The Steamboat Massacre

All other non-Clue/Cluedo discussion.

Moderators: Michael, BBP, Tum

CluedoKid
Con Artiste

Post by CluedoKid »

*exit's the building and wheels up beside Peters as he yanks out a red dogwood pipe*

Driven to smoke it up too, nein? Normally I am a very rational parapheligic and praying to the purple possum in the sky helps me get through my daybut at the moment, I too am tense...

Das Jabberwock
Gumshoe

Post by Das Jabberwock »

Peter stopped with the cigarette half-way to his mouth for a moment and stared at the newcomer. He was standing several inches away from the rail in a cautious or perhaps paranoid manner and looked towards the railing before speaking. "I'm afraid I'm not quite following you on the bit about purple possum, chap." As he spoke, The Russian-Brit began to wonder if this guy was serious, or smoking something other than tobacco.

NTD Mouse
Slueth

Post by NTD Mouse »

Rummaging around in her purse, Geraldine pulled out her diary and walked into the small office that came with her upgraded room, sometimes that boy did come in handy, like getting her a better suite. With careful hands Geraldine carefully unlocked her diary and opened it and carefully replaced the key. Some pages of the diary were a pale yellow from age, this had been her diary since before she was married. She had stopped writing in it but once a year now, usually a letter to her deceased husband, Howard. She didn't have the heart to take her maiden name back after he passed away over 15 years ago. Before she started writing she went into the den and fetched the bottle of Marchesi di Barolo's 1990 Dolcetto d'Alba and a wine glass from the kitchen, after uncorking the bottle she poured herself a glass then recorked the bottle and put it in the refrigerator and went back to the office and looked at her reflection in the deep purple wine it almost seemed violet. Taking a sip she started to write her letter to her husband, mentioning she was having a glass of his favorite red wine
Last edited by NTD Mouse on Tue Jun 20, 2006 6:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<.<;
;>.>

*hides crowbar*

Jay Beeskow
"Apparently, I'm most like Wadsworth."

Post by Jay Beeskow »

I've introduced a points system to the game, it's buried in the game's instructions on the first page. If you have any comments or suggestions, by all means fell free to post them!

Jay Beeskow

Post by Jay Beeskow »

Would you like to come up with some goals for yourself? Maybe you want to solve the crime? Wait, crime? There's no crime here on Josephine, everythings just peachy! How about you want to find something out about someone else? Or even get your mitts on an item in someone else's inventory? Wait, am I suggesting stealing? I suppose I am. That's a new feature. Players can now steal items out of other player's inventories. Not mine of course, I'm the Captain. But stealing can only be done when the stealee is not online and the stealer is. There's a slight catch though, if you steal there is a point deduction. You can read more about stealing on the first page. But anyway, if you want to create your own goals, send them to me via private message! You can come up with as many as you want and you can keep making them until the murder occurs. Wait, who said anything about murder? Not me, that's who.

Das Jabberwock
Gumshoe

Post by Das Jabberwock »

That ham on rye is as good as mine! XD

CluedoKid
Con Artiste

Post by CluedoKid »

but bratwurst is better

Jay Beeskow

Post by Jay Beeskow »

Das Jabberwock wrote:That ham on rye is as good as mine! XD
Get your own!

Das Jabberwock
Gumshoe

Post by Das Jabberwock »

But...! Fine. It's just ryebread, wheat's better. XD
Snubbing the ciagaretted out on the sole of his work boot, Peter had smoked more of the cigarette than he had intended to and felt what would be a headache. He finally took his leave, weirded out by Wilheim and hoping the man would not follow. For an odd reason he had the sudden urge to keep his rosary beads with him at all times now.
'What are a few wooden beads going to do? Chase away the weirdos and keep geraldine at bay?' He chided himself as he walked past the stairs and slowed the pace a bit, as if considering taking the stairs and walking to the bar on his way back to the room.

Jay Beeskow

Post by Jay Beeskow »

*Walks by eating his ham sandwich* I'm going to get another...

Kristev
Crime Writer

Post by Kristev »

The letters that Cinnamon had delivered were invitations to his room to have their fortunes told, not an attempt at blackmail or anything like that.

