Current Thoughts

All other non-Clue/Cluedo discussion.

Moderators: Michael, BBP, Tum

Niteshade007
"Master Detective is creepy!"

Post by Niteshade007 »

I agree. I think that people are remembered differently when they're dead. The man was a joke for the last 20 years of his life. Now that he's dead, suddenly everyone was a fan.

fendue
Biometrics Examiner

Post by fendue »

People are saying "RIP Billy Mays" or "RIP Michael. I love you!", but I doubt they gave a crap about them when they were alive.

CluedoKid
Con Artiste

Post by CluedoKid »

I think Michael Jackson's remembrance is less about what he became, but more about what he contributed. Kind of like the South Park episode where Chef joins a club where they brainwash him into being a child molester. The kids try to rescue Chef but as he is on the bridge thinking about whether to go back with the kids or stay with the fruity molestation club, a lightening bolt zaps the bridge and Chef on fire, it breaks, he falls through and is impaled on a branch in the ground, then a bear and mountain lion fight over him and they rip him apart and munch on his intestines...

Anyway, at Chef's funeral, the kids beg everyone not to remember Chef after he was brainwashed by the fruity club, but remember the lovable Chef who used to sing songs, teach them life-lessons and just overall be there when needed.

go_leafs_nation
Trigger Man

Post by go_leafs_nation »

It's perfectly true. As recently as 2002, Robin Williams used him as a joke on his stand-up comedy tour, saying "In Neverland, it says you must be this [raises hand to approx. waist level] tall to ride Michael." Now, he is going to go down as a struggling genius who was misunderstood by the world. I don't know, his death just doesn't make the slightest difference to me. His work had no influence on me in the least, and I wasn't a fan of his eccentricities.
The two women exchanged the kind of glance women use when no knife is handy.
~Ellery Queen
At the Scene of the Crime

fendue
Biometrics Examiner

Post by fendue »

Anyone notice the annoying ads all over the Internet? Here's some I noticed:

"EVONY: Save the Queen!"
"Discover the secret, discovered by a mom in YOUR AREA, for White Teeth"
"Thank God My Friend Lisa STOPPED me from getting Botox!"
All ads with: "As seen on Rachel Ray, Oprah, FOX news, etc."

cacums
Ringer

Post by cacums »

I saw a Slap Susan Boyle one 8)

fendue
Biometrics Examiner

Post by fendue »

I saw one: "Dance Your *** Off: The Worst Dancers Win!"
Last edited by fendue on Sun Jun 28, 2009 9:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jane Poirot
Femme Fatale

Post by Jane Poirot »

On the TV Tropes page for "Convenient Miscarriage", there will sometimes be an internet ad about "losing weight". Is this supposed to be a form of black humour? :?
Anyone who thinks Canadians are meek and mild-mannered has obviously never seen us during Question Period!

Jane Poirot
Femme Fatale

Post by Jane Poirot »

I'm pretty sure we all saw Bugs Bunny cartoons at one point or another during our lives. Well, I just remembered one: The opera one. That was the only Bugs Bunny cartoon to make me cry.
"Well, what did you expect from an opera? A happy ending?"
Nostalgia Critic put my feelings perfectly for me: "No! But I expected it from a f*cking Bugs Bunny cartoon!"
Anyone who thinks Canadians are meek and mild-mannered has obviously never seen us during Question Period!

Depboy
Missing Person

Post by Depboy »

go_leafs_nation wrote: I don't know, his death just doesn't make the slightest difference to me. His work had no influence on me in the least, and I wasn't a fan of his eccentricities.
And this is why, after this post, you will be not be hearing from me again on this forum. I had a discussion with some people tonight and they made me realize how far removed and how little in common I have with the rest of the people that post on this site. The one common connection that we have is a love of a board game. Yes, the love of this game has taken on a meaning in my life in the form of my online series. And when I told them about it, someone commented that I use the site I have created as an outlet to voice my inner thoughts and demons just as some people write in journals, paint hideous pictures...etc. So boardicide is not something I ever thought I would commit, but after talking with real, live people and not communicating via threads on a forum, I choose to separate myself. The age gap, the interests, the complete and utter devaluation of ones personal values, struggles, interests and concerns led to this decision. Visiting this site has become a habit more than anything, with me logging on not to check the most recent threads for content, but to make the little icon next to them grey instead of yellow. I removed the site from my favorites in an effort to keep myself from checking it, only to find myself typing the URL into the search bar. Will I continue to lurk here? Probably. Will I post here again? Most likely not. I guess it's my way of living up to the title of "Missing Person" under my user name.

Peace.

Poirotfrmda818
Button Man

Post by Poirotfrmda818 »

I'm very sorry to hear this. You will be greatly missed.

I for one love your site, it's my favorite Clue story, of any form, out there.

One thing I would like to add is that I don't think the people on this forum have to have anything in common. We are here to discuss Clue, and as far as I'm concerned that's all we should have in common with each other. The Miscellaneous Threads, I think, have become a bigger part of this site recently, but I still think that we should visit this site not do discuss things like Micheal Jackson's death or anything else going on in the world, but instead to discuss Clue. After all, that's what has brought us all here in the first place.

CluedoKid
Con Artiste

Post by CluedoKid »

The website....I...I don't know what it is. Even in my sleep I see the URL http://www.theartofmurder.com/forums chasing me down a long dark hall...consuming my soul. As I try to get away, I see those pages taunting me as they turn from orange to grey.....it's as though I'm a phantom wandering aimlessly wondering if I'll ever increase my post count someday....ohhhhhh....

Adios Depboy. Nice having you with us. Hope a little TheArtofMurder abstinence does you good.

(And so another one bites the dust...)

Adam106
Hatchet Man

Post by Adam106 »

Goodbye Depboy. We don't know eachother all that well but I feel awful about you leaving. :(

go_leafs_nation
Trigger Man

Post by go_leafs_nation »

Oh, dear. Now I feel quite dreadful. You will be missed, Depboy.
The two women exchanged the kind of glance women use when no knife is handy.
~Ellery Queen
At the Scene of the Crime

cacums
Ringer

Post by cacums »

:cry: I'll miss you Depboy... I do hope your clue series continues... (I can only wonder who said those things :evil: )

fendue
Biometrics Examiner

Post by fendue »

Au revoir, Depboy. Vous nous manquera beaucoup.

French for "Goodbye, Depboy. You will be greatly missed."

MissScarletDidntDoIt
Crime Lab Scientist

Post by MissScarletDidntDoIt »

Goodbye! I don't know you at all, but I know you will be missed among the forum.

Black
Bindle Stiff

Post by Black »

C U Depboy. :(

Jane Poirot
Femme Fatale

Post by Jane Poirot »

Know what I've discovered? Video making is like learning how to ride a bike: Incredibly frustrating at first, especially when everyone around you makes it look so easy , but once you get the hang of it, it can be really fun to do.

WarnerPlum
Chopper Squad
Location: Sitting in my dusty bedroom in the United Kingdom - now where was that broom...

Post by WarnerPlum »

What a bad weekend! I've had to reinstall Windows and all of my programs because of some virus, and then I couldn't even get onto the internet until it was fixed. Hey... know who I saw on 'Last of the Summer Wine'? Jim Bowen! Super smashing great, eh!? :D
"Caveat emptor, Plum: let the buyer beware."
"No, Boddy... YOU beware."
~ Blackmail!