All Clue Characters with Colors

A place to discuss all aspects of Clue/Cluedo.

Moderators: Michael, BBP, Tum

Love,Scarlet
Suspect

All Clue Characters with Colors

Post by Love,Scarlet »

Hello, I have a question, what are all the characters that have colors in their name?? Obviously we have the original 6, Scarlet(t), Mustard, White, Green, Peacock, and Plum. Theres also Dr. Orchid and Dr. Black (in some cases is the same person just with a different name as Mr. Body). Then theres also Peach, Rose, Brunette, and Grey. Then theres another Lavender, The Meadow-Brooks, Rusty, and Azure (I also know of Peach and Grey). I'm not sure about anyone else, but I like to count the 10 characters from the first patented version, Black, Gold, Yellow, Brown, Plum, Green, Scarlett, White, Grey, and Silver. What are other color-based (international also) characters?? These are the only ones I know. I wanna create a version where you have all color options to play as, just, I would group all characters with the same color into one (like Grey/Gray) to simplify things, and then add 4 additional characters (I would change Rusty and White's profession) with a butler, a maid/governess, a gardener, and a cook.

Sir Shamrock
Private Eye

Re: All Clue Characters with Colors

Post by Sir Shamrock »

From the top of my head there's:
Captain Brown (Super Cluedo Challenge)
Mr. Slate-Grey
Inspector Brown (DVD)
Mr. Ashe
Commissioner Forest
Inspector Grey (Super Sleuth)
Sir Peach (Mobile)
Lady Oakwood
Dr. Prussian
Mme. Puce (Book)
Mme. Ruby (Parker Brothers Mystery Game)
General Umber
Mr. Pine
Miss Azul
Sir Lilac
Dr. Rose
Mme. Chartreuse (Puzzle)
Violet (Parody)
Cobalt
Jade
Carmine

I'm sure there's more and I'll come back later if I think of any. Hope this helps

Love,Scarlet
Suspect

Post by Love,Scarlet »

Do Mystery Game characters count as clue characters?? It confuses me, and ok, thank you

cacums
Ringer

Post by cacums »

I've also been torn as to whether or not the Mystery Game's characters count as Clue cannon. I'd say they so simply because of the blatantly obvious nature of the game.

Love,Scarlet
Suspect

Post by Love,Scarlet »

That's fair, another question, are the MURDER! patent characters counted, I count them because I want to keep the originals around whilst adding more

Murder by Death
Forensics Supervisor

Post by Murder by Death »

Love,Scarlet wrote: Sat Nov 24, 2018 10:14 am That's fair, another question, are the MURDER! patent characters counted, I count them because I want to keep the originals around whilst adding more
It depends on what you mean by Canon. Some would say canon is only board games published by Hasbro or its predecessors, not including books, puzzles, movies, TV, or even card games, or non-traditional board games and video games. In that pure sense, the Patent filing could be construed as a “published” edition by the original creator ... and who knows how many such games Pratt created and played and/or gave to friends before selling it?

But around here I think we include it all. Or make your own criteria to suit yourself. Basically anything formally licensed to carry the Clue/do name. Then again, there’s so many really good inspired games and characters created on this forum which might be worthy of inclusion.

If you’re looking for international names, this is a good resource, which also introduce a few new colors. Michael’s site also has a number of foreign editions with completely different character names.

https://www.cluedofan.com/foreign.htm

Love,Scarlet
Suspect

Post by Love,Scarlet »

Oh, I'm new to the website, I kept watching Michael's video on clue master detective, wat are some fan created characters. The biggest reason I love clue is a love a decent size roster with all quality picks. I'm thinking of maybe a roster of 23 or 25 (including the victim). So far, I've gotten Scarlet, White, Peacock, Orchid, Peach, Rose and/or Lavender, Meadow, Mustard, Green, Plum, Black, Brown, Gray, Azure, and Rusty. I'm trying to make the colors easily distinguishable.

Murder by Death
Forensics Supervisor

Post by Murder by Death »

There’s a lot to explore on these threads. Here’s one link to an article attempting to compile canon:

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=5254

Love,Scarlet
Suspect

Post by Love,Scarlet »

Thank you, this list is exactly what I wanted, thanks