All other non-Clue/Cluedo discussion.

Moderators: Michael, BBP, Tum

Black
Bindle Stiff

Foul Play

Post by Black »

I just ordered myself a brand new card game called FOUL PLAY

https://www.foulplaygame.co.uk/

Hasn't arrived yet but looking at the DEMO video, it looks really simple to play and it has 2 modes of play too

BBP
Senior Detective

Re: Foul Play

Post by BBP »

Looks interesting, I hope it's good!

Black
Bindle Stiff

Re: Foul Play

Post by Black »

I've played the game and both modes are really easy to pick up and play

The Lord of the Manor is the victim of Foul Play and the prime suspect is one of his eight "loyal" servants:
IVY SMOTHERS - MAID
MASON SMOTHERS - BUTLER
CILLIAN LYNCH - STABLEHAND
LILITH LYNCH - HOUSEKEEPER
FRAU VERMUTEN - GOVENESS
HARRY HEMLOCK - GARDENER
MORT THROTTLE - CHAUFFEUR
OLIVE MANGLE - COOK

The game comes with 52 cards consisting of 4 rule cards (double-sided) - 8 suspects - 15 Evidence cards, labeled A, B, and C - 25 Action cards

There are 2 modes of play. GOOD COP and BAD COP

In Good Cop, you randomly pick 3 pieces of evidence (A, B, and C) and without looking at them, shuffle them into the deck of cards, to win the game - you need to find the 3 pieces of evidence (you don't need them in your hand when you accuse but make sure you have seen all 3 - GOOD COPS don't make wild guesses) and then you need to have the suspect's card in your hand.

In Bad Cop, you shuffle all 15 evidence cards into the deck and instead of trying to find the murderer, you're trying to frame a suspect for the murder. You'll need 3 evidence cards in your hand (Again, A,B,C) and then have the suspect that matches the description of those cards in your hand before you accuse.

I played 4 games with my Mom - you can play with up to 5 people and the games didn't take more than 5 minutes to play. It doesn't feel like a proper murder mystery game, not one that I'm used to since you're basically looking for the solution cards to solve the crime, is that a bad thing - absolutely not, in fact, I have a travel Cluedo - I'm getting rid of that in favor of this because it's a better traveling mystery game.

Here are some of the Evidence Cards just to give you an idea:
1. The Killer is MALE
2. The Victim was STABBED
3. The Killer is a Smoker
4. The Killer has Grey Hair
5. The Killer is NOT related to another Suspect