Well folks...

All other non-Clue/Cluedo discussion.

Moderators: Michael, BBP, Tum

CluedoKid
Con Artiste

Well folks...

Post by CluedoKid »

it's be real swell Image, but I'll be gone from these boards for about....oh let see....

...the entire summer!!

You probably are wondering what the ***** I'm doing during that time, so I will tell you that during the course of these two months, I'll be going on an art course, doing yet another annual wilderness canoe voyage, and finally taking a visit to Nova Scotia.

So, say goodbye while you still can! Image

TheWhitePawn
Yeggman

Post by TheWhitePawn »

OMG... that sad smiley is soooooooooo cute!

Have fun! See you in a few months.
Was it Miss Scarlet with the Candlestick in the Ballroom? Yes... yes it was.

WarnerPlum
Chopper Squad
Location: Sitting in my dusty bedroom in the United Kingdom - now where was that broom...

Post by WarnerPlum »

Tarah, Chapie! See you in the next few months..
"Caveat emptor, Plum: let the buyer beware."
"No, Boddy... YOU beware."
~ Blackmail!

PeachFreak
Highbinder

Post by PeachFreak »

Bye!

See you in a few months. Enjoy yourself!
"Like my daddy always says, give me a good neuromuscular poison any day."

cacums
Ringer

Post by cacums »

I'll miss you! :( :(

btw, the sad smily is adorable

PrinceAzure33
Diplomatically Immune

Post by PrinceAzure33 »

We've already had this discussion on MSN but have fun! :D
Oh, it's England. Croquet on the lawn, tea in silver teapots, sherry before dinner. One simply has to maintain one's standards!

Kristev
Crime Writer

Post by Kristev »

We'll miss you.

CluedoKid
Con Artiste

Post by CluedoKid »

Well I'm back from camp after one month of doing an arts credits course for Grade 11. I guess I was off and on for this site, but now here I am! Image

It has been a wonderful experience I'd say overall. I had the chance to work with many different artists who specialized in different fields and I've learned some valuable skills in preparation for the art world.

However, the was something different about this camp from last year. This year they were doing a special English as 2nd language program for foreign students. Canadians were now in the minority due to the large amount of Spanish, Italian, Russian, German and even Assyrian kids. They were a great crowd to be with and I'd say I've made the best of friends with them.

Of course, I couldn't neglect to mention about how irresistibly attractive the Italian boys were with their hot Roman bodies. Image. There of them who I became very close friends with were requesting me to do a drawing of them (which I had no complaints!) as Roman warriors. Unfortunately, the sketchbook with the drawing was left at the camp, but I will show you as soon as they mail it back to me.

cacums
Ringer

Post by cacums »

Welcome Back Cluedokid, it's great to have you back :D :D :D

Poirotfrmda818
Button Man

Post by Poirotfrmda818 »

well, you have a lot of cathing up to do. There is the Clue Reinvention and all the improvements being made to it.

CluedoKid
Con Artiste

Post by CluedoKid »

This is a message I sent to a forum member who may be able to have some interesting advice due to it happening at camp.

Everything I write here is absolutely true; none of it made up.

I was at my summer camp for my art credit course. It was during some down time in the lounge when I was trying to do a little game of ESP with my Spanish roommate. It was simple 52 Bicycle deck of playing cards. I tried the game twice with him, but he said the number/suites rather quickly and didn't get it correct on both tries. Then he declared that he wanted to try it on me. So, thinking I had nothing to lose, I allowed him to draw a card and I closed my eyes. I had my eyes shut for a good minute or so to concentrate hard. Sure enough, between all the colours and lines that are common when you shut your eyes, I saw the formation of a single magenta heart. With great confidence, I declared that his card was the Ace of Hearts....

...sure enough to both our shock, I was correct.

Could this possibly mean something?

Lord Caspen
Court Stenographer

H'm

Post by Lord Caspen »

It could, but the problem with a single iteration is that even if it were significant, there's no way of knowing what it signifies.

It could mean you share a special bond with this person -- love, sexual interest, some kind of higher-plane intelligence. It could have nothing to do with the other person, and be all about you: you have the ability to read minds, maybe not all, but not limited to just this kid. It could be all about him. His two failures could be flukes, or they could be indications that you're one of the few people whose minds he can't read.

If either one of you can read minds -- maybe it means that cards aren't his forte, or that they are yours.

Maybe neither one of you has any special powers, and it's all about the deck of cards, or about other influences (spiritual or otherwise psychic-related) in the room, which either chose or simply mathematically fell out where he has no success and you have.

It could mean everything or nothing. With just the few isolated tries at it on each side, there's no way of knowing.

Which doesn't mean you shouldn't find it significant. Your own feelings will be the arbiter of that.
It's discouraging to think how many people are shocked by honesty and how few by deceit. -- Blithe Spirit, Noel Coward.

CluedoKid
Con Artiste

Post by CluedoKid »

As mentioned before, I've done a lot of artwork while I was at this camp.

Here are a couple of art pieces that I created:

Also, art aside. here are two of the Italian boys on Talent Night.

And myself on Talent Night:

Depboy
Missing Person

Post by Depboy »

CluedoKid wrote:
Also, art aside. here are two of the Italian boys on Talent Night.

Do we dare ask what their talents are?

Michael
Mastermind

Post by Michael »

Depboy wrote:
Do we dare ask what their talents are?
LOL. I had the exact same thought word for word!
How do you know what kind of pictures they are if you're such a lay-dee?

cacums
Ringer

Post by cacums »

I was going to say something but I refrained :oops:

CluedoKid
Con Artiste

Post by CluedoKid »

They were doing a Spice Girls act if I remember.

I'm not sure if it really went as planned. The audio didn't work right, and it soon delved into a show of slapping each others buttocks. The guy on the left also couldn't be kept from showing his boxers to the crowd to the point where a counsellor stepped out to pull his dress back down, only to nearly have his boxers pulled down instead! :!:

Mind you, It was heaven being invited into the dressing room with them. 8)

cacums
Ringer

Post by cacums »

CluedoKid wrote:Mind you, It was heaven being invited into the dressing room with them. 8)
Yay!!!

CluedoKid
Con Artiste

Post by CluedoKid »

Well I've finally got around to taken the photo of the picture I drew at the camp. Three of the Italian boys were wishing to have their picture drawn...then I suggested the idea of a Roman gladiator theme. Two of them in the drawing are the same two who are pictured above. Looking back at the picture makes me remember how much I truely miss having their company.

(Body proportions are heavily exaggerated. Their muscles weren't that big. The picture shows them as characatures more than anything.)

Murder me QUICK!
Spy

Post by Murder me QUICK! »

Your art is incredible! :D
Wonderful style!

Looks like you had fun at camp!