Cluedo: One Long Night - Interactive Forum Game

A place to discuss all aspects of Clue/Cluedo.

Moderators: Michael, BBP, Tum

Zoo977
Master Detective

Post by Zoo977 »

"Well, then, maybe you'd listen to Inspector Fuschia?" You say as you straighten your back.

"Rosa, what are you saying?"

"It's not Rosa! My name is Rosalind Fuschia, and I'm here with the police. I've been with them the whole time I've worked here! Something mighty suspicious has been going on here for a while, and now that someone's dead, I'm working with the sergeant on this investigation. I need your full-"

Mrs. Peacock lets out a giggle. "Rosa, you've told some tall tales, but this truly takes the cake. That's about as believable as..."

"...Mrs. White being a lawyer?" You pull out the will you found stashed in Mrs. Whites room.

As you pass it to Rosemary, Mrs. White tries to interject. Mrs. Peacock grabs it out of your hands quickly, and starts perusing it.

Mrs. White's face doesn't change, but her eyes reflect total terror. You've worked with her long enough to notice the subtle changes in her expressions.

"... ...Mrs. White?"

"Mrs. Rosemary?"

"Would you care to give an explanation?"

"I got this." You say as you break up the two. "Mrs. White here's the only one who knew about the will. And listen to this! '...And while I am eternally grateful to whomever likely killed me off, I must set aside my fortune for the one person who I love the most.' Mrs. White's been with him for years, and she isn't getting anything! Moreover, if she could find these two 'keys to his fortune', she's get millions! You had tons of reason to want Boddy dead!"

"Two keys...? Is that why..."

"And YOU, Mrs. P!" You say, dramatically pointing at her. 'But I cannot decide between the two loves of my life.' You weren't his one and only, you were just part of a dalliance! You had even MORE reason to want him dead, didn't you?!"

"HOLD IT!"

All three of you turn to face Professor Plum.

"Uh... *ahem* Sergeant Grey isn't with the police. Don't... don't lie to them, Rosa!"

"Fine. Lemme put this bluntly - I can keep all these motives a secret from everyone else, if you can just tell me who ML and OO are."

There's a pause.

"Well, ML is completely irrelevant to what happened. She's just a friend of the family. Maria Liverwurst is a wonderful lady, but she's completely senile. She's too weak to commit murder, and she isn't allowed to leave the retirement home she lives in. Don't bother with her.

OO could be... A Lady Olivia Oakwood? All you need know is that she isn't in the area. She couldn't have committed this crime, either."

"Well, Miss Scarlet has a cigarette case with her initials on them. And Maria's hankie!"

"M- muh- my lovely wife didn't steal anything b-big! She was just a pickpocket!"

Well, maybe Scarlet did just have her cigarette case, but you get the sneaking suspicion there's more to this Olivia lady than meets the eye. You decide to make note of her.

There's long pause.

"Well." Mrs. P finally says. "I suppose that's all."

>Look/Examine
>Search
>Take
>Talk
>Use inventory item
>Move (Billiard Room / Kitchen / Hall)
>Other
Stop winking at me, you oversexed Frenchman!

ClueLover98
Slueth

Post by ClueLover98 »

Talk to Green and Peach, think of their motives.

Zoo977
Master Detective

Post by Zoo977 »

You open your mouth to speak, but can't really think of what to say. You feel like accusing them of having motives... but you can't think of what they might be. Maybe you should come back after doing some more investigating... or at the very least, when you have something specific to talk about.

>Look/Examine
>Search
>Take
>Talk
>Use inventory item
>Other

ClueLover98
Slueth

Post by ClueLover98 »

Examine the teacups and ask if anyone wants tea.

(P.S. Can we kill suspects? Also, Peacock was with Green, not Peach, and White was with Peach not Green.)

Zoo977
Master Detective

Post by Zoo977 »

Rosa has done a lot wrong. Like, tons wrong. Like, innumerable, horrifyingly massive, nearly incomprehensable numbers of things wrong, and has almost amassed enough sins as would be nessecary to doom the entirety of humanity to eternal damnation, but she is not a murderer. (And I just swapped the pairs around since they were in the same rooms.)

"So! Anyone want tea?" You say, trying to avert the entire topic of conversation.

"Do not touch my good tea set." Mrs. White growls. She doesn't bother to hide any of her unbridled anger in her voice.

Mrs. White's nice teapot is pretty much the only thing in this house you aren't allowed to touch, ever since the incident. The same thing goes for the grandfather clock. And the candlesticks. And the billiard room vase. And the chandeliers.

You know, maybe you should just say you aren't allowed to touch anything breakable or valuable. That would probably be more concise.

>Look/Examine
>Search
>Take
>Talk
>Use inventory item
>Other

ClueLover98
Slueth

Post by ClueLover98 »

Repeatedly poke Peach in the stomach to annoy her. Threaten her and try to find a motive. But first, tell Mrs. Peacock to leave to the kitchen. If she doesn't leave, then don't poke Peach.

