Cluedo: One Long Night - Interactive Forum Game

A place to discuss all aspects of Clue/Cluedo.

Moderators: Michael, BBP, Tum

Post Reply
User avatar
Zoo977
Master Detective
Posts: 1921
Joined: Sat Jan 08, 2011 9:48 am

Post by Zoo977 »

Image

When you enter the hall, you notice Sergeant Grey closing the basement door. Miss Scarlet and Miss Peach seems to be giggling. You hear Miss Peach say 'come on, tell me...!' Or something of that nature.

Image

Dear Mrs. Peacock's interior designer,
Why.

>Look/Examine
>Search
>Take
>Use inventory item
>Move (Master Bathroom / Hall)
>Other
Stop winking at me, you oversexed Frenchman!

Black
Bindle Stiff
Posts: 6422
Joined: Tue Mar 10, 2009 4:04 pm
Location: In the Billiard Rm with the Wrench

Post by Black »

Move to the master

User avatar
Zoo977
Master Detective
Posts: 1921
Joined: Sat Jan 08, 2011 9:48 am

Post by Zoo977 »

Image

Mrs. Peacock never bothered with redoing the bath, so it's still ugly as sin. As much as you hate to say it, this could use a little MORE of her horrible decorating ideas.

You immediately try fidgeting with the door to Boddy's room, but to no avail. It's clearly barred as well.

>Look/Examine
>Search
>Take
>Use inventory item
>Move (Master Bathroom / Hall)
>Other
Stop winking at me, you oversexed Frenchman!

Black
Bindle Stiff
Posts: 6422
Joined: Tue Mar 10, 2009 4:04 pm
Location: In the Billiard Rm with the Wrench

Post by Black »

Go back to the hall again.

User avatar
Zoo977
Master Detective
Posts: 1921
Joined: Sat Jan 08, 2011 9:48 am

Post by Zoo977 »

Image

You scuttle back through Mrs. P's room. To your ceaseless and incredible surprise, nothing has changed in those last two seconds.

Image

You can hear a door close somewhere in the manor... but you're not sure where. It must have been Miss Scarlet, given how she's suddenly gone. Miss Peach is all alone again.

>Look/Examine
>Search
>Take
>Talk
>Use inventory item
>Move (Downstairs / Winter bedroom / Kitchen / Dining Room / Billiard Room / Study / Lounge / Library / Ballroom / Conservatory / Powder room)
>Other
Stop winking at me, you oversexed Frenchman!

Black
Bindle Stiff
Posts: 6422
Joined: Tue Mar 10, 2009 4:04 pm
Location: In the Billiard Rm with the Wrench

Post by Black »

Go to Powder Room

User avatar
Zoo977
Master Detective
Posts: 1921
Joined: Sat Jan 08, 2011 9:48 am

Post by Zoo977 »

Image

You like this little powder room. It's not over decorated, not under decorated, it's juuuuust right. It's easy to clean, and nothing in here is really anything you could accidentally hurt yourself with, which is very important given that you work here. An embroidered burgundy hand towel is above the sink. Mrs. Peacock put another... what was it? "Pine-tree effervescence" or whatever? She put a candle that smells like one of those on the toilet again. Man, Mrs. P and her fеtish for scented candles...

>Look/Examine
>Search
>Take
>Use inventory item
>Move (Hall)
>Other
Stop winking at me, you oversexed Frenchman!

Black
Bindle Stiff
Posts: 6422
Joined: Tue Mar 10, 2009 4:04 pm
Location: In the Billiard Rm with the Wrench

Post by Black »

Search the cupboards

User avatar
Zoo977
Master Detective
Posts: 1921
Joined: Sat Jan 08, 2011 9:48 am

Post by Zoo977 »

Unlike the kitchen sink, all that's in these cupboards is an uninspired pipe running back into the house. A single lonely cobweb spider gently weaves itself a home down here. You like checking in on it form time to time. It's like a pet to you. You should really come up with a name for it at some point. Maybe Charlotte. Maybe Legs.

Image

>Look/Examine
>Search
>Take
>Use inventory item
>Move (Hall)
>Other
Stop winking at me, you oversexed Frenchman!

Black
Bindle Stiff
Posts: 6422
Joined: Tue Mar 10, 2009 4:04 pm
Location: In the Billiard Rm with the Wrench

Post by Black »

I think I just worked out what to do - return to the room we started in. Sorry, I forgot the name.

User avatar
Zoo977
Master Detective
Posts: 1921
Joined: Sat Jan 08, 2011 9:48 am

Post by Zoo977 »

Image

When you enter the central hall, Miss Peach is still alone. Shes walking slowly towards one of the rooms in the west wing... maybe the library again?

Image

Hello, what's this? Mrs. White and Sergeant Grey, arguing over an official looking piece of paper?

Image

"This is your name on here, isn't it?

Mrs. White grunts in response.

"I need more than mumbling!" He screams. "Give me a sentance! A statment, an analogy, an audible phrase! Something!"

