Mac Book Air

All other non-Clue/Cluedo discussion.

Moderators: Michael, BBP, Tum

Brian
Hawkshaw

Mac Book Air

Post by Brian »

Does anyone else here have a Mac Book? I think they are great. Aren't they rumored to be the most advanced computers in the world? I certainly think Apple have improved since the 70's! I have a Mac Book Air and it is thinner than what I thought it would be. I purchase many electronic equipment from Apple - including the iPhone.
Clue

Tum
Accomplice

Post by Tum »

I've had a macbook Air since Feb, about 9 months now. It had a lot of overheating problems being the first gen model. Youtube for example cause one of the cores to shutdown, but over the last couple months I was able to fix it with some software tweaks.

Last week the hinges on my air broke and I sent it to repair. It was covered under warranty, but I would have been without a work computer for a week. In the mean time, I got a new Macbook aluminum 2.4ghz and it's tremendously faster, but feels quite a bit larger than the air. The screen is not as nice, but overall I think it works better for my work, since it's so much faster and has a much larger hard drive.

I also picked up a new iPhone 3g 16gb and it's also much nicer than my old iPhone. Unfortunately, I feel that I got ripped off, first $599 for the first one, and now $299 for another one about a year later. The new iPhone also doesn't charge on our cars ipod dock connector in the Mercedes or the Infiniti. It appears that they changed the power pins and I will have to spend another $40 each to update each car.

CluedoKid
Con Artiste

Post by CluedoKid »

I don't own any of those gadgets, so I guess that puts me little behind the times. I don't even own an I-pod.

Brian
Hawkshaw

Post by Brian »

I have the Mac Book aluminum 2.4ghz too and I have to say it runs incredibly fast. As for my iPhone I myself own the 3g 16gb. Once a new Apple laptop product is released, I buy it as I like to use most items for work. I find the iPod rather light to carry and it is easily stored. I like to take mine to listen to music during the day so I find it a very handy gadget.
Clue

Niteshade007
"Master Detective is creepy!"

Post by Niteshade007 »

Tum wrote: I got a new Macbook aluminum 2.4ghz and it's tremendously faster, but feels quite a bit larger than the air. The screen is not as nice, but overall I think it works better for my work, since it's so much faster and has a much larger hard drive.
I really want a MacBook, but I'm trying to decide which version to get. If I get the older version, I'd save money, but I don't like the white, and I don't want to spend the extra money for a black one. And I like the look of the new one, but I hear that it dents easily.

chaostheory1489
Private Eye

Post by chaostheory1489 »

You could always buy a skin for your laptop if you don't like the white. A MacBook that I was using until recently had a green skin on it, and I know that my stepdad has one with a red skin as well. I guess he doesn't like the white, either. Personally, I like how it looks when it's new, but it shows dirt and scratches really easily, so it gets ugly pretty fast (depending on how you treat the equipment, of course).

Niteshade007

Post by Niteshade007 »

Yeah, a lot of people I know who have the white one have it pretty dirty, but I hear the skin scratches easily. I don't know, a lot of things I have to think about.

Also, completely stupid question, but do all macs come with iMovie? It didn't say that the MacBookPro did, so I was just curious.

CluedoKid
Con Artiste

Post by CluedoKid »

Well, I can take or leave Macs, but here's a computer I would REALLY want:

Niteshade007

Post by Niteshade007 »

Meh. It's elegant looking, but I don't think computers translate well into that style.

Brian
Hawkshaw

Post by Brian »

That computer is very interesting, Cludeokid. Very elegant and luxurious. I wouldn't mind one of those myself. :wink: As for damages to the computers, I agree. They are damaged fairly easy but I take good care of my equipment.
Clue

Brian
Hawkshaw

Post by Brian »

I find the iMac very useful too.
Clue

WarnerPlum
Chopper Squad
Location: Sitting in my dusty bedroom in the United Kingdom - now where was that broom...

Post by WarnerPlum »

CluedoKid wrote:Well, I can take or leave Macs, but here's a computer I would REALLY want:

Good idea! :lol:
"Caveat emptor, Plum: let the buyer beware."
"No, Boddy... YOU beware."
~ Blackmail!

Michael
Mastermind

Post by Michael »

Brian wrote:I have the Mac Book aluminum 2.4ghz too and I have to say it runs incredibly fast. As for my iPhone I myself own the 3g 16gb. Once a new Apple laptop product is released, I buy it as I like to use most items for work. I find the iPod rather light to carry and it is easily stored. I like to take mine to listen to music during the day so I find it a very handy gadget.
What exactly is your line of work?
How do you know what kind of pictures they are if you're such a lay-dee?

Brian
Hawkshaw

Post by Brian »

Oh, here we go again. Why always the continuos questions? I don't mean to moan, but you ask so many questions - to me at least. Why are you so interested? You aren't any other time. If you must know I mostly use Publisher and Word, etc. They are basically for essays and such. No offense, Michael.
Clue

TheWhitePawn
Yeggman

Post by TheWhitePawn »

It's not just Michael. None of us really like u. No offense.
Was it Miss Scarlet with the Candlestick in the Ballroom? Yes... yes it was.

Brian
Hawkshaw

Post by Brian »

I know. None taken...
Clue

Michael
Mastermind

Post by Michael »

Because most of what you say is BULL#$%&. No offense...

I'm very curious as to what line of work is it for which you need a constant supply of new apple laptop products to write essays?
How do you know what kind of pictures they are if you're such a lay-dee?

Brian
Hawkshaw

Post by Brian »

I just enjoy using those products as they are quick and simple to use. I don't like any fuss.
Clue

Niteshade007

Post by Niteshade007 »

Any computer with Word is quick and simple to use. It's the program that's easy, not the computers themselves.

I'm calling bullsh*t on this too, but it's just because you like to blur the line between fiction and reality a lot.

Brian
Hawkshaw

Post by Brian »

I meant I enjoy using Apple products themselves.
Clue