Moderators: Michael, BBP, Tum

ZachBlack000
Junior Detective

What are your most funniest dad-jokes?

Post by ZachBlack000 »

Post your responses below!

ZachBlack000
Junior Detective

Re: What are your most funniest dad-jokes?

Post by ZachBlack000 »

Q: What did one-legged girl's parents name her, when she was born?
A: I-Lean!

MajorHoy
Slueth

Post by MajorHoy »

ZachBlack000 wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 10:18 amQ: What did one-legged girl's parents name her, when she was born?
Uh, is that really a "Dad-joke"?

When I was younger, I had a book filled with what were referred to as "gross" jokes, and that idea was one of them.

Sort of like "What do you call a boy with no arms and no legs who goes into the ocean when he visits the beach?"
Answer = Bob.

Also, "Did you hear about the moron who cut off his arms so he could wear his new sleeveless sweater?"

Again, not what I would consider "Dad-jokes", but then again, I never met your family.

ZachBlack000
Junior Detective

Post by ZachBlack000 »

MajorHoy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 3:42 pm
ZachBlack000 wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 10:18 amQ: What did one-legged girl's parents name her, when she was born?
Uh, is that really a "Dad-joke"?

When I was younger, I had a book filled with what were referred to as "gross" jokes, and that idea was one of them.

Sort of like "What do you call a boy with no arms and no legs who goes into the ocean when he visits the beach?"
Answer = Bob.

Also, "Did you hear about the moron who cut off his arms so he could wear his new sleeveless sweater?"

Again, not what I would consider "Dad-jokes", but then again, I never met your family.
That dad-joke was just supposed to be cheesy, not something that my dad would actually say.
This topic is basically just cheesy non-Cluedo jokes.

But at least I would never make fun of your family, or anyone else's family.

MajorHoy
Slueth

Post by MajorHoy »

ZachBlack000 wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 6:48 pm . . . But at least I would never make fun of your family, or anyone else's family.
I wasn't making fun of anybody's family.

I merely stated that
MajorHoy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 3:42 pmAgain, not what I would consider "Dad-jokes", but then again, I never met your family.
since I have no idea if your father was the type of person who might tell jokes like your example joke. After all, you were the one who titled the thread "What are your most funniest dad-jokes?"

ZachBlack000
Junior Detective

Post by ZachBlack000 »

Because I'm trying to see, if anyone has some good jokes.
What's your best non-Cluedo joke?

coinilius
Detective

Post by coinilius »

Dad-Joke: an unoriginal or unfunny joke of a type supposedly told by middle-aged or older men

The Ilene joke is totally a generic dad joke - it's a very old, very cringe inducing joke - I know humour never works if you have to explain it but I think MajorHoy you might be overthinking things a little :lol:

There could be a discussion about whether it is making fun of people with disabilities or something along those lines, but it would count as a dad-joke.

MajorHoy
Slueth

Post by MajorHoy »

coinilius wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 12:58 am Dad-Joke: an unoriginal or unfunny joke of a type supposedly told by middle-aged or older men

The Ilene joke is totally a generic dad joke - it's a very old, very cringe inducing joke - I know humour never works if you have to explain it but I think MajorHoy you might be overthinking things a little :lol:

There could be a discussion about whether it is making fun of people with disabilities or something along those lines, but it would count as a dad-joke.
I'll have to disagree with you there.

Jokes that involve physical disabilities, unless made by the person with that disability, aren't appropriate / wouldn't normally be considered "dad-jokes" by most people.

coinilius
Detective

Post by coinilius »

That's why I said there is a discussion that could be made about bad-taste jokes about disabilities etc. But a lot of people would still count them as dad jokes, just bad taste dad jokes, or inappropriate dad jokes. The joke posted above is incredibly old and has definitely been told by many dads. But is it appropriate now? I think in general on a forum such as this those jokes should be avoided for the reasons you outlined, but I also don't think ZachBlack intended it with any malice - normal wording is something like 'what do you call a woman with one leg' or 'what do you call a woman with one leg shorter than the other?/Ilene' which are milder ways of wording it.

