And Then There Were None Board Game

All other non-Clue/Cluedo discussion.

Moderators: Michael, BBP, Tum

Murder by Death
Forensics Supervisor

And Then There Were None Board Game

Post by Murder by Death »

Just stumbled across this. Didn't see a thread for it on the forum. It is delightfully macabre. I LOVE the dead bodies strewn throughout the house! LOL So classic.

Jane Poirot
Femme Fatale

Post by Jane Poirot »

Interesting, where did you find it?
Anyone who thinks Canadians are meek and mild-mannered has obviously never seen us during Question Period!

Lord Caspen
Court Stenographer

Huh

Post by Lord Caspen »

All the bodies except Wargrave. Curious!
It's discouraging to think how many people are shocked by honesty and how few by deceit. -- Blithe Spirit, Noel Coward.

Murder by Death
Forensics Supervisor

Re: Huh

Jane Poirot wrote:Interesting, where did you find it?
Click and ye shall find ...
Lord Caspen wrote:All the bodies except Wargrave. Curious!
Yes, though the instructions are not explicit, it would appear that of the four players, Wargrave is one of them, and the object is for the "detectives" to determine which of them is the murderer, or Wargrave, before the murderer can disprove the others from being the murderer, and thus "getting away with it". I suppose the greatest irony is that should the murderer win, he must kill himself. ;-)

Adam106
Hatchet Man

Post by Adam106 »

How come we didn't know anything about this? Thanks, Murder by Death!

Black
Bindle Stiff

Re: Huh

Post by Black »

Lord Caspen wrote:All the bodies except Wargrave. Curious!
The board only shows the ground floor

Wasn't Wargrave found upstairs.

CluedoKid
Con Artiste

Post by CluedoKid »

Yes, but then, most of the bodies were eventually moved upstairs too.

cacums
Ringer

Post by cacums »

Most of the bodies aren't in their places. Brent was outside, Lomard was at the front door area, and Lombard was down by the sea.

Black
Bindle Stiff

Post by Black »

cacums wrote:Most of the bodies aren't in their places. Brent was outside, Lomard was at the front door area, and Lombard was down by the sea.
And both Rogers and Roger's legs were outside.

Lord Caspen
Court Stenographer

Bodies

Post by Lord Caspen »

Actually, Brent was not outside, but in the dining-room. Blore was outside, though. Not sure who "Lomard" is, but Lombard was down, basically, on the beach. Claythorne, of course, was upstairs, Marston died in the drawing-room, and anyway most of the bodies should be upstairs in their various bedrooms, where the guests moved them.
It's discouraging to think how many people are shocked by honesty and how few by deceit. -- Blithe Spirit, Noel Coward.

Michael
Mastermind

Post by Michael »

This just jogged my memory. I own this game. It's somewhere in storage at my parents house if it didn't get tossed. I bought it at a garage sale when I was in high school but never played it.
How do you know what kind of pictures they are if you're such a lay-dee?

Lord Caspen
Court Stenographer

Huh

Post by Lord Caspen »

I kind of like the idea of a game based on the concept of "a murderer among us." I developed one myself composed (mostly) of pieces of Museum Caper and based on Dagger of Amon Ra. I don't know what it is, but I just love it when a cast of characters gradually diminishes.

CluedoKid
Con Artiste

Post by CluedoKid »

I think it has a lot to do with our situation in life. Aren't we all just sitting ducks waiting to be picked off one by one?

Murder by Death
Forensics Supervisor

Re: Bodies

Lord Caspen wrote:anyway most of the bodies should be upstairs in their various bedrooms, where the guests moved them.
One of the most interesting aspects of this story is that the surviving guests retreated to their bedrooms for a good night's sleep each night at all! LOL

If this were me in that situation, I'd be drinking all the coffee I could, never shutting my eyes once until this thing was figured out.

On top of that, how creepy is it sleeping in a room when you know in the very next room is a decomposing body?

But, I can see depicting the main floor of the house over the bedrooms, as it is far more interesting (which is likely why Cluedo does this as well). But you are right, Lord Caspen, the game made very little effort to even place the victims in the proper locations. I think Mrs. Rogers, and Armstrong are the only victims in the correct locations where they were found. And as you pointed out, how hard would it have been to reverse Marston and Brent? I can sort of see the logic too in spreading the victims around, after all, along with Armstrong, Lombard and MacArthur would have both been on the beach resulting in three in one place. Blore should have been outside however, whether the patio or one of the lawns, which would have been options for MacArthur, Lombard and Mr. Rogers as well. However, that leaves most of the house unpopulated, which is slightly less fun.

But perhaps once Michael digs out his copy of the game, the instructions will become clearer, and perhaps the location of the bodies may make a bit more sense. Then again, it's possible that the game designers were incorporating some of the changes from the film, or they just didn't care.