Clue(do) Ultimate

A place to discuss all aspects of Clue/Cluedo.

Moderators: Michael, BBP, Tum

Love,Scarlet
Suspect

Clue(do) Ultimate

Post by Love,Scarlet »

So I've had the creative juices flowing and I have some good concepts for an Ultimate version of Clue(do). It has to be amazing, a big roster, a big mansion, and a big list of weapons. It takes place in the 1930s, in New England. 24 characters/players.
The Characters (color of pawns in case of no figures)

Miss Josephine Scarlett, an American Starlet (red)
Colonel Charles Mustard, A retiring British Colonel
(yellow)
Nurse Blanche White, An American Maid (white)
Reverend John Green, A Canadian Reverend (green)
Mrs. Henrietta Peacock, an American Socialite (teal)
Professor James Plum, an Irish Professor (purple)
Dr. Yue Orchid, A Chinese-American Doctor (magenta)
Dr. Hugh Black, A British Surgeon (black)
Miss Georgia Peach, An American Southern Belle
Socialite (peach)
Monsieur Pierre Brunette, A French Airline CEO (amber)
Madame Matilda Rose, A Romanian Gypsy Fortune Teller
(pastel pink)
Captain Matthew Brown, A British Captain (chocolate)
Miss Natalya Grey, A Soviet Union Spy (light grey)
Mr. Michael Gold, An American Singer (metallic gold)
Mrs. Sarah Silver, America's Sweetheart (metallic silver)
Sergeant Wren Slate, A Welsh Sergeant (dark grey)
Madam(e) Camila Mystique, A Spanish Diplomat's Wife
(orange)
Prince Akakchi Azure, A Nigerian Prince (navy blue)
Lady Hana Lavender, A Japanese American Ambassador
(lavender)
Gardener Lee Rusty, An Irish-American Gardener
(maroon)
Inspector Florence Meadows, A British Inspector (mint)
Dr. Hans Prussian, A German Doctor (royal blue)
Lady Patricia Oakwood, A British Countess (tan)
Sir Walter Salmon, A British Banker (salmon)
Victim: Govenor Johnathan Boddy

All characters are based on pre-existing characters and the only difference between these and the ones they're based on is first name, occupation, and sometimes, last name. The notable changes are Inspector Meadows, (she is based on Mrs. Meadow-Brook as I wanted to give her a new role and background) Sergeant Slate (based on a combination of Sergeant Gray and Inspector Slate-Grey), and Sir Salmon (He is essentially Sir Peach just with a new color because I ran out of possible unique men).

Here we have the rooms, in total, we have have 28. The layout is good but still needs more development, but the board will be big or it can be smaller but the game is only played with one dice.
The first 10 are outside the mansion, but the other 18 are within.
1) Gazebo 2) Courtyard 3) Fountain 4)Carriage House
5) Stable 6) Tennis Court 7) Swimming Pool 8 ) Garden
9) Shed (new) 10) Patio 11)Hall 12) Lounge 13) Library
14) Kitchen 15) Dining Room 16) Bathroom 17) Bedroom
18) Ballroom 19) Conservatory 20) Billiard Room 21)Study 22) Pantry (new) 23)Studio 24) Trophy Room
25) Drawing Room 26) Guest Bedroom (new) 27) Cellar
28) Attic

Here we have the weapons, we have 23 in total. A good chunk of the weapons are new as most of the the pre existing weapons either dont make sense (like the bomb because in real life, it would be extremely obvious) or are essentially the same thing just with a different name.
1) Revolver 2) Knife 3) Wrench 4) Candlestick
5) Lead Pipe 6) Rope 7)Poison 8)Poker 9) Syringe
10) Axe 11) Horseshoe 12) Tennis Racquet
13) Garden Shears 14) Hammer
*here on out, all are new* 15) Umbrella 16) Shovel
17) Garrote Wire 18) Cane 19) Ice Pick 20) Razor
21) Sword 22) Stone 23) Club

The club really isnt new, its essentially the same thing as the shillelagh except it isnt specific to one region, but I thought it best under new just incase.

