Current Thoughts

All other non-Clue/Cluedo discussion.

Moderators: Michael, BBP, Tum

Jane Poirot
Femme Fatale

Post by Jane Poirot »

The trailers for the second live-action Higurashi movie can be found on YouTube (unfortunately, posting these up would also be spoiling quite a bit to those who did not see the show). They're quite thrilling, and they REALLY make me want to see it since it looks like it might be better than the first one. Sadly, the movie has not been released on DVD yet, so it might be some time before it goes up on YouTube.
My other regret is that it isn't based on the fifth story arc of the first season, which happens to be my favourite arc. Seeing THAT adapted into a movie would've been totally awesome. Oh, well. The arc this movie is based on makes more sense, as it provides an explanation to the other arc the first movie is based on. Besides, it would be virtually impossible to adapt all the story arcs into one movie without it becoming confusing.
Anyone who thinks Canadians are meek and mild-mannered has obviously never seen us during Question Period!

go_leafs_nation
Trigger Man

Post by go_leafs_nation »

I just noticed Elsa Lanchester (Miss Marbles in Murder by Death) was the Nurse in Witness for the Prosecution!
The two women exchanged the kind of glance women use when no knife is handy.
~Ellery Queen
At the Scene of the Crime

Niteshade007
"Master Detective is creepy!"

Post by Niteshade007 »

She was also the Bride of Frankenstein...which is kind of a misnomer. Frankenstein in the doctor, not the monster.

PeachFreak
Highbinder

Post by PeachFreak »

School's been evil lately. So many essays and projects. Ugh.

And now, I've started looking at colleges and realized I'm too rich to apply for financial aid, but not rich enough to get through school without financial aid.
"Like my daddy always says, give me a good neuromuscular poison any day."

kova
Detective

Post by kova »

I would look into scholarships and workstudies. It's hit or miss with workstudies. Some schools (like mine) have several positions only available to those with workstudy money. Others (like another school I went to) only have a few positions. They normally have financial-based awards and merit-based awards. The merit-based is usually awarded if you can describe how this job applies to your career goals. The best thing is I don't have to pay anyone back (since I'm working).

I lucked out and found one that has been a dream. Though I will not be able to keep my position after I graduate, I gained skills, contacts, and references. You might be able to ask about workstudies. It's usually less selective than scholarships and it pays my rent and food bills. And the school pays most of your salary (which is why I can't keep my position) and you can say to a business you want to work at that they don't have to put in as much money to pay you.

I too have too many projects. And I got another pushed back onto me because of a professor. /sigh

Jane Poirot
Femme Fatale

Post by Jane Poirot »

I think I have figured out a method to defeat that wretched Minesweep game! :D
Anyone who thinks Canadians are meek and mild-mannered has obviously never seen us during Question Period!

Jane Poirot
Femme Fatale

Post by Jane Poirot »

Jane Poirot wrote: I think I have figured out a method to defeat that wretched Minesweep game! :D
AAARRRRGGH! :evil:

Black
Bindle Stiff

Post by Black »

and it didn't work.

go_leafs_nation
Trigger Man

Having nearly finished Vampire Tower, I can now relax. I hope the Leafs finally win tonight! I'm leaving home now to get my hair cut...
~Ellery Queen

go_leafs_nation
Trigger Man

Ha; I was killed after 2 seconds on the hitlist in Mafia Wars...
~Ellery Queen

Jane Poirot
Femme Fatale

Post by Jane Poirot »

Recently, there isn't much to say. However, I did manage to buy disk 2 of Death Note today. I've been watching it on this site that shows anime episodes; however, it isn't very reliable recently because some episodes are unavailable, and I don't want to go to YouTube too often because sometimes, you'll rely on one source for all the episodes and then then you suddenly discover one day that that person's account has been suspended and therefore you have to scavenger all over for the episodes yet again (which is what slowed down my Higurashi viewing).
Death Note is pretty friggin' awesome, to say the least. Because my allowance is currently going through something of a Depression, I am trying to limit the stuff I buy, so I only bought one disk. The other reason is because I found out the first season of Higurashi (English title: When They Cry ) is finally available on DVD! The complete set isn't in stores yet, but I did manage to pre-order it instead of buying the one disk I found, which is awesome.

fendue
Biometrics Examiner

Post by fendue »

I'm back.

fendue
Biometrics Examiner

Post by fendue »

My teacher has a Clue video game... I wonder if I could buy it off of her.

Black
Bindle Stiff

Post by Black »

which one.

go_leafs_nation
Trigger Man

Ha! I just got a spam e-mail that admitted in the subject that it was spam!
~Ellery Queen

Jane Poirot
Femme Fatale

Post by Jane Poirot »

That just reminded me of this Monty Python video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=anwy2MPT5RE&feature=fvw

fendue
Biometrics Examiner

Post by fendue »

Black wrote:which one.

go_leafs_nation
Trigger Man

I want to see Law Abiding Citizen-- it looks really good!
~Ellery Queen

Jane Poirot
Femme Fatale

Post by Jane Poirot »

I hate homework. :evil:

Jane Poirot
Femme Fatale

Post by Jane Poirot »

On another note, I am beginning to get into Higurashi's spiritual successor Umineko No Naku Koro Ni (my plan is to watch two anime series seperately; last time, I was flipping back and forth between The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya , which was very funny, and Elfen Lied , which was VERY depressing). By 'spiritual successor', I mean it is made by the same company and contains the same basic premise, but has no connection to the original series or characters whatsoever.
I was a bit reluctant to try it out when I heard of this, thinking it was just another heartless attempt to cash in money, but I saw the first episode and am reading the first few manga chapters on OneManga...and I actually really like it! It's a bit slow-moving, but enjoyable. What I want to do is read the manga and watch the anime at the same time because apparently, there is some stuff in the manga that is left out on the show (apparently, the same thing happened with Higurashi because the manga explains certain plot holes that weren't resolved properly in the anime, and they're both based off this visual novel game). The Umineko episodes are hard to find on YouTube, but I'm looking for them (the one user who had the first episode did not have the rest, sadly enough).