Current Thoughts

All other non-Clue/Cluedo discussion.

Moderators: Michael, BBP, Tum

cacums
Ringer

Post by cacums »

My sc*ool basement flooded from all the rain and sewage gas can up and sc*ool was let out early! :D :D

Jane Poirot
Femme Fatale

Post by Jane Poirot »

I go back tomorrow, so after tomorrow, the actual word can be used.
Also, I am one of the rare persons in this world who does not watch reality TV much (though I occasionally catch American/Canadian Idol or The Amazing Race if I am waiting for, say, Desperate Housewives to come on). Why? Because I watch TV for the same reason I read/write books and watch movies and play games: To escape reality.
Anyone who thinks Canadians are meek and mild-mannered has obviously never seen us during Question Period!

cacums
Ringer

Post by cacums »

I've only seen one Desperate Housewives episode: the one with*** the Tornado that runs down the street..***

Jane Poirot
Femme Fatale

Post by Jane Poirot »

Oh yeah, that one was sweet. I couldn't help going 'eeww' when Victor got impaled by the flying post.
Anyone who thinks Canadians are meek and mild-mannered has obviously never seen us during Question Period!

Jane Poirot
Femme Fatale

Post by Jane Poirot »

Okay, it's safe to say school now.
Also, I own all of the Nancy Drew games and what makes Danger on Deception Island naueseauting is that (you can make sandwiches in this game, btw) it isn't the combination of ingrediants that will make Nancy sick; it's just the ingrediants themselves (expired mayo, jellyfish, moldy cheese, etc.), so when I made Nancy a ketchup and peanut butter and ice cream sandwich, she liked it! :shock:

cacums
Ringer

Post by cacums »

Muffins

WarnerPlum
Chopper Squad
Location: Sitting in my dusty bedroom in the United Kingdom - now where was that broom...

Post by WarnerPlum »

Jane Poirot wrote:Okay, it's safe to say school now.
Also, I own all of the Nancy Drew games and what makes Danger on Deception Island naueseauting is that (you can make sandwiches in this game, btw) it isn't the combination of ingrediants that will make Nancy sick; it's just the ingrediants themselves (expired mayo, jellyfish, moldy cheese, etc.), so when I made Nancy a ketchup and peanut butter and ice cream sandwich, she liked it! :shock:
Wait, yer supposed to make Nancy barf?!!? :shock:
"Caveat emptor, Plum: let the buyer beware."
"No, Boddy... YOU beware."
~ Blackmail!

WarnerPlum
Chopper Squad
Location: Sitting in my dusty bedroom in the United Kingdom - now where was that broom...

Post by WarnerPlum »

CluedoKid wrote:I think WarnerPlum is just being silly cacums.
You're right. I was wrong.
Goooodness graaacious, that's why I'm a mess!
"Caveat emptor, Plum: let the buyer beware."
"No, Boddy... YOU beware."
~ Blackmail!

cacums
Ringer

Post by cacums »

I'm leaving in two hours to go up to my cousin's he's turning one :D

kova
Detective

Post by kova »

I hate having a stuffy nose on a Friday in a lively foreign city.

go_leafs_nation
Trigger Man

Post by go_leafs_nation »

My girlfriend just broke up with me, after calling me a criminal and several other nice names. What a great day I'm having.
The two women exchanged the kind of glance women use when no knife is handy.
~Ellery Queen
At the Scene of the Crime

Depboy
Missing Person

Post by Depboy »

go_leafs_nation wrote:My girlfriend just broke up with me, after calling me a criminal
Which begs the question, what were you doing to be called a criminal??

go_leafs_nation
Trigger Man

Well, to be honest, I do not know. It turned into an insulting session, and I think any "title" would've done, as long as it was insulting enough.
~Ellery Queen

CluedoKid
Con Artiste

Post by CluedoKid »

ROSE: You can always kill her.

BRUNETTE: And ave all of Interpol chazing after uz?

ROSE: Just a suggestion.

go_leafs_nation
Trigger Man

:lol: !!!
~Ellery Queen

Jane Poirot
Femme Fatale

Post by Jane Poirot »

This will either cheer you up or freak you out (made by gargoylekitty):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOR3tjzVB38

go_leafs_nation
Trigger Man

Oh dear. That was very... interesting. The Joker seems SLIGHTly out of character though. Just slightly. ;)
~Ellery Queen

Badger24601
Snoop

Post by Badger24601 »

I just played in my first tennis tournament. :) My school lost awfully, but that's okay.
I'M SHOUTING I'M SHOUTING I'M SHOUT--

Jane Poirot
Femme Fatale

Nancy Drew

Post by Jane Poirot »

I've been replaying the first five Nancy Drew games recently and here are a few observations for each of them:

1 (Secrets Can Kill) This was the very first ND game and it was based on the very first Nancy Drew Files book. It's pretty obvious that HER was experimenting with different things to do, like to throw in little fun stuff and see how players react. For instance, there are several puzzles that hint at the killer's identity and what to do in dangerous situations, which is interesting, but it gives away too much (this is done again in the second game, which I will get to in a moment). I myself thought it was OOC for Nancy to just come out and reveal that she knew about this and that and for the characters not to go, "How did you find out?!?" I'm really glad HER improved on this.

2 (Stay Tuned For Danger) The characters are pretty weird in this one; some are adorable-weird like me, whilst others are just plain...weird. For instance, it's really funny how the director, Lillian Weiss, is an obnoxious...jerk (I wouldn't call her a b*itch, though she does occasionally venture into that territory) and acts like she's so much better than Nancy, like she's in charge of everything, and then at the end when the culprit comes after Nancy and Lillian, she acts like a chicken with its head cut off. And Rick Arlen, the subject of the death threats...when I showed this game to my Dad, he said that Rick will one day be arrested for attacking his own mirror on a bad hair day. The characters are so wild, I think I'll write a fanfiction about them! Also, the ending is REALLY intense; my heart was pounding the entire time!

3 (Message in a Haunted Mansion) The only character that's really weird in this one is Abby. Again, I think HER was experimenting with what kind of ending to use, because in this one you need to trap the culprit from getting away by dropping a chandelier on them. I thought it was kind of neat how they mixed in Chinese symbols with the plot and how the music had a somewhat Chinese feeling to it.

4 (Treasure in the Royal Tower) This was the first ND game I ever played before the others and in the beginning, you're supposed to take Nancy's room key (which is a card) and then leave and she won't let you leave until you take the key. I did not realize where this key was and I got really frustrated because I couldn't call anyone and I kept changing from day to night. In fact, I think I did it so many times, Nancy was stuck in her room for a year, lol! :oops:

5 (The Final Scene) Fun as this game is, it's also kind of depressing because of the characters (namely Simone; her, I'm willing to call a b*tch and other nasty names). I couldn't believe someone could be more concerned over their client's publicity than the life of an innocent girl! And for that manner, I was angry that when Nancy called the police, they acted like she was making it up!

All in all, the first five games are really good, but the series gets better as it progresses; my favourite so far is Phantom of Venice and I can't wait for The Haunting of Castle Malloy! :)

kova
Detective

Post by kova »

Badger24601 wrote:I just played in my first tennis tournament. :) My school lost awfully, but that's okay.
I miss those days. Okay not the first tournament part but the team tennis aspect. Except I had to carry our girl's team.