Cluedo: One Long Night - Interactive Forum Game

A place to discuss all aspects of Clue/Cluedo.

Moderators: Michael, BBP, Tum

Zoo977
Master Detective

Post by Zoo977 »

When you open the door, you immediately see Mrs. White walking towards the stairs, holding a spare white bedsheet in her arms.

"You were in my bedroom for fifteen minutes," she growls.

You make the sign of the cross on your chest. It was nice to be alive.

"We don't have any time to argue."

After that vague sentance, she rushes up the stairs. You're stunned you're still healthy. What's she doing with that sheet?

>Look/Examine
>Search
>Take
>Use inventory item
>Move (Your room / Mrs. White's room / Upstairs)
>Other
Stop winking at me, you oversexed Frenchman!

Black
Bindle Stiff

Post by Black »

Examine the dumbwaiter???

Zoo977
Master Detective

Post by Zoo977 »

Inside a recess in the wall is the house fuse box. Everything appears to be working fine in all of the rooms. Sometimes, if you're bored, you'll turn off the electricity to the lounge and see how long it takes Mrs. P to notice. She still hasn't caught on yet, thankfully.

>Look/Examine
>Search
>Take
>Use inventory item
>Other

Black
Bindle Stiff

Post by Black »

This is a really big long shot, but is it possible to climb up the laundry shoot?

Zoo977
Master Detective

Post by Zoo977 »

That chute is barely enough for Mr. Boddy's head! Granted, it would be fun to climb up that thing, but even if you could, you'd just end up back in the master bathroom. And you don't want to bother washing corpse fluids out of your uniform. That's not gonna get you anywhere.

>Look/Examine
>Search
>Take
>Use inventory item
>Other

Zoo977
Master Detective

Post by Zoo977 »

Okay, since none of y'alls have added any commands, and you were all literally one action command away from getting to the good part, I'mma just go ahead and perform the obvious action at this point. I don't know what his me recently, but I've just been in this massive art block recently, so I'm putting off the board game for just a short while. Please be patient with me!

Zoo977
Master Detective

Post by Zoo977 »

After going through with your little flights of fancy, you remember seeing Mrs. White rushing somewhere with a white bedsheet for no reason. Wasn't Mrs. Peacock's room clean, and wasn't Boddy's room locked? There isn't a secret bedroom for guests upstairs, is there? You tip toe up the stairs, hoping she doesn't notice you.

Oh. OH. Um. Well, then.

Mrs. White is straightening the spare bedsheet around something that looks distressingly like a rather short person lying on the ground. The colonel, sergeant, professor, and of course, Mrs. P are all standing around the sheet. You notice a couple of people are missing...

>Look/Examine
>Search
>Take
>Talk
>Use inventory item
>Move (Downstairs / Winter bedroom / Autumn bedroom / Kitchen / Dining Room / Billiard Room / Study / Lounge / Library / Ballroom / Conservatory / Powder room)
>Other

Black
Bindle Stiff

Post by Black »

Try this - go to the Study and try Ember as the computer password.

Zoo977
Master Detective

Post by Zoo977 »

You tiptoe around whoever must have passed out drunk on the floor, and head towards the study. When you open, You notice Green and Peach are in the middle of a conversation.

"She- buh- fuh- huh? I- I- I- Buh... Wha?" Green screams, looking and sounding much like a very startled lizard.

Miss Peach says nothing, only following his lizardly dash into the hall. Her skins gone a deathly shade of pale, and she covers her mouth as though in disgust.

Well, that was... strange. You quickly type "Ember" into the password box, combo breaking the game entirely. But instead of being logged in, you get an odd error message.

How arbitrary!

>Look/Examine
>Search
>Take
>Use inventory item
>Move (Billiard Room / Hall)
>Other

cacums
Ringer

Post by cacums »

Move to Billiard Room

Zoo977
Master Detective

Post by Zoo977 »

For once, no one's in the billiard room. You can hear some mumbling coming from the dining room, and Mr. Green's stuttering from the central hall.

>Look/Examine
>Search
>Take
>Use inventory item
>Move (Study / Dining Room / Hall)
>Other

ClueLover98
Slueth

Post by ClueLover98 »

Enter the dining room!

Zoo977
Master Detective

Post by Zoo977 »

(Welcome to the forum, ClueLover98!)

Everyone stops talking when you enter the room. Grey speaks up immediately.

"Good, sit down. Let's begin."

You sit down at the end of the table. Grey clears his throat.

"We all know what's going on here. Someone is dead, and only one of us could have killed him."