NTD Mouse
Slueth

Post by NTD Mouse »

Geraldine opened her purse to get her knitting only to find that silly pamphlet still in there, taped and tattered, as she pulled it out a post card fell onto the desk, reading she grew red in the face and ripped the post card into four peices and tossed it into the trashcan beside her desk.

Pulling her fountain pen from her purse she pulled a peice of stationary from the desk's drawer and started to write

Dear Creepwad,

After she wrote the letter she folded it three times and pulled an envelope out of another desk drawer and put the letter inside, she'd have Peter lick it, she hated the taste of envelope glue. On the front of the envelope she wrote Cabin 201

Das Jabberwock
Gumshoe

Post by Das Jabberwock »

Get another one then....see if I care. Roastbeef on wheat's better. :lol:
Having decided against a drink, Peter returned to his half of the suite and fell face-down on his bed with a groan. 'Perhaps I should just stay in here and hope Geraldine thinks I've died. That'd make this little trip easier.'
A pounding at the door shatetred that fragile hope as geraldine practically threw the door open and stomped in. Peter pretended to not even notice and didn't bother to get up.

NTD Mouse
Slueth

Post by NTD Mouse »

Geraldine practically thrust the envelope into Peter's face

"I hate the way the glue tastes, you close this envelope for me and deliver it to that cabin. I'll pay you fifty cents, thats how much it used to cost to pay the paper boy. It's more than enough to pay you to deliver a simple letter." Without waiting an answer she dropped the letter on the bed and left just as quickly as she had entered the room.

CluedoKid
Con Artiste

Post by CluedoKid »

Wilhelm finishes reading the letter sent from the old coot. He bends down and unscrews his hollowed out left foot, takes a tic-tac, eats it and screws his foot back on.

The possum of purple isn't pleased. I must appease him. And blackmail old lady.

he leaves the room with a whip and a postcard in his hand.

Das Jabberwock
Gumshoe

Post by Das Jabberwock »

'What am I? Your bloody personal mailcarrier now?' Peter wondered as he rolled over to look at the envelope. It was marked Room 201, and in the process of getting up and walking toward the door, he noticed yet another envelope sitting on the coffee table. Exchanging the two, he read the later note.
"A fortune..." He mused to himself lowly. He'd look into that later, after delivering Geraldine's silly little message. It was probably some goofy and sappy love-letter from one old lady to an anonymous recipiant anyways. Nothing interesting or worth reading there, so with that assumption in mind, Peter merely took the marked envelope and tucked the fold into it to avoid the taste of the glue. And spoke, mockingly in a stiff and cultured mock-British accent to the closed door Geraldine had exited. "Very well then Ms.Geraldine, I will deliver your mail with the utmost priority."
Last edited by Das Jabberwock on Wed Jun 21, 2006 11:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jay Beeskow

Post by Jay Beeskow »

I'd like to propose a possible new element to the game. The murderer will be allowed two kills per game. Meaning that there will be the initial murder that the players will be deducting and if the murderer feels that one of the other players is getting too close to solving the crime he/she can simply, well, toss them overboard.

CluedoKid
Con Artiste

Post by CluedoKid »

I trust our dear Miss Rutherford will be more tolerant in the future, eh Frau Sunshine?

Taps the woman in black and she falls over like a statue.

NTD Mouse
Slueth

Post by NTD Mouse »

I like that idea Jay, sounds great.

Geraldine walks back to her room spotting an envelope on her dresser, curiousity getting the better of her she opened it up with a letter opener and read it

"Hm, why I've never had my fortune told. I'm sure it couldn't hurt to have it told once in my life time. Why, I bet it might actually be a tad bit of fun!" Geraldine puts the letter in her purse and walks over to her vanity and takes her hat off and picks up a brush and starts brushing her hair, then opens her makeup bag she puts curlers in her hair, the humidity of the Mississippi having caused her hair to go a little flat

Jay Beeskow

Post by Jay Beeskow »

*Enters the lobby eating his sandwich, he points at Sunshine with his half-eaten sandwich in his hand* Was she in a wheelchair too? *Tosses some money on Martha* We aren't responsible. *Walks off casually. Then walks back to Martha and picks up the money he threw down*