Current Thoughts

All other non-Clue/Cluedo discussion.

Moderators: Michael, BBP, Tum

CluedoKid
Con Artiste

Post by CluedoKid »

When I turn 20 in 3 years, does CluedoMan have a nice ring? :)

cacums
Ringer

Post by cacums »

You will always be Cluedokid to me, but sure it will work.

Jane Poirot
Femme Fatale

Post by Jane Poirot »

Know what's weird? Whenever I write a particularly funny line for a story, it's mildly amusing to me personally, but is flat-out hysterical to those who write in to review and tell me so. Maybe these jokes aren't as funny to me because I come up with them, therefore I already know the punchline and it doesn't have as much of an effect on me, whereas if I read a joke I never heard before that I liked, I'd find it funnier?
Anyone who thinks Canadians are meek and mild-mannered has obviously never seen us during Question Period!

Michael
Mastermind

Post by Michael »

CluedoKid wrote:When I turn 20 in 3 years, does CluedoMan have a nice ring? :)
What's your super power, CluedoMan?
How do you know what kind of pictures they are if you're such a lay-dee?

Michael
Mastermind

Post by Michael »

Black wrote:The president of TNA Dixie Carter or some other woman?

(heart beating really fast and fingers crossed)
Some other woman, some other woman
If you don't know Dixie Carter's Julia Sugarbaker, you've missed out on one of the best shows of the 80s/90s - Designing Women. It was on par with the Golden Girls in my opinion.

Julia Sugarbaker was my hero. Too bad there aren't many clips online. Watching her tirades were the best part of the show.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZHw7XWky_A

Niteshade007
"Master Detective is creepy!"

Post by Niteshade007 »

Haha, I haven't seen the show, but I recognized most of the actresses I think (with the exception of Dixie Carter, actually). Jean Smart, Delta Burke, and Annie Potts, right?

We had our work banquet tonight. I won biggest caffeine addict and most attractive male. Did not win favorite supervisor though. Apparently I'm nice to look at but have very little else to offer.

go_leafs_nation
Trigger Man

Post by go_leafs_nation »

Ever watch a show or something on TV as a kid and then years later try figuring out what the h*ll it was that you watched???
The two women exchanged the kind of glance women use when no knife is handy.
~Ellery Queen
At the Scene of the Crime

Black
Bindle Stiff

Post by Black »

go_leafs_nation wrote:Ever watch a show or something on TV as a kid and then years later try figuring out what the h*ll it was that you watched???
Something like that, but the opposite.

When I was younger, I watched a programme called "Upstairs, Downstairs" I hated it then but I like it now.

go_leafs_nation
Trigger Man

I have no idea what it was about, but I remember as a kid being in the same room as my aunt when she was watching a show- something about a woman shrinking or something and being mischievous, there was something about a cake that made the adults act like kids- I remember some woman shouting "let's play post office!" or something like that. Now I'm trying to figure out what kind of twisted thing I was watching!

On another note, my parents have recently had an obsession over my decision not to go to my prom. My reasoning: it's expensive, I have no one to go with, and let's face it, I won't enjoy myself there, and I'm not particularly fond of my classmates, so why bother? To this, they tell me I will live to regret it. Unlikely, but thanks for the tip. Now can we go on a different subject?
~Ellery Queen

Jane Poirot
Femme Fatale

Post by Jane Poirot »

Speaking of prom...I sort-of-kind-of got a little drunk two weeks ago and sort-of-kind-of asked my guy friend out to the prom. :oops: At the time, I was like "Oh, I'll regret this tomorrow morning, but who the h*ll cares right now? Life is beautiful! *hic*"
Then when I sobered up the next morning, I went, "Holy sh*t, what have I done?!?" To tell the truth, I'm actually kind of glad I did, since I've been wanting to ask him for a while now. He goes to a different school, so he says he'll check and see when his is. It's a start, I guess. At least he didn't say "No".

You'll probably shoot this suggestion down, go_leafs...but why not ask out, perhaps, a nice girl around your neighbourhood, or a girl from your church and take them to the prom, but go as friends?
Anyone who thinks Canadians are meek and mild-mannered has obviously never seen us during Question Period!

CluedoKid
Con Artiste

Post by CluedoKid »

Who asks anyone to the prom anymore!?

I'm going in drag probably. At least that's the rumour. :)

Jane Poirot
Femme Fatale

Post by Jane Poirot »

And you'll take pictures, right? :wink:

Michael
Mastermind

Post by Michael »

I went to my Junior prom with my best (girl) friend from high school. It was just a bit of fun - going out like we always did, but just all dressed up. My Senior year, I asked another girl from our "group" and we became a couple. I look back and wish that hadn't happened... I would much rather have just gone with a "just friends" understanding. But in any case, I am really glad that I did go. It IS a memory that you'll have for a long time. Tum did not go to his prom and I know he regrets it. He's mentioned as much on a couple occasions.

Niteshade007
"Master Detective is creepy!"

Post by Niteshade007 »

I had a great time at prom. Even though I didn't have as much fun at my first two homecomings, I'm still glad I went. I kind of wish they still had prom in college. We had a Garnet & Gold Ball, but it wasn't really the same thing.

Michael
Mastermind

Post by Michael »

I worry that my fish gets bored and lonely in his (or her?) tank. :(

Jane Poirot
Femme Fatale

Post by Jane Poirot »

Titanic's 98th anniversary is today.

cacums
Ringer

Post by cacums »

I'm gonna watch the movie later.

MissScarletDidntDoIt
Crime Lab Scientist

Post by MissScarletDidntDoIt »

Well I was exploring the realms of Wikipedia when I stumbled upon "The Flat Earth Society." These people genuinely believe the Earth is flat. They're arguments at scientific proof are hilarious.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=23033272998

Kristev
Crime Writer

Post by Kristev »

The things people believe, it's ridiculous.

go_leafs_nation
Trigger Man

Whenever my bus is late and I have to wait another half hour for the next one, I have this habit of going to a used bookstore by the bus station. Today, I go in as I often do (although lately, due to a run of phenomenal luck, I haven't been there in about a month), and I start browsing through the books. Nothing there I'm interested in that doesn't cost too much. So I move on to the DVDs, with about 10 minutes left to wait. I look- there is a movie I've been looking for on DVD for AGES- Lawrence Kasdan's Grand Canyon!!! And as a bonus, the price has been marked down from $14 to $6! :D :D :D
~Ellery Queen