Cluedo: One Long Night - Interactive Forum Game

A place to discuss all aspects of Clue/Cluedo.

Moderators: Michael, BBP, Tum

Post Reply
User avatar
Zoo977
Master Detective
Posts: 1661
Joined: Sat Jan 08, 2011 9:48 am

Post by Zoo977 »

"Okay, move your nethers! We gotta talk!" You grab Miss Peach and Mister Green violently by the arms, and drag them into the dining room.

Image

When you push the two of them into the room, everyone turns to face you. Mrs. Peacock and Professor Plum look particularly shocked.

Image

"W-w-what is this ab-about?" The lizard spits out.

"I'mma be upfront with you all. See, Mister Boddy was kind of decapitated earlier..."

You hear a few audible gasps, from Colonel Mustard and Mrs. Peacock specifically. Before you can say anything, Mrs. Peacock screams at you.

Image

"We agreed NOT to discuss that. What do you have to say?!"

Image

"We would find out eventually, Mrs. Rosemary."

Image

"Oh, no... Oh no, oh no, oh no..."

Image

"I'll be damned..."

Image

"Mmmmmm.... No..."

Sergeant Grey interrupts everyone.

Image

"This is a serious situation, everyone! We-"

"You shut your yapper! I've been through more than you have!"


Colonel Mustard trudges out of his seat. He slowly walks to the back wall in total silence, and finally clears his throat.

Image

"Two of us are already dead, and more of us are probably going to die. If you can't handle that, you're welcome to swim your way to shore, but those currents are too strong. Any pansy аss that can't handle a little blood aint going to survive! Who here's keeping themselves together?!"

Grey, Peacock, Plum, White and yourself all cautiously step towards him

"Fine! You come with me, Sergeant. You all choose who's going to protect THESE fairies!" He says as he points his finger at Mr. Green and Miss Peach. " You're strong, Maple. What'll you do?"

"I'll stay with Miss Peach."


He turns to face you, grimacing with his already disgusting face. "Well, girlie, you're turn. You look a little weak for my liking... Who do you want to escort you around?"

You take a brief pause to think, and he shouts, "THIS YEAR, GIRLIE!" right in your face. Without thinking, you shout...

>"...Professor Plum"
>"...Mister Green"
>"...Mrs Peacock"
>"...My lord and savior, Jesus"
>Other
Stop winking at me, you oversexed Frenchman!

ClueLover98
Slueth
Posts: 290
Joined: Tue Aug 18, 2015 5:02 pm
Location: In the Conservatory with the Candlestick

Post by ClueLover98 »

Grudgingly go towards Professor Plum and stick your tongue at the Colonel.

User avatar
Zoo977
Master Detective
Posts: 1661
Joined: Sat Jan 08, 2011 9:48 am

Post by Zoo977 »

You stick your tongue out and blow a raspberry at the colonel in the least subtle way you can muster up, before going to join the professor. He doesn't react.

Image

"...And I will stay with Forrest here. Sergeant, would you mind if we...?"

Image

"He lost his woman. Give him a minute to breath!"

"...My thoughts exactly, Colonel." She leaves through the billiards room with a now trembling Mr. Green. Colonel Mustard walks up to Sergeant Grey and begins lecturing him on how to 'lead a group like a man.' Mrs. White gently pats Miss Peach on the shoulders with one of her elephantesque hands.

Image

"Oh, ah... was that nessecary?" He asks. His voice echos more lost nights of sleep than those gargantuan bags under his eyes.

Image

>Look/Examine
>Search
>Take
>Talk
>Use inventory item
>Move (Billiard Room / Kitchen / Hall)
>Other
Stop winking at me, you oversexed Frenchman!

ClueLover98
Slueth
Posts: 290
Joined: Tue Aug 18, 2015 5:02 pm
Location: In the Conservatory with the Candlestick

Post by ClueLover98 »

Talk to Le Professor. Ask him who he thinks the killer is.

User avatar
Zoo977
Master Detective
Posts: 1661
Joined: Sat Jan 08, 2011 9:48 am

Post by Zoo977 »

"So... Who d'you think did it?" You ask, absolutely seeping sleaze.

Image

"Um... Why are you asking? Don't you think that's a dangerous question?"

"Just asking..."

He glances sidelong at the room, then leans in slightly towards you. "I wanted to say Miss Scarlet, but, uh... I think it could have been Mrs. White. She's the maid, uh, right?"

