Anybody Watch Perry Mason?

All other non-Clue/Cluedo discussion.

Moderators: Michael, BBP, Tum

Murder by Death
Forensics Supervisor

Anybody Watch Perry Mason?

Post by Murder by Death »

Ive been watching it syndicated on a local SD channel. So impressed with the video transfer quality ... Looks great for its age. Something about that black and white that gives the series a timeless feel. Doesn't seem dated at all. But really great stories too. Well written. My only complaint is that sometimes the trials wrap up too quickly, usually by the guilty party merely volunteering that they did it without a huge amount of arm twisting ...

MajorHoy
Slueth

Re: Anybody Watch Perry Mason?

Post by MajorHoy »

Where I am, it's on MeTV (Channel 33 in the NYC area) at 11:30 p.m.

I watch it occasionally, but I'm more likely to watch other shows (like Law & Order or Murder, She Wrote) that are running between 11:00 p.m. and midnight.

I did read an old Perry Mason novel: The Case of the Dangerous Dowager by Erle Stanley Gardner (originally published April, 1937).

MajorHoy
Slueth

Post by MajorHoy »

By the way, a new Perry Mason mini-series is going to begin running on HBO on Sunday (June 21st). However, it doesn't sound like it really has all that much in common with what people might associate with the 1950s-1960s TV series or necessarily all that much in common with Erle Stanley Gardner's 80+ novels (originally released between 1933 and 1973) beyond some character names.

coinilius
Detective

Post by coinilius »

I don't think I've ever really watched Perry Mason, certainly not in a very long time.

MajorHoy
Slueth

Post by MajorHoy »

By the way, eight of the Perry Mason novels (originally published between 1940 - 1956) by Erle Stanley Gardner have recently been republished in trade paperback editions.

The Perry Mason series books were originally published from 1933 to 1973; Gardner died in 1970.