So, What do you think?? Does this sound like the Ultimate version of Clue(do)? I wanted to include as much content as possible that was still under control, like, not all possible playable characters are used, not all possible playable locations are used, nor all possible weapons. I also enjoyed adding some new content to fully flesh this game out where I thought it kind of lacked. I know it's hard to imagine the board in an elegant layout with that many rooms, but trust me, I think I got it, I think it'll end up with 4 passage ways in the mansion, you'll have the classic "corners to corners" and also "top to bottom" and "side to side." I know this seems like a lot, and it is, but that's what its meant to be, if you have any critiques besides the quantity, I would like to hear it, and if you have any suggestions on board size and how to make it smaller, I'm also down because I kinda thought maybe making it similar to the board from "Kill Dr. Lucky," but I'm not sure how I feel about that. Like previously mentioned, making you play with one dice and make that hallways smaller is also something I thought of. But again, please leave any suggestions, thank you.

BBP
Detective

Re: Clue(do) Ultimate

Post by BBP »

Sounds fun! Although do try to keep the playability there - we had a Cluedo game earlier this year with 15 suspects, 15 weapons and 15 rooms, and it took us months to finish, beyond the point of "I'm getting really tired of this".

I'm toying with the idea of making a "collusion" version where you can have multiple murderers and/or weapons and/or rooms (which would require a game master in real life). That would be a lot more manageable with 20 suspects than with 6.

cacums
Ringer

Post by cacums »

BBP wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 3:25 amit took us months to finish, beyond the point of "I'm getting really tired of this"
;) to be fair, we aren't all the youthful energetic kids with nothing but time like we used to be. I joined TheArtofMurder when I was 13 and am nearly 25 now. Jeeze... why did I expose myself like that (meh's it's my 11,111th post, I'm allowed).

Good work on collecting all the canon character names! I do agree though, it's far too many to play as a game. Perhaps if you do a game, we can each pick one character from the roster you've listen, and then at the end of picking, you add characters equal to half the amount of players in the game. (6 players (plus 3 extra) = 9 suspects; 8 players (+4) = 12 suspects, 10 players(+5) = 15 suspects, etc, etc)

Love,Scarlet
Suspect

Post by Love,Scarlet »

BBP wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 3:25 am Sounds fun! Although do try to keep the playability there - we had a Cluedo game earlier this year with 15 suspects, 15 weapons and 15 rooms, and it took us months to finish, beyond the point of "I'm getting really tired of this".

I'm toying with the idea of making a "collusion" version where you can have multiple murderers and/or weapons and/or rooms (which would require a game master in real life). That would be a lot more manageable with 20 suspects than with 6.
Wait what, what you mean, I was designing a fictional physical version, like if Hasbro was going to make a 100 year special edition, or maybe even a 75th anniversary, just having it be over the top and so much quantity.

Love,Scarlet
Suspect

Post by Love,Scarlet »

cacums wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 6:32 am
BBP wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 3:25 amit took us months to finish, beyond the point of "I'm getting really tired of this"
;) to be fair, we aren't all the youthful energetic kids with nothing but time like we used to be. I joined TheArtofMurder when I was 13 and am nearly 25 now. Jeeze... why did I expose myself like that (meh's it's my 11,111th post, I'm allowed).

Good work on collecting all the canon character names! I do agree though, it's far too many to play as a game. Perhaps if you do a game, we can each pick one character from the roster you've listen, and then at the end of picking, you add characters equal to half the amount of players in the game. (6 players (plus 3 extra) = 9 suspects; 8 players (+4) = 12 suspects, 10 players(+5) = 15 suspects, etc, etc)
An online version?? I never thought about that. (I'm new here, I was watching Mike's vid on MD over and over again so I joined.) Theres always the possibility that we can just max out at 12 players and the other 12 are just there. But the thought of multiple murderers (life the previous guy mentioned) crossed my mind.

BBP
Detective

Post by BBP »

Not a guy, but thanks!

Love,Scarlet
Suspect

Post by Love,Scarlet »

BBP wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 5:02 am Not a guy, but thanks!
Sry, I use guy the same way others use person, I've been slowly working on that tho