Zoo977
Master Detective

Post by Zoo977 »

"Uh, Mrs. P, I need to talk to Miss Peach in private."

"Well, it's going to have to wait. We're in the middle of a conversation."

She turns back to face Miss Peach. You notice that Mrs. P is holding a figurine.

The figurine appears to be a porcelain ballerina, in a purple gown with a single pearl embedded in the center. Mrs. Peacock gingerly touches it, as she tells Miss Peach, "He only gave this to me this morning... I had no idea it would be the last thing he'd give me..."

Crap. Your technique of poking people to get information is usually foolproof!

>Look/Examine
>Search
>Take
>Talk
>Use inventory item
>Other

ClueLover98
Slueth

Post by ClueLover98 »

Talk to Green. Ask him how long he's been with Scarlet and if she had made any enemies.

Zoo977
Master Detective

Post by Zoo977 »

"Um, I'm sorry about your loss, Mister Green, but can I ask you a question about Miss Scarlet?"

You hold the hankie out to him, momentarily forgetting it was caked in blood. He thankfully doesn't notice, and waves it away.

"I- just I can't get this h-happening!" He putters out. "Who w-would have wanted to k-k-kill her?"

"You don't know if anyone would have wanted to?"

"No! Everyone l-loved Liona! I loved her more... but everyone else loved her too!"

"How long have you known her, anyways?"

"W-we met three years ago..."

Jesus. Your longest relationship was only two weeks long, and that was with that one book series.

"I just- I just- I don't know who would have done this!"

>Look/Examine
>Search
>Take
>Talk
>Use inventory item
>Other

Black
Bindle Stiff

Post by Black »

Mr. Green - was your father and Miss Scarlet ever alone in the same room?

Zoo977
Master Detective

Post by Zoo977 »

"So... how well did your dad and Scarlet get along?"

"Uh- uh, he said he didn't- he didn't want me to marry her."

"I can confirm that. Dear Florian simply refused to give them his blessing."

"I- I mean, he liked Leona! He liked her! He- he thought she would be bad for me? Maybe?"

"He 'liked' her, huh? Did he ever... you know...?"

"No... No! No, no no!"

"Well, was he ever alone with her?"

"Only to talk with her! He- he- h-h-h-he-"

"Forrest, don't worry. I'll handle this from here."

She clears her throat. "Leona has spent time alone with my husband. But I can assure you, he didn't make any advances on her. I don't let anything get past me, especially not little harlots."

"Then I guess you can tell me who killed Boddy? Or Scarlet?"

Old Rosie gets ready to yell at you, but stops short of saying anything. Evidently, she can't come up with a comeback.

>Look/Examine
>Search
>Take
>Talk
>Use inventory item
>Other

ClueLover98
Slueth

Post by ClueLover98 »

Talk to White about her involvement with the will.

Zoo977
Master Detective

Post by Zoo977 »

"And back to the meat of things..." You pull out the will, and hold it out to Mrs. White. "Come on, tell us what's going on!"

Mrs. White's shoulders visibly stiffen. "I was a wills and estate lawyer before Mister Florian hired me some years ago."

"Why did you become a maid? Granted, there isn't any shame in maids work, but the pay must have been significantly better."

"Malpractice accusations."
She states with here head turned away from the rest of the guests. "I was accused of editing wills posthumously. I had no option but to close."

"But to maid work? Not to other legal practices?"

"I'm an old lady, Mrs. Rosemary. Stress isn't good for me. I'm guaranteed shelter here. That's all I need."

"Kay, that's cute and all, but what about these 'keys to the fortune'? You know what those are?"

She turns away again.

"And this 'human abbatoire' line? You agreed to that?"

She stays silent for a while. She finally says, "I am in to position to debate my employers. There are a number of things you never knew about the man, Miss Rosa. The same is true for you, Mrs. Rosemary."

"Such as?"

"...

...Just as I keep your confidences, I will keep Mister Florian's. Even in death."

She turns her back to you both.

>Look/Examine
>Search
>Take
>Talk
>Use inventory item
>Other

TheBilliardRoom
Detective

Post by TheBilliardRoom »

Loudly exclaim, "Objection!" Then, while everyone is distracted, take out the Revolver and threaten Mrs. White...

Or, if we can't do that, then take out the feather duster instead and threaten to tickle her.

:?

Zoo977
Master Detective

Post by Zoo977 »

As you finger the revolver, you consider your options. Yes, Mrs. White would probably agree to help if you pointed a gun at her crumpled face. But then again, that woman could probably crush you between her pinky and her ring finger. Oh, and two people are dead. Might not look good to try and shoot someone with witnesses around.

You instead opt to smack her in the head with your feather duster.

"...Miss. Rosa."

You move to clutch your trusty duster like a baseball bat. Plum and Peach back away slowly, while Green can only look on in horror.

"The hеll is it with you and all this 'con-fe-dan-ces' stuff? You aren't like this! You know everything about everyone!"

"Rosa Maria Chiffon!" For once, you ignore Rosie.

"Your boss is dead! Miss Scarlet is dead! And my gossip circle is dying for something juicy! Now you tell me or I'll whap you into next week!"

