Movie Memorabilia (as at 2021)

Looking to buy, sell or trade something Clue/Cluedo. Check here.

Moderators: Michael, BBP, Tum

Wadsworth
Suspect

Movie Memorabilia (as at 2021)

Post by Wadsworth »

Hi Michael and all,

Long time, no post. I was once a semi-regular visitor to these forums in approx. 2004-2008 when there seemed to be a fair bit of activity (buying/selling) of various pieces of Clue movie memorabilia. My relatively small Clue collection remains focused on the movie and flicking back through it brings me joy every time. After considerable effort in the 2000s, I happily got my hands on a complete US Press Kit and copies of Clue: The Novel, Clue: The Storybook, Ad Slicks and Poster. Although unrelated to the movie, I also have the complete 18-book set of Scholastic's mini-mystery series (published between 1992 and 1997).

I'm always keeping an eye out for any additional movie memorabilia I might like to add to the collection (and am generally curious to keep track of the level of interest/supply/demand) - but I have sensed things have been generally a bit quieter on this front over recent years? Would you agree? Do you think, by this point, people have generally obtained what they are after and it is less likely to see things trading hands?

On the rare occasion where an item does become available, items seem to be significantly more expensive than they were (even only 10-15 years ago). For example, I see that a copy of Clue: The Novel is currently available for sale here (https://www.etsy.com/listing/942845483/ ... rback-book) for USD$500+. I appreciate rare items increase in value - but at those sort of prices, it is hard to imagine there being much buying or selling of the movie memorabilia amongst fans/casual collectors.

Of course, if any of you do have any other movie memorabilia you'd be interested in selling, feel free to let me know - but otherwise I hope that movie fans have a collection they are pretty happy with (given what I've observed of a general lack of movement over the past few years).

Wadsworth

Cptsolo
Suspect

Re: Movie Memorabilia (as at 2021)

Post by Cptsolo »

Longtime collector and fan of the page. For some reason just now seeing that there's a forum. Definitely always looking to score movie related materials. Not much on ebay though sometimes a gem pops up. Anyway I look forward to meeting other collectors on this forum.