Cluedo: One Long Night - Interactive Forum Game

A place to discuss all aspects of Clue/Cluedo.

Moderators: Michael, BBP, Tum

Zoo977
Master Detective

Post by Zoo977 »

(I should probably note that I'm not forgetting to update this - There's just been a lot going on in my personal life, and I simply haven't felt as up to updating this as I usually do. I'll put up a proper update here tomorrow, promise. Just don't be too surprised if I'm not super good about responses. Very sorry!)
Stop winking at me, you oversexed Frenchman!

ClueLover98
Slueth

Post by ClueLover98 »

Yes! It's still being continued!

Zoo977
Master Detective

Post by Zoo977 »

"You chocolate frosted bit�hmuffin!"

As you rush up towards Miss Peach, Plum sidesteps. Miss Peach immediately resumes biting her nails.

"E-eh?!"

"'Plum and me came together on the boat, and spent the whole evening together! Gawds honest!' Don't make me laugh, we could hear you from the other end of the house!"

"But we were... *sigh* I guess I shouldn't lie... no point now.

Amberlyn is clearly trying her hardest to look at everything but you.

"So tell me, can you gimme an honest answer out of those adorable lips, Joana LumLIE? Or do you need to LIE down on it and think it over? Maybe have a nice glass of LIEmade?"

Just as you go to backhand her into next century, Mrs. White places one of her hulking hands on your shoulder.

"You wouldn't happen to have any proof she did anything wrong while she wasn't with the professor?" She growls at you.

"Uh..."

Her point made perfectly clear, she crosses her arms again. Miss Peach says nothing. Guess you'll need something more substantial than nothing.

>Look/Examine
>Search
>Take
>Talk
>Use inventory item
>Move (Billiard Room / Kitchen / Hall)
>Other
Last edited by Zoo977 on Sun Sep 06, 2015 9:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

cluedoking123
Senior Detective
Location: Behind you with the candlestick...don't turn around

Post by cluedoking123 »

omg! Joanna LumLIE is my favorite thing!
IT'S ALL TOO SHOCKING!

ClueLover98
Slueth

Post by ClueLover98 »

Say you need some "brain food" to "give some assistance" to "someone" and drag Plum along to the Kitchen.

Zoo977
Master Detective

Post by Zoo977 »

"Professor, I need some 'brain food,' if you know what I mean. I need to give 'someone' some assistance. Come on."

You grab hi by the arm and walk into the kitchen. Mrs. White stays behind to comfort Miss Peach.

"That was... very extreme, Rosa."

>Look/Examine
>Search
>Take
>Talk
>Use inventory item
>Move (Dining Room / Hall)
>Other

ClueLover98
Slueth

Post by ClueLover98 »

"Look" for "brain food". Raid the fridge and take anything that isn't food!

Zoo977
Master Detective

Post by Zoo977 »

"Professor, let's get to searching!"

"For... what?"

"I dunno. Things! And stuff!"

You immediately get to the fridge, and start looking for anything non edible. Mrs. White has a bunch of her really, really good, like just the best, most well crafted dishes you have ever had the pleasure of merely existing near dishes sitting in the fridge, but nothing looks out of the ordinary. You take to the cupboards, and find a bunch of cookery tools and such you can't really logically carry with you. Just before you give up, you take a quick look under the sink.

Jeez, the sink's leaking again? That thing's never worked! Aside from the one leaky pipe, some dish soaps and surface cleaners are cluttered under the garbage disposal. A flyswatter and a roll of paper towels are under the other bit of piping. As much as you'd like to have an adventure game protagonist's ability to carry everything everywhere, you only have so much space in your apron. Maybe you need to make some decisions.

>Look/Examine
>Search
>Take
>Talk
>Use inventory item
>Move (Dining Room / Hall)
>Other

ClueLover98
Slueth

Post by ClueLover98 »

Take the Flyswatter and go to the Hall.

Zoo977
Master Detective

Post by Zoo977 »

Lightweight, small, and a very effective thing to smack people in their dumb faces with. You put it down your apron pockets.

And now you're back in here with the Professor. You seem to have just missed seeing Mrs. Peacock, but you know she's the only person likely to have left into the lounge. Plum stands over the body.

>Look/Examine
>Search
>Take
>Talk
>Use inventory item
>Move (Downstairs / Winter bedroom / Autumn bedroom / Kitchen / Dining Room / Billiard Room / Study / Lounge / Library / Ballroom / Conservatory / Powder room)
>Other

WarnerPlum
Chopper Squad
Location: Sitting in my dusty bedroom in the United Kingdom - now where was that broom...

Post by WarnerPlum »

Go to the conservatory
"Caveat emptor, Plum: let the buyer beware."
"No, Boddy... YOU beware."
~ Blackmail!

Zoo977
Master Detective

Post by Zoo977 »

Nothing seems to have changed in here. Plum immediately tries to pour himself a cup of tea, to no avail.

>Look/Examine
>Search
>Take
>Talk
>Use inventory item
>Move (Ballroom / Hall)
>Other

TheBilliardRoom
Detective

Post by TheBilliardRoom »

Look at the tea set

Zoo977
Master Detective

Post by Zoo977 »

It's a hand-crafted gold-tone tea set Mrs. P got from some Amish market years ago. This is the teapot she uses daily, not that fancy china mess in the dining room. The inside is stained slightly by a bit of oolong. To be honest, you never understood why she would have you make tea so often if she scarcely drinks it. Maybe she just has you brew it to make the room smell nice.

Regardless, the tea set is both pretty and pretty useless. There's nothing of real note regarding it.

>Look/Examine
>Search
>Take
>Talk
>Use inventory item
>Move (Ballroom / Hall)
>Other

ClueLover98
Slueth

Post by ClueLover98 »

Search through the Conservatory cupboard and then look for Sergeant Grey.

Zoo977
Master Detective

Post by Zoo977 »

It's not quite a cupboard, but a grandfather clock instead. It does have a shelf inside that's always empty, which never made sense to you, because, well...

Well, look at that keyhole! What is that? What's the purpose? To be special and hip with your key design? Isn't the point of a key having one prong so it can be thin and portable? Why? Why is this keyhole even a thing?

You're tempted to try and go find Sergeant Grey and report a crime against furniture design, but you have no idea where to look. You don't have a ton of time to look, you know - You'll have to have somewhere specific in mind to look.

>Look/Examine
>Search
>Take
>Talk
>Use inventory item
>Move (Ballroom / Hall)
>Other

TheBilliardRoom
Detective

Post by TheBilliardRoom »

Try using the floral key on the keyhole...?

Zoo977
Master Detective

Post by Zoo977 »

There's a C for conservatory, a flower as a decoration, and it's the only key you've ever seen that could fit that keyhole. There's no doubt - this must be what this unlocks. Of course, you don't understand why Boddy would lock a shelf in a grandfather clock if it's completely empty...

Gingerly, you twist the key in the lock, and here a faint click. You pull on the door... and it's still locked. What? You tug again, this time harder. And again, this time with every ounce of your strength. Nope. Lord knows why