Post by ZachBlack000 »

Here is the link to the music-video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SxGLPVvNjvY

Zoo977
Master Detective

Re: Ava Max - "So Am I" [Official Music Video]

Post by Zoo977 »

Well, it's not often my pop music listening comes in handy here : P

Ava Maxx strikes me as like, a complete flash in the pan. "Sweet but psycho" is honestly kind of laughably basic, and I haven't been too impressed with her lyrics on either of her follow ups, "kings and queens" or "my head, my heart."

That said. All three have been UNSTOPPABLY catchy and I've been humming the latter of the three to myself these past four days. I'm just surprised she's getting a moment now, what use could club pop have in a pandemic world with no open clubs? *beep*, her style's very early 2000s, maybe even late 90s, she should be completely out of style. Very strange.
ImageImageImageImage

ZachBlack000
Junior Detective

Post by ZachBlack000 »

Zoo977 wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 11:08 pm Well, it's not often my pop music listening comes in handy here : P
Ava Maxx strikes me as like, a complete flash in the pan. "Sweet but psycho" is honestly kind of laughably basic, and I haven't been too impressed with her lyrics on either of her follow ups, "kings and queens" or "my head, my heart."
That said. All three have been UNSTOPPABLY catchy and I've been humming the latter of the three to myself these past four days. I'm just surprised she's getting a moment now, what use could club pop have in a pandemic world with no open clubs? *beep*, her style's very early 2000s, maybe even late 90s, she should be completely out of style. Very strange.
Very underrated in my opinion, some of her songs are quite inspiring, but mostly this one.

It helped me go through some hard times, 2 years ago. :cry:

Zoo977
Master Detective

Post by Zoo977 »

I gotcha. I don't mean to insult you or her - believe me, I'm not saying I'm too good for her. She's got a real talent for writing hooks, I wish I liked her lyrics more tbh.

Mostly it's nice to have some energy in the popcharts. Pop has been dead and dull for a while now, it's finally been getting some energy again
ImageImageImageImage

ZachBlack000
Junior Detective

Post by ZachBlack000 »

Zoo977 wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 1:40 pm I gotcha. I don't mean to insult you or her - believe me, I'm not saying I'm too good for her. She's got a real talent for writing hooks, I wish I liked her lyrics more tbh.
Mostly it's nice to have some energy in the popcharts. Pop has been dead and dull for a while now, it's finally been getting some energy again
I understand, even though I still believe that pop music is still alive, I have been listening to it, since I was in training pants.