Anyway, here's a link to some dad jokes:

https://www.sheppnews.com.au/2020/08/30 ... kes-so-far

For the record, the 'Bob' joke and the 'Ilene' joke are included on the list that site has compiled. I particularly groaned at this one: 'What do you call a careful wolf? Aware Wolf.'
Last edited by coinilius on Thu Dec 17, 2020 4:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MajorHoy
Slueth

Post by MajorHoy »

coinilius wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 2:45 pm . . . But is it appropriate now? I think in general on a forum such as this those jokes should be avoided for the reasons you outlined, but I also don't think ZachBlack intended it with any malice . . .
I don't think he intended it that way, either.

However, how you phrase things on the internet is important.
It's even more important when dealing with plain cold typeface since there are many nuances that don't come through on a message board that might be conveyed via face-to-face interactions where the spoken wording and facial expressions may add to the word choices.

coinilius
Detective

Post by coinilius »

MajorHoy wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 4:26 pm
coinilius wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 2:45 pm . . . But is it appropriate now? I think in general on a forum such as this those jokes should be avoided for the reasons you outlined, but I also don't think ZachBlack intended it with any malice . . .
I don't think he intended it that way, either.

However, how you phrase things on the internet is important.
It's even more important when dealing with plain cold typeface since there are many nuances that don't come through on a message board that might be conveyed via face-to-face interactions where the spoken wording and facial expressions may add to the word choices.
Which is also why ZachBlack seemed to react like you had made fun of his family, because he misinterpreted your comment (or you later misinterpreted his about making fun of people's families, depending on what he thought/meant exactly by that comment) about 'not meeting your family'. At least that is how the exchange looked to me, a third-party. We have all been victims and perpetrators of poorly worded or expressed sentiments on the internet, especially when people from different cultural and linguistic backgrounds are interacting together.

ZachBlack000
Junior Detective

Post by ZachBlack000 »

Just for the record, I don't have a one-legged sister, or a sister named, Eileen.
It was just intended as a dad-joke.
When MajorHoy mentioned, that "he has never met my family", that's where I felt insulted.

I just want people to write their best jokes, or dad-jokes on this topic, just for some laughs.

coinilius
Detective

Post by coinilius »

Here is another list of dad jokes:

https://www.countryliving.com/life/a274 ... dad-jokes/

There's some real old ones (How do you make a tissue dance? You put a little boogie in it), and some other really groan inducing ones (What concert costs just 45 cents? 50 Cent featuring Nickelback!).

ZachBlack000
Junior Detective

Post by ZachBlack000 »

coinilius wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 4:52 pm Here is another list of dad jokes:
https://www.countryliving.com/life/a274 ... dad-jokes/
There's some real old ones (How do you make a tissue dance? You put a little boogie in it), and some other really groan inducing ones (What concert costs just 45 cents? 50 Cent featuring Nickelback!).
Thanks for the list! :D

ZachBlack000
Junior Detective

Post by ZachBlack000 »

Q: Did you hear about my friend's grandfather, who had the heart of a lion?
A: He actually did, but ended up banned for life, by the zoo, for animal-cruelty.
Last edited by ZachBlack000 on Fri Dec 18, 2020 5:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ZachBlack000
Junior Detective

Post by ZachBlack000 »

Q: Why can't dinosaurs clap?
A: Because they are dead.

ZachBlack000
Junior Detective

Post by ZachBlack000 »

Q: Did you know that graveyard are the most popular place in the world?
A: People are just "dying" to get in there.

ZachBlack000
Junior Detective

Post by ZachBlack000 »

Q: Is anyone in the audience, having a stroke, right now?
A: Just know that you will be "all-right".

ZachBlack000
Junior Detective

Post by ZachBlack000 »

Here is the video-link, where I got all of those dad-jokes, featuring SSundee and Crainer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3-0SbLrZeT8

coinilius
Detective

Post by coinilius »

In the spirit of the season, here is a link to a list of Christmas Cracker jokes that are (allegedly) actually funny:

https://www.nowtolove.com.au/christmas/ ... okes-43618

I can't guarantee that any of them are actually funny :lol: