Current Thoughts

All other non-Clue/Cluedo discussion.

Moderators: Michael, BBP, Tum

Poirotfrmda818
Button Man

Post by Poirotfrmda818 »

Nevermind, found it. (Still confused about Richard Simmons though)

cacums
Ringer

Post by cacums »

OMG, that's funny!

Jane Poirot
Femme Fatale

Post by Jane Poirot »

Heath Ledger should get posthumous recognition for his role as the Joker in one way or another; maybe even the Oscars. I don't see why not; it's been done before!
Anyone who thinks Canadians are meek and mild-mannered has obviously never seen us during Question Period!

Kristev
Crime Writer

Post by Kristev »

Richard Simmons in Clue? That's really . . . icky!

Kristev
Crime Writer

Post by Kristev »

That customer website. Michael. It's hilarious. I'm enjoying every moment of it.

go_leafs_nation
Trigger Man

Post by go_leafs_nation »

Jane Poirot wrote:Heath Ledger should get posthumous recognition for his role as the Joker in one way or another; maybe even the Oscars. I don't see why not; it's been done before!
Ledger's performance as the Joker was brilliant! It's one of the many things that make "The Dark Knight" my favourite movie ever. (As you can perhaps tell by my new avatar. :) )
The two women exchanged the kind of glance women use when no knife is handy.
~Ellery Queen
At the Scene of the Crime

Jane Poirot
Femme Fatale

Post by Jane Poirot »

I've updated my profile page yet AGAIN. It was just a bunch of boring lists before, but now it's even better: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1015237/AIT98
Anyone who thinks Canadians are meek and mild-mannered has obviously never seen us during Question Period!

Jane Poirot
Femme Fatale

Post by Jane Poirot »

I just came back from seeing the newest Indiana Jones movie and I'll say this: It was a looong line-up, the theatre was crowded, and my mother had to stand in line to get popcorn and drinks so my dad and I went into the theatre and had to save her a seat and we told the old guy next to us not to save the seat, but guess what? When his buddy came back, he allowed him to sit in the seat and my Dad and I kept telling him to get up, that my mom was supposed to sit there, and the (insert word that would automatically get *beeped*) said, "I don't see a name on it!" and kept acting like my dad was some crazy old man who had an imaginary wife. But he left and my mom came back when we were fifteen minutes into the movie, so I've come to a conclusion: Elderly people shouldn't complain about teenagers being rude and disrespectful because they can be the same way, too! :evil:
But you know what? The movie made everything totally worth it. It was AWESOME from beginning to end and Shia LaBouef, as always, was amazing. I loved him when he was Louis Stevens and I still love him as Mutt Williams. The movie had everything: It had action, adventure, romance, comedy, and supernatural themes. It makes me want to re-watch the other Indiana Jones movies.
Also, am I the only one who thinks Disney will make a ride out of it?

cacums
Ringer

Post by cacums »

I like the idea :)

Sorry, about your adventure at the theater though :wink:

Jane Poirot
Femme Fatale

Post by Jane Poirot »

Thanks, it was pretty much the same way at the midnight showing of the fourth Harry Potter movie a few years ago except people were a bit more polite.

cacums
Ringer

Post by cacums »

Kristev wrote:Richard Simmons in Clue? That's really . . . icky!

ROFLMAO, That is too funny...

Jane Poirot
Femme Fatale

Post by Jane Poirot »

I need some opinions: Is Mamma Mia any good? I really want to see it and my instincts are telling me it's worth watching (and my instincts are right almost all of the time; they were right about Sweeney Todd), except my second oldest sister has a friend who saw it and said "the songs are good, but the singing is bad."
Now this particular friend doesn't have extremely good taste in movies (to put it mildly); one time, she recommended Because I Said So and said it was "really good" and so my mom rented it and we saw it with my sister, and guess what? It was really good...when we finally got my sister to turn it off about twenty-five minutes later! Ugh, was it a bad movie! (And it was hard for me to believe that the star was the same Diane Keaton from the wonderful The Godfather!) We (my mom and me at least) came to the conclusion that this friend had no taste, but according to my sister, her friend "knows her music".
So I need a variety of opinions: Is the singing really that bad? Even if it is, is the movie still worth it as long as I bring ear plugs?

go_leafs_nation
Trigger Man

Post by go_leafs_nation »

I haven't seen it, mainly because I generally dislike musicals. But a few of my friends saw it, and said that the singing was bad. I can't help any more than that, I'm afraid.

On a lighter note, I found this humourous picture on the Internet:
The two women exchanged the kind of glance women use when no knife is handy.
~Ellery Queen
At the Scene of the Crime

Jane Poirot
Femme Fatale

Post by Jane Poirot »

I think I will be generous and reveal one of my upcoming stories. First of all, I will tell you what the fandom is: The Baby-Sitters Club. I re-discovered the books during the summer and fell in love with them all over again. I will now tell you about the club members: First, there's Kristy and Mary Anne who are my favourite members, along with Claudia. Those are the first three members. There is also Stacey, that's four. After her came Dawn, making five. Shortly after Stacey temporarily moved back to New York, two new members came along (Mallory and Jessi) which now adds up to seven. Along the way, the club picked up two associate members, Logan and Shannon, making nine. And finally, Abby joined the club late in the series when Dawn moved back to California, so all together, that's TEN. I think you know where I'm going with this. :wink:

Poirotfrmda818
Button Man

Post by Poirotfrmda818 »

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D SUPER CLUEDO JUST ARRIVED!!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

WarnerPlum
Chopper Squad
Location: Sitting in my dusty bedroom in the United Kingdom - now where was that broom...

Post by WarnerPlum »

Something terrible is going to happen, I can feel it! :(
"Caveat emptor, Plum: let the buyer beware."
"No, Boddy... YOU beware."
~ Blackmail!

cacums
Ringer

Post by cacums »

Like what?

CluedoKid
Con Artiste

Post by CluedoKid »

I think WarnerPlum is just being silly cacums.

Depboy
Missing Person

Post by Depboy »

I can't wait for 90210 on the CW tonight! Love me some bitchy Shannen Doherty!

Kristev
Crime Writer

Post by Kristev »

My third book is finished. Not in print yet, but it's done.