"Hold yer horses! You were her as long as any of us! You're just as suspicious-"

"Colonel." Mrs. Peacock states, the passive agression seeping through her clearly fake smile.

"That sergeant kid was-"

"LIONEL!"

Colonel Mustard immediately stops talking. Mrs. P turned to face the sergeant. He starts talking once again.

"I'll be talking to all of you individually. If you need to move anywhere, move in pairs. Maid girl."

He must have been indicating you with the last line. He leads you into the kitchen. You can hear conversation start up again when you leave.

"Now, tell me your actions. Where were you all day? What have you been doing since finding Mr. Boddy's head?"

>Give him an honest answer and cooperate completely
>Refuse to say anything
>Lie and say you were tidying around the house
>Hit on him uncomfortably
>Other

ClueLover98
Slueth

Post by ClueLover98 »

Give Grey an honest answer, but only if he tells you all the clues he knows. Also, no matter the circumstances, ask what the bedsheet scene in the Hall was about.

Zoo977
Master Detective

Post by Zoo977 »

"Well... I guess I COULD tell you what I know..." You start off saying

"But?"

"Quid Pro Quo, Sergeant. You gimme a little something something, I'll give you your info. You're not the only one trying to figure out what happened, you know," you say grinning ear to ear.

"You were snooping around. Is that what you mean?"

"Uh uh! If you want details..."

"We haven't had time to investigate further yet. Mister Boddy was not seen by anyone in the manor after Mrs. Peacock left to boat to the dock and pick up the other guests. His body is likely in his bedroom, but the doors are blocked from the inside. As well, no one can provide an alibi for where they were all evening.

...Not including you. You're free of suspicion."

"So... We need to figure out who killed him, where, and with what?"

He grunts in approval. You proceed to give him unnecessary details about all the nothing you've encountered so far... conveniently leaving out the bit about Mrs. White's signature on the will, of course.

"...So I waddled on into the dining room, and you pulled me in here, and there you go."

"Hmm." he grunts once again. He says nothing, but clearly appreciated the help.

"So! Now I have to know... The bedsheet in the hall?"

"Hm?!"

"You said his corpse hasn't been found yet, right? So what's with the person under the cloth in the hall? Did someone pass out drunk?" You're almost phoning up that gossip hound Meadow-Brook lady already.

There's a long pause. Flynt removes his sunglasses dramatically, revealing a gorgeous baby-blue right eye. His left eye sits slightly askew and faded, clearly having lost its functionality and begun atrophying years ago. A single, unbroken scar through said eye gives an idea of what may have happened to it.

"No one else knows what happened to Mr. Boddy yet, Rose.

...Miss Scarlet was found bludgeoned to death. Mrs. White wanted us to cover the body."

You're left speechless momentarily. While you take the information in, Grey enters the dining room again. He couldn't have been serious... right?

>Look/Examine
>Search
>Take
>Use inventory item
>Move (Dining Room / Hall)
>Other

ClueLover98
Slueth

Post by ClueLover98 »

Go to the Hall and see if Scarlet's corpse still remains there. Also, try to find Green.

Zoo977
Master Detective

Post by Zoo977 »

Completely ignoring Grey's suggestion to stay in pairs, you leave into the hall.

Miss Scarlet lay motionless under the bedsheet still. Miss Peach and Mr. Green are currently standing next to the body. Green is glaring at the body with his mouth open in shock, looking very much like a lizard who just found out his fiance was bludgeoned to death.

>Look/Examine
>Search
>Take
>Talk
>Use inventory item
>Move (Downstairs / Winter bedroom / Autumn bedroom / Kitchen / Dining Room / Billiard Room / Study / Lounge / Library / Ballroom / Conservatory / Powder room)
>Other

TheBilliardRoom
Detective

Post by TheBilliardRoom »

Assume it's some kind of prank and pull the sheet back ^_^

Zoo977
Master Detective

Post by Zoo977 »

"Okay, I see what's going on here. Y'all thing I'm too stupid to tell apart an actual living person and a corpse."

"Eh... Bu- bu- huh?"

"Scarlet's still alive. You aren't gonna trick me. See, look..."

Well then.

You don't think it's possible to cram your foot down your own throat fast enough.

>Examine
>Search
>Cover her corpse
>Other

ClueLover98
Slueth

Post by ClueLover98 »

Bring Green and Peach into the Dining Room, and tell them that you are to make an announcement. Then, once we are at the Dining Room, reveal that Boddy is dead.