Mrs. White suddenly notices you hovering on the stairs. She directs Grey into the utility room. You hear the door lock behind them.

Image

>Look/Examine
>Search
>Take
>Use inventory item
>Move (Your room / Mrs. White's room / Upstairs)
>Other
Last edited by Zoo977 on Sat Jul 11, 2015 4:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Stop winking at me, you oversexed Frenchman!

Black
Bindle Stiff
Posts: 6422
Joined: Tue Mar 10, 2009 4:04 pm
Location: In the Billiard Rm with the Wrench

Post by Black »

Put your ear to the utility room door - listen to the conversation

User avatar
Zoo977
Master Detective
Posts: 1921
Joined: Sat Jan 08, 2011 9:48 am

Post by Zoo977 »

In a move not at all alien to you, you press your ear against the door. Thankfully, the two don't seem to notice.

Image

"...I keep his will safe." Mrs. White says in her deep, husky voice. Even if she wasn't over seven feet tall and built like an ox, that voice alone would be enough to bring any man to their knees. "Mr. Boddy expects me to keep certain things secret. The will is always in my second drawer."

Image

"And who are the heirs?" After hearing Mrs. White's growling, the good sergeant sounds like a chipmunk on helium.

There's a pause. Aw, no. They're whispering! Just as they got to the good part!

Image

>Look/Examine
>Search
>Take
>Use inventory item
>Move (Your room / Mrs. White's room / Upstairs)
>Other
Last edited by Zoo977 on Sat Jul 11, 2015 4:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Stop winking at me, you oversexed Frenchman!

Black
Bindle Stiff
Posts: 6422
Joined: Tue Mar 10, 2009 4:04 pm
Location: In the Billiard Rm with the Wrench

Post by Black »

Go to Mrs. White's room

User avatar
Zoo977
Master Detective
Posts: 1921
Joined: Sat Jan 08, 2011 9:48 am

Post by Zoo977 »

Image

As you sneak into her bedroom, you lock the door behind you. Given the tiny size of the space, Mrs. White's made it surprisingly homey. Everything's decorated in light purples and lavenders, and the carpet and bed sheets are very soft and pillow-like. Of course, she only invites you in once in a blue moon. Maybe it has to do with you sneaking into her bedroom to snoop through her stuff.

You hear the utility room door open. Let's pray she's not coming in here any time soon.

>Look/Examine
>Search
>Take
>Use inventory item
>Move (Cellar)
>Other
Stop winking at me, you oversexed Frenchman!

Black
Bindle Stiff
Posts: 6422
Joined: Tue Mar 10, 2009 4:04 pm
Location: In the Billiard Rm with the Wrench

Post by Black »

Open the second draw and take the will.

User avatar
Zoo977
Master Detective
Posts: 1921
Joined: Sat Jan 08, 2011 9:48 am

Post by Zoo977 »

Where is it?! you rummage through the second drawer... Then the first.. then both drawers again... Did someone take it?!

...Your attention then shifts to the manila envelope on the table of drawers with 'Will' conspicuously scribbled on it in Mrs. White's distinctive penmanship. You push a leather bound journal out of the way, flip the will open, and start reading it over.

Image

...

...

After spending about ten minutes translating all the legalese, you come across an interesting tidbit.
  • ...And while I am eternally grateful to whomever likely killed me off, I must set aside my fortune for the one person who I love the most. But I cannot decide between the two loves of my life. To resolve this, both of my loves have already recieved one of the two keys to my fortune.

    I know you all hate one another, despise one another, hate each and every one of these people present at this reading with every ounce of every atom of your being. I leave the keys with them so one or both of them are killed off, along with any of the other heirs present. My final request is you turn my house into a human abattoir.
That passage is eventually closed with Boddy's distinctive, overly flourished signature. Wait... There's no way it's right, but the lawyer's signature looks almost like... Mrs. White's!

Image

>Look/Examine
>Search
>Take
>Use inventory item
>Move (Cellar)
>Other
Stop winking at me, you oversexed Frenchman!

Black
Bindle Stiff
Posts: 6422
Joined: Tue Mar 10, 2009 4:04 pm
Location: In the Billiard Rm with the Wrench

Post by Black »

Look at the picture on the desk

User avatar
Zoo977
Master Detective
Posts: 1921
Joined: Sat Jan 08, 2011 9:48 am

Post by Zoo977 »

The picture shows a young woman wearing a wedding gown, standing next to a man with Mrs. White's massive build in a tux. Mrs. White said this is a picture of her parents, you think. You can even see a bit of a baby bump through the faded ink. How precious!

Image

>Look/Examine
>Search
>Take
>Use inventory item
>Move (Cellar)
>Other
Stop winking at me, you oversexed Frenchman!

Black
Bindle Stiff
Posts: 6422
Joined: Tue Mar 10, 2009 4:04 pm
Location: In the Billiard Rm with the Wrench

Post by Black »

go back to the cellar

Post Reply