Current Thoughts

All other non-Clue/Cluedo discussion.

Moderators: Michael, BBP, Tum

cacums
Ringer

Post by cacums »

Today was fun. We went to two antique stores and I came home with two antique clue games. :)

1950s complete (minus lead pipe)
1960s complete (minus lead pipe and scarlet's peice)

Why do lead pipes get lost so often?

Adam106
Hatchet Man

Post by Adam106 »

Congratulations!

And I'd rather not answer that question...

cacums
Ringer

Post by cacums »

Aghh eww! LOL

go_leafs_nation
Trigger Man

Post by go_leafs_nation »

Well, I managed to get my little brother and sister hooked on Batman: The Animated Series. It's another victory in getting them to stop watching junk on the Disney Channel, I suppose. I'm actually very surprised that my little sister took to it. She's usually a bit of a pain in the neck when it comes to the superhero genre, whining all the time that "it's too scary" (when nothing's happened) and screaming that she wants to watch something else. But to my everlasting surprise, she was enjoying it just as much as my Spiderman-loving little brother.

I love that show. The first three seasons are animated so nicely, and have such mature scripts with plenty of fine humour. I hate the cubist look of the last series, though, although the stories themselves were still good- the final episode with the Judge is one of my all-time favourites, despite the awful look.
The two women exchanged the kind of glance women use when no knife is handy.
~Ellery Queen
At the Scene of the Crime

Jane Poirot
Femme Fatale

Post by Jane Poirot »

Speaking of Batman, I managed to luck out and buy Batman: Arkham Asylum for Windows today. 8)
Anyone who thinks Canadians are meek and mild-mannered has obviously never seen us during Question Period!

CluedoKid
Con Artiste

Post by CluedoKid »

cacums wrote: Why do lead pipes get lost so often?
I dunno, but for the longest time, I swore I swallowed my 1996 candlestick by accident.

Adam106
Hatchet Man

Post by Adam106 »

go_leafs_nation wrote:Well, I managed to get my little brother and sister hooked on Batman: The Animated Series. It's another victory in getting them to stop watching junk on the Disney Channel, I suppose. I'm actually very surprised that my little sister took to it. She's usually a bit of a pain in the neck when it comes to the superhero genre, whining all the time that "it's too scary" (when nothing's happened) and screaming that she wants to watch something else. But to my everlasting surprise, she was enjoying it just as much as my Spiderman-loving little brother.

I love that show. The first three seasons are animated so nicely, and have such mature scripts with plenty of fine humour. I hate the cubist look of the last series, though, although the stories themselves were still good- the final episode with the Judge is one of my all-time favourites, despite the awful look.
One of the best shows ever made. Good on you. I can already hear the theme tune...
Jane Poirot wrote:Speaking of Batman, I managed to luck out and buy Batman: Arkham Asylum for Windows today. 8)
Congrats! It's a great game (a little too dark at times) but great nethertheless.

I could just be biased to all this though seeming as I'm a hardcore Batman fan-boy. :P

Adam106
Hatchet Man

Post by Adam106 »

The Misadventures of Flapjack is finished? Well, that was short-lived. 3 seasons...

Such a shame. It had such potential. Hundreds of episodes could've been done. Then again, I suppose it was best to finish it on a high note, rather than having it continue with mediocre episodes (like several cartoons I can think of).

Now I just need to watch the finale...

Sorry. Rant/memorial over lol.

Black
Bindle Stiff

Post by Black »

Adam106 wrote:The Misadventures of Flapjack is finished?
I've never been a fan of that particular cartoon, though to be fair, it was a *beep* of a lot better than that Chowder.

Adam106
Hatchet Man

Post by Adam106 »

Chowder has been cancelled as well. :( I loved The Exorcist-themed episode!

Black
Bindle Stiff

Post by Black »

Adam106 wrote:Chowder has been cancelled as well. :( I loved The Exorcist-themed episode!
I don't think it has, I just don't like it.

Adam106
Hatchet Man

Post by Adam106 »

http://www.tv.com/chowder/chowder-offic ... /msgs.html

and

http://nerdarmada.blogspot.com/

Wikipedia talks about it in the past tense too. Chowder WAS an American cartoon bla bla bla.

cacums
Ringer

Post by cacums »

EDIT nevermind. I disabled something and poof they're gone.

go_leafs_nation
Trigger Man

Post by go_leafs_nation »

I'll have to get used to being a university man. Today was the first orientation day for me at Waterloo, and it was all a bit overwhelming. But I did meet some nice people there who were kind enough to help me out when I got lost or anything, and it was generally an enjoyable day...

... until I got on the bus (punctually late), my newly acquired sunburn began to irritate me, and then, once I got home, I suddenly had an awful and sudden case of diarrhea- and I didn't have enough time to get to the washroom. (Kinda embarassing.)

Still, none of those random misfortunes can be blamed on the school itself, which I rather like so far. It's far more fun than my high school, and the idiots I couldn't stand there haven't made it here. :) (What I don't like is the bill for the textbooks...)
The two women exchanged the kind of glance women use when no knife is handy.
~Ellery Queen
At the Scene of the Crime

WarnerPlum
Chopper Squad
Location: Sitting in my dusty bedroom in the United Kingdom - now where was that broom...

Post by WarnerPlum »

I've worked out the rules of 1 vs. 100! All by myself! :lol:
"Caveat emptor, Plum: let the buyer beware."
"No, Boddy... YOU beware."
~ Blackmail!

PeachFreak
Highbinder

Post by PeachFreak »

I had my senior orientation today, and rather suddenly I just want to get out and never look back. With my best friend having moved to Canada earlier this year, I'm suddenly...alone. Bleh.
"Like my daddy always says, give me a good neuromuscular poison any day."

WarnerPlum
Chopper Squad
Location: Sitting in my dusty bedroom in the United Kingdom - now where was that broom...

Post by WarnerPlum »

There's going to be a fire tonight.....
~ Blackmail!

WarnerPlum
Chopper Squad

Post by WarnerPlum »

PEGGY LIVES!!!!!!! Oh, thank God! In fact, all of them survive the blaze at the Vic!
~ Blackmail!

Black
Bindle Stiff

Post by Black »

I won't be here at all for a couple of weeks. I've earned myself a small hoilday.

WarnerPlum
Chopper Squad

Post by WarnerPlum »

I miss Peggy already!! :cry:
~ Blackmail!