"Do you hear me, Miss Chiffon?!"

"I'll tickle your arms off! I'll cram this right-"

"That's ENOUGH!"

Mrs. Peacock stands square between the two of you. Her arms and legs are jutted out, as though she was ready to strike or jump at a moments notice. She takes your momentary shock to grab your duster, and pry the top of it from your grip. You maintain your death grip on the handle.

"This is UNCALLED for! UNPRECEDENTED! Absolutely unbelievable behavior! You've disobeyed my orders, ignored the Sergeant, and made an absolute mockery of this mansion! You can be assured we will be having a very long talk about your occupation later."

She turns to face Mrs. White, letting go of your duster.

"And YOU, Maple! As much as I hate to say it, she is correct! Someone is dead! I think some information about the victim would be quite VITAL, thank you very much!"

Mrs. White faces the window for a very long time.

"...Mister Boddy has an obsession with murder."

"Sorry?"

"Gore, rather. He's ill, Mrs. Rosemary."

"Elaborate."

"The books of surgical diagrams and photos were not old heirlooms, and the anatomical diagrams on his shelf are not holdovers from college, Mrs. Rosemary. He loved gore. I've used his laptop before. What I saw could easily traumatize."

Mrs. Peacock has begun to go pale. She steps back a bit.

"The DVD collections in his room are just the cases of innocent movies with other discs inside. They're snuff films. Mass murder. Gang shootings. Autopsies. Torture scene. He loves death. He treats murder like casual entertainment. This abattoir passage didn't surprise me. In his minds eye, to be murdered was a good thing. That passage was his own gruesome way of trying to make us happy."

Mrs. White turns back to face you. "That is all."

Mrs. Peacock looks physically ill. "Forrest, come with me." Rosie grabs Green by the arm, and drags him out of the room.

"We're all going to die here, aren't we..."

>Look/Examine
>Search
>Take
>Talk
>Use inventory item
>Other

Black
Bindle Stiff

Post by Black »

Maybe it's best if we stick with Mrs. White from now on.

Zoo977
Master Detective

Post by Zoo977 »

"Yo, Rosie. I think we should stick together. Uh... I'm pretty sure I won't die if you're with me."

Mrs. White glares at you. She must not have forgiven you for whapping her over the head.

"Eh... If I can say something? I'm the only person here Miss Peach is familiar with. It might be better for her."

"Miss Rosa just assaulted me, Mister Oliver."

"Oh... This never going to work out!"

"I'm fine with whatever." You admit. The two turn to face Miss Peach, and whisper among themselves for a minute. Mrs. White eventually walks towards you begrudgingly. Guess you got your wish after all... for better or for worse.

>Look/Examine
>Search
>Take
>Talk
>Use inventory item
>Other

ClueLover98
Slueth

Post by ClueLover98 »

Eavesdrop on Peach and Plum's conversation.

Zoo977
Master Detective

Post by Zoo977 »

As much as the two of you get on each other's nerves, Maple and you have one code you always abide by - the aphid code. The ultimate tool for whenever the two of you are feeling like snooping around. Perfect for when Peacock is trying to discuss wages behind your backs. And the one arrangement you two have promised to never break.

"Maple, you're good with plants and stuff, right? I think there were some 'aphids' on those tiny roses in the conservatory. Should we go 'check it out'?"

"Oh no, aphids? Let me see them."

After putting your duster down on the table, the two of you leave into the hall... leaving the door to the dining room open just a tad, of course. Once you are both in the hall, you both press your ears to the cracked door.

"Oh... The conservatory? I was in there 'fore the announcement. Were you ever in there? Because I could'a sworn I heard something like footsteps from the far wall! The one that doesn't have a door?"

"Footsteps? Uh... Do you know if there's a patio outside?"

"It weren't that! It's eigthteen degrees, and the fogs thick as pea soup! Ain't no one would walk outside. It sounded like it was... echoing on stone!"

Plum says nothing for a while. You take a peek through the door. Miss Peach frowns slightly, and starts biting her nails.

"Y'know... I told that pink maid we were together all evening. Could you... tell her that too?"

"You lied to her?"

"You trust me, don't you? It'll look good for the both'a us!"

Plum, once again, says nothing.

"Fine." She sighs. "Now, you promised I could see your annotations on Flowers of Illustrious Poets, and I saw you had it with you! I need help on that paper!"

"You can't just pay your way through my classes, Amberlyn."

"Maybe mister Benjamin and his friends couldn't help convince you?"
She reaches into her handbag.

Suddenly, you realize how precariously you were standing, and tumblr forward, pushing the dining room door wide open! Peachy pulls her hand out of her purse.

"Stars and garters! Y'all alright?"

"I said you put it down here, Miss Rosa." She fibs on the spot. "Don't run so fast next time. You may get hurt."

>Look/Examine
>Search
>Take
>Talk
>Use inventory item
>Other

ClueLover98
Slueth

Post by ClueLover98 »

Slap Peach for lying to us (or me, technically).