CluedoKid
Con Artiste

Death

Post by CluedoKid »

Discuss.

CluedoKid
Con Artiste

Post by CluedoKid »

The inevitability of death suddenly struck me today while sitting on a bench and watching people on the street. I pictured them as rotted material in the ground underneath cold, emotionless headstones. Has anybody else thought about the ultimate thing they wish to leave behind for future generations? Personally, I dream to design a fascinating, intricate house made of recycled materials. Somewhere in an area with lots of nature so that it somehow can be incorporated. The design would both both modern in facility and yet classic with the aesthetics. True, I will need to hire people to build this thing, I also kind of wish to be part of the building process, y'know? The actual physical labour is kind of up my alley in a weird way.

Anyway, I'm getting into personal dreams and getting of the topic of death. I'm interested to hear people's honest thoughts on the subject. You can include personal aspirations too if you want as it ties into things to do before you die.

WarnerPlum
Chopper Squad
Location: Sitting in my dusty bedroom in the United Kingdom - now where was that broom...

Post by WarnerPlum »

What happens after death? In the person's viewpoint? That's what I'd like to know.
"Caveat emptor, Plum: let the buyer beware."
"No, Boddy... YOU beware."
~ Blackmail!

CluedoKid
Con Artiste

Post by CluedoKid »

WarnerPlum wrote:What happens after death? In the person's viewpoint? That's what I'd like to know.
Yeah, I wanna know too.

Come to think of it, I wonder what it would feel like to be decapitated and have your severed head catapolted into the clouds? As your decapitated head remains conscious for 10-15 seconds, it would be a soaring flight into oblivion.

cacums
Ringer

Post by cacums »

I don't really know where i stand on afterlife. But all I know is that before I die I want to at least have some success in the film industry and help depressed people overcome issues they deal with.

Jane Poirot
Femme Fatale

Post by Jane Poirot »

Gee, what a cheerful topic...
Anyone who thinks Canadians are meek and mild-mannered has obviously never seen us during Question Period!

Black
Bindle Stiff

Post by Black »

If it wasn't for my great friends on this forum (even though I was hateful before) I wouldn't be here, alive I mean.

PeachFreak
Highbinder

Post by PeachFreak »

The reality of death struck me a long time ago. Mostly because quite a few of my family members work at a funeral home, and I spent quite a lot of time there as a child-playing around the caskets and the like. I would say that I accept death as an inevitably and a nice firm "end" on this life. In truth, I sometimes worry about the notion of an afterlife. If there's no death at the end of it, is there anything to look ahead at? I suppose the idea of eternity frightens me more than the idea of dying.
"Like my daddy always says, give me a good neuromuscular poison any day."

Michael
Mastermind

Post by Michael »

I don't believe in an afterlife. I'm more afraid of dying before I've had a chance to do everything I wanted to do.
How do you know what kind of pictures they are if you're such a lay-dee?

tyob123
Gumshoe

Post by tyob123 »

Its a topis Ive known since a samll boy that it was something you couldnt stop. As of the afterlife... I was raised to beleive I`d be in heaven and could come back down to earth as i wanted but, what if all wee see is black ( as if our eyes were closed ) for an eternity. That is what I fear most about it.. not knowing where I1ll go next
Flames on the side of my face!

CluedoKid
Con Artiste

Post by CluedoKid »

Speaking of death, there's been one in our family. My grandpa died last night suddenly, after receiving hip surgery. He stayed fighting for most of the five day ordeal, but he was clearly humiliated by the oxygen mask and IV. Unfortunately his lungs weren't in good shape and he had survived two heart attacks in the past. We suspect it was a heart attack that did him in. He was 94 and I will miss him greatly.

Now, only one grandparent is still alive today, my Grandpa Chapman whose 97. I'm glad I have been able to known my grandparents while they were still alive and in reasonable health.

Jane Poirot
Femme Fatale

Post by Jane Poirot »

I'm sorry to hear that; my grandfather on my dad's side died before I was born, and my grandmother died when I was seven--all I remember about it is my parents saying she had a "bad cold" (today, I'd probably say it was pnuemonia), being left at home with my sister, and then they come home and say she's up with grandpa. I wasn't too sad at the time, though I was later. At least I got to see her one last time on Mother's Day.
Anyone who thinks Canadians are meek and mild-mannered has obviously never seen us during Question Period!

Lord Caspen
Court Stenographer

Death

Post by Lord Caspen »

Lost a friend recently. Not a close friend, but a very good guy, very well-liked. He was a recent transplant to the area, a sweet man, talented, warm-hearted and a wit. I mean, real, solid verve and a sexy banter. Nobody's fool. He and his boyfriend John had been together some -- fifteen years? More? Micheal had just undergone knee surgery, and was recovering apparently very well ... and then a couple days ago he suffered a heart attack and died. Not yet fifty years old, I think.
It's discouraging to think how many people are shocked by honesty and how few by deceit. -- Blithe Spirit, Noel Coward.

cacums
Ringer

Post by cacums »

I'm sorry about your loss :(

I lost my birth mother in 2005. She was distraught that she gave me and my little brother to her parents and couldn't take the pressure of her stressful life so she took her own.

Lord Caspen
Court Stenographer

Oh

Post by Lord Caspen »

I'm very sorry to hear it , cacums. I'm an adoptee myself, and I can only imagine what that must have been like. Suicide is especially hard.
It's discouraging to think how many people are shocked by honesty and how few by deceit. -- Blithe Spirit, Noel Coward.

Michael
Mastermind

Post by Michael »

Well I'll add my own... I just got word that my dad's mom isn't expected to live past another five days.
How do you know what kind of pictures they are if you're such a lay-dee?

Lord Caspen
Court Stenographer

Dear

Post by Lord Caspen »

I am sorry, Michael.

cacums
Ringer

Post by cacums »

:(

Adam106
Hatchet Man

Post by Adam106 »

I am really, really sorry for everyone's dear losses. My sympathies are with you all. :(