Current Thoughts

All other non-Clue/Cluedo discussion.

Moderators: Michael, BBP, Tum

fendue
Biometrics Examiner

Post by fendue »

I would like the Reinvention Mustard if he was a colonel.

kova
Detective

Post by kova »

I understand why Miss Scarlet is the most famous, but why Mustard? I always figured Plum would be second but I guess I'm wrong. I do thing it's funny when an ad says all the characters ect. for Mrs Peacock and instead of her just says the rest.

MissScarletDidntDoIt
Crime Lab Scientist

Post by MissScarletDidntDoIt »

Well, "Colonel" is a title that we see a lot of in classic whodunits and has become kind of associated with them. Just a thought...

fendue
Biometrics Examiner

Post by fendue »

I find it hard to read a mystery without a military man in it.

MissScarletDidntDoIt
Crime Lab Scientist

And also, when guys are introduced to the game, they usually start with Col. Mustard and girls usually start with Miss Scarlet. Not stereotyping here... just with my experience in introducing many people to the game, those suspects are usually the most popular.

fendue
Biometrics Examiner

Post by fendue »

I would say Green is the least popular character. Maybe Plum or White.

MissScarletDidntDoIt
Crime Lab Scientist

Well here's how I can try and sum up who people pick. Teenage girls and younger usually pick Miss Scarlet because she's the pretty one (or in the case of older teenage girls, the sexy cool one). Younger boys usually pick Col. Mustard because he's in the army, and that's about the coolest thing in the world to a young boy. Women, and of course a good part of older teenage/young adult girls, usually favour Mrs. Peacock because she's still pretty (minus a few editions of course), but she isn't slutty. Quite a good portion of guys like Green over Mustard just because. When it comes to Mrs. White, she is usually the least popular female character, though some favour her (I know my oldest sister does because the movie Mrs. White is her favourite movie version character), but some moms and grandmas still like her. My friend likes White for whatever reason. Unfortunately for Plum, he seems to be the least popular. Some people see him as nerdy, and that's their motive for disliking him. Some guys don't like him just because he's purple. I, however, play as Plum quite often, and on Cluedome, he is without a doubt the most popular character. For some reason, he doesn't get the biggest welcome by people I've played with.

Ramble complete.
Last edited by MissScarletDidntDoIt on Sun Mar 22, 2009 5:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Harlequin
Master Detective

Post by Harlequin »

My players
Most Popular Overall- Scarlett
Least Popular Overall- Green
Most Popular Man- Plum
Most Popular Woman- Scarlett
Characters Most Often Left Out When Our Family Play: mrs. White and rev. Green.
'You should never trust strangers, Sammy. This is gonna be fun!'
~ Former Bounty Hunter, now Space Pirate Mistress Gandrayda, Proving Grounds, Urtragia, shortly before termination as a result of Phazon corruption.

fendue
Biometrics Examiner

Post by fendue »

Nah.

Most Popular Overall- Scarlett
Least Popular Overall- Plum
Most Popular Man- Mustard
Most Popular Woman- Scarlett

MissScarletDidntDoIt
Crime Lab Scientist

Observing other people I play with...

1st picked female: Scarlet
2nd picked female: Peacock
Last-resort female: White
1st picked male: Mustard
2nd picked male: Green
Last-resort male: Plum

But in my personal preference, I'm usually Plum. If he's taken, or I feel like being someone different, I nowadays go for Green and occasionally Mustard. When I was younger, I always always played as Scarlet. I'm not usually female characters anymore, because I usually play with girls lol.

Adam106
Hatchet Man

Post by Adam106 »

I wouldn't say nobody is the most unpopular character when my brother and I play. I usually play as either Scarlet, Peacock, or Plum, and he'll usually play as Mustard, Green, or White.

Jane Poirot
Femme Fatale

Post by Jane Poirot »

Bit by bit, I am dipping my toes into the Anime genre, thanks to good ol' YouTube. It's a bit different from Western Animation (especially since things are a bit less G-rated and also a bit more over-the-top if you get what I mean), but I find it interesting.
Anyone who thinks Canadians are meek and mild-mannered has obviously never seen us during Question Period!

fendue
Biometrics Examiner

Post by fendue »

Anime? Not for me.

CluedoKid
Con Artiste

Post by CluedoKid »

I can't stand anime most of the time. There are exceptions though. I found Howl's Moving Castle, Princess Mononoke and Spirited Away to be artistic masterpieces.

PeachFreak
Highbinder

Post by PeachFreak »

Oh, I adore Spirted Away. It's one of my favorite movies of all time. Howl's Moving Castle was good, but it was a bit of a letdown compared to the book. Princess Monoke was alright, but it didn't hold my attention for too long...

I don't know if anyone's ever seen Grave of the Fireflies, but it's pretty good. It's very depressing, though.
"Like my daddy always says, give me a good neuromuscular poison any day."

Niteshade007
"Master Detective is creepy!"

Post by Niteshade007 »

My friends and I are talking about going to New York over the summer. When we were figuring out who would be going, I mentioned that I would invite this girl I've been dating. It hasn't been too serious, but we've been dating for like a month, although I will admit that time has really only consisted of two "real" dates and lots of talking on the phone/texting and one time hanging out with friends. When I mentioned inviting her, my friends acted like I was insane. They kept saying that it was "weird" and "quick." I don't understand. I think it would be weird if I didn't invite her, especially given that she's kind of a jealous type. Is it weird that I would invite her on a group trip? I think it would be if it was just the two of us, but asking her to go somewhere with me and my friends doesn't seem weird to me. Maybe I'm alone on this.

MissScarletDidntDoIt
Crime Lab Scientist

Well from your date's perspective, she might feel jealous if she was not included. From your friends' perspectives, it's not unusual to not want dates in on a friends' trip. I understand both sides here.

PS. I'm currently thinking that that kid on Two and a Half Men is getting too old.

go_leafs_nation
Trigger Man

Post by go_leafs_nation »

Well guys, the death I mentioned earlier has really rattled and depressed me, and I find that I've suddenly lost interest in a lot of things. Hopefully I'll get over it, but I won't be on for a while...
The two women exchanged the kind of glance women use when no knife is handy.
~Ellery Queen
At the Scene of the Crime

Adam106
Hatchet Man

Post by Adam106 »

I'm sorry to hear that go_leafs_nation. :(

Adam106
Hatchet Man

Post by Adam106 »

I've decided that my latest goal is to improve my vocabulary and learn new words.