The Thin Man

All other non-Clue/Cluedo discussion.

Moderators: Michael, BBP, Tum

Niteshade007
"Master Detective is creepy!"

The Thin Man

Post by Niteshade007 »

Hey! I just submitted my cast to www.imaginecasting.com. It's a remake of my favorite movie, "The Thin Man. The original was made in the 30's and stars William Powell, Myrna Loy, and Maureen O'Sullivan (from the Tarzan movies). I encourage people to rent it, you can probably find it at your library. It's one of the best murder mysteries I have ever seen (I also read the book, not quite as good, but still one of the better pieces of American literature). If you would like to check out my cast or possibly submit your own, feel free. Btw, my suggestions are Johnny Depp and Lacey Chabert as Nick and Nora Charles, not George Clooney and Angelina Jolie.

PrinceAzure33
Diplomatically Immune

Post by PrinceAzure33 »

never heard of it but i'd like to see it, it sounds exciting :D
Oh, it's England. Croquet on the lawn, tea in silver teapots, sherry before dinner. One simply has to maintain one's standards!

ClueBoy12
Informant

Post by ClueBoy12 »

This probably has nothing to do with it but if anyones seen the 1st or 2nd Charlies Angels movies, this makes me think of "Creepy thin man". :lol: 8)

MajorHoy
Slueth

Re: The Thin Man

Post by MajorHoy »

I really enjoy The Thin Man.
William Powell and Myrna Loy made the perfect Nick & Nora Charles for me. I'd be afraid if Hollywood tried to remake the movie these days.

To anyone who hasn't seen the movie, the dinner scene towards the end where Nick figures out the killer is well worth watching.