded as 'Other.'

Colonel Gray Poopond
Forensics Expert

PoirotMarlowe304 wrote:
dumb enough to sit there and ramble on about something when you're Jewish.
What makes you so sure he's jewish?
All you need is love!

PoirotMarlowe304
Menace to Society

I didn't, but when refering to the opposite of Catholicism I mainly use Juddhism as a refrence. I personally have no predjuice against any religion, I just don't like the separation of Christian churches.

PoirotMarlowe304
Menace to Society

Anyone else Catholic?

Colonel Gray Poopond
Forensics Expert

I'm Jewish. But I'm not at all religious.
All you need is love!

PoirotMarlowe304
Menace to Society

ah, just keep the title?

Colonel Gray Poopond
Forensics Expert

Yeah.
All you need is love!

PoirotMarlowe304
Menace to Society

I know a lot of people like that

Colonel Gray Poopond
Forensics Expert

I don't go to synagogue or wear yamulkes and stuff like that. However I do celebrate the Jewish holidays.
All you need is love!