You glare at him.

Image

>Look/Examine
>Search
>Take
>Talk
>Use inventory item
>Move (Billiard Room / Kitchen / Hall)
>Other
Stop winking at me, you oversexed Frenchman!

TheBilliardRoom
Detective
Posts: 820
Joined: Fri Nov 07, 2008 6:12 am
Location: Australia

Post by TheBilliardRoom »

Drag Professor Plum out into the hall

User avatar
Zoo977
Master Detective
Posts: 1661
Joined: Sat Jan 08, 2011 9:48 am

Post by Zoo977 »

Plum immediately moves over to the body.

"Good god..." he mumbles.

Image

>Look/Examine
>Search
>Take
>Talk
>Use inventory item
>Move (Downstairs / Winter bedroom / Autumn bedroom / Kitchen / Dining Room / Billiard Room / Study / Lounge / Library / Ballroom / Conservatory / Powder room)
>Other
Stop winking at me, you oversexed Frenchman!

Black
Bindle Stiff
Posts: 6369
Joined: Tue Mar 10, 2009 4:04 pm
Location: In the Billiard Rm with the Wrench

Post by Black »

Ask the professor what would be the best course of action.

User avatar
Zoo977
Master Detective
Posts: 1661
Joined: Sat Jan 08, 2011 9:48 am

Post by Zoo977 »

Image

Plum lets out a long breath. "I'm too tired to be doing this... If we have Miss Scarlet's body, we could search it? Did the murderer leave some incriminating clue? Uh... ooh boy, I'm having trouble thinking straight..."

Image

>Look/Examine
>Search
>Take
>Talk
>Use inventory item
>Move (Downstairs / Winter bedroom / Autumn bedroom / Kitchen / Dining Room / Billiard Room / Study / Lounge / Library / Ballroom / Conservatory / Powder room)
>Other
Stop winking at me, you oversexed Frenchman!

TheBilliardRoom
Detective
Posts: 820
Joined: Fri Nov 07, 2008 6:12 am
Location: Australia

Post by TheBilliardRoom »

Search the body, then.

User avatar
Zoo977
Master Detective
Posts: 1661
Joined: Sat Jan 08, 2011 9:48 am

Post by Zoo977 »

You pull back the bedsheet once again.

Image

Clearly, she's been bludgeoned to death. She appears to have been hit multiple times, although you can't really make out a shape for the weapon. She's been hit all over her body, as bruises and small wounds litter her arms and legs. Given how she died, the amount of blood seems very off - there should definitely be more. Maybe she was dragged here? With the way her hair and dress have fallen... The east wing? Maybe the library or lounge?

The gold chain from her necklace is clutched tightly in her left hand, but the pendant is missing. Struggle as you might, rigor mortis has already set in. You aren't getting that chain any time soon. A purse she definitely didn't have before has been left by her body.

>Examine
>Search
>Take
>Cover her corpse
>Other
Stop winking at me, you oversexed Frenchman!

ClueLover98
Slueth
Posts: 290
Joined: Tue Aug 18, 2015 5:02 pm
Location: In the Conservatory with the Candlestick

Post by ClueLover98 »

Rummage through the purse.

User avatar
Zoo977
Master Detective
Posts: 1661
Joined: Sat Jan 08, 2011 9:48 am

Post by Zoo977 »

As you flip the latch on her purse, you notice two tears on the bottom and side of the cloth. Whataver made them appears to be a bladed instrument... ten or eleven inches long? Something like that. You dump all the contents on the hall floor.

Image

Among her possessions are a bizarre brass key, a phone with 'Meadow-Brook' etched onto the back, a cigarette case bearing the initials 'OO', and a disposable cigarette lighter bearing the symbol for tauros, even though that girl is DEFINITELY a gemini. Of course, your attention is drawn to the revolver bearing Mr. Boddy's initials and the bloodied hankie embroidered with 'ML'...

>Examine
>Search
>Take
>Cover her corpse
>Other
Stop winking at me, you oversexed Frenchman!

ClueLover98
Slueth
Posts: 290
Joined: Tue Aug 18, 2015 5:02 pm
Location: In the Conservatory with the Candlestick

Post by ClueLover98 »

Ask the professor who's purse he thinks it is.

(P.S. Is it safe to tell other suspects who you think commited the crime? Also, is it possible for Rosa to get killed?)

User avatar
Zoo977
Master Detective
Posts: 1661
Joined: Sat Jan 08, 2011 9:48 am

Post by Zoo977 »

No, Rosa can't die, but treating some of the other suspects poorly may have it's consequences. Again, your actions are gonna effect how the others act, so it's all up to you guys.

_____________________________________________________________________

"You know who's purse this is?"

Image

"Did she...? Yes, this is Miss Scarlet's purse. I saw her with it earlier."

Now that you look at it, the purse matched the red color of her dress eerily well. Her mental instability wasn't the only insane thing about her!

Image

>Examine
>Search
>Take
>Cover her corpse
>Other
Stop winking at me, you oversexed Frenchman!

ClueLover98
Slueth
Posts: 290
Joined: Tue Aug 18, 2015 5:02 pm
Location: In the Conservatory with the Candlestick

Post by ClueLover98 »

Ask Plum if anyone he knows of has the same initials of "OO, or ML".

User avatar
Zoo977
Master Detective
Posts: 1661
Joined: Sat Jan 08, 2011 9:48 am

Post by Zoo977 »

"Hey, we have someinitials on these things. You know anyone with the initials OO or ML?"

Image

"'OO'... 'ML'... Uh, sorry, I don't know the family. I'm just here for the evening."

"Eh, alright."

Image

>Examine
>Search
>Take
>Cover her corpse
>Other
Stop winking at me, you oversexed Frenchman!

ClueLover98
Slueth
Posts: 290
Joined: Tue Aug 18, 2015 5:02 pm
Location: In the Conservatory with the Candlestick

Post by ClueLover98 »

Run to the Dining Room and see if anyone is there. If so, show them the purse and ask them if they know of anyone with the initials of 'ML' or 'OO'

User avatar
Zoo977
Master Detective
Posts: 1661
Joined: Sat Jan 08, 2011 9:48 am

Post by Zoo977 »

You decide it would be best to leave the purse where it is... but you're more than willing to help yourself to all the prizes inside!

Image

The cigarette holder is very intricate - it must be made of silver! Clearly, this belonged to someone with quite a bit of money!

Image

Okay, this key is just stupid. There are two of the little prong things on the end? And they form a right angle? You feel like you've seen a keyhole this would fit in... but you can't recall where. The handle bears a flower motif and the letter "C."

Image

It's a lighter. It's cheap and boring.

Image

You don't know what for, but it's nice to have her phone with you. Maybe you could get some info out of it? Although it's only a maybe at this point.

Image

This looks like it was used to clean the blood off of a blade, given the pattern it forms. It's all dried up and crusty. Otherwise, it's a very silky soft hankie. "ML" is embroidered onto it.

Image

You've seen this gun before. Boddy keeps it on the mantle in his room! It's in perfect working condition... but there's a bit of dust in the barrel, and all six bullets are present. Clearly, this wasn't used to kill Boddy.

Image

"That isn't legal."

"Hеll, neither is murder, but that didn't stop anybody here!" You say. "Come on, follow me." You tightly grip his arm and drag him back into the dining room.

Image

Mister Green and Mrs. Peacock have returned, while Mustard and Grey have left. Mrs. Peacock is holding a figurine and speaking to Miss Peach. Mister Green is being comforted by Mrs. White.

"Okay, I've got another question for y'alls! You guys know anyone with the initials ML or OO?"

Before anyone can respond, Mrs. P comes up to you. Again.

Image

"We specifically said NOT to mention my husband's death to anyone! Why would you do that?!"

You don't respond.

"Your attitude is one thing, but completely disobeying orders is another entirely! You are treading on thin ice as is. I don't want to be forced to fire you!"

Image

"We haven't kept any secrets, Miss Chiffon. Now is not the time to pry into family matters."

"So ML and OO are family?"

There's a pause.

"We haven't kept any secrets." She reiterates.

"Not quite. You didn't mention one very big detail to me..." you think.

>Look/Examine
>Search
>Take
>Talk
>Use inventory item
>Move (Billiard Room / Kitchen / Hall)
>Other
Stop winking at me, you oversexed Frenchman!

ClueLover98
Slueth
Posts: 290
Joined: Tue Aug 18, 2015 5:02 pm
Location: In the Conservatory with the Candlestick

Post by ClueLover98 »

Tell Mrs. Peacock that you need to know this information, as you are a secret agent with the same employer as Sergeant Grey and that you are the police, so you must know the truth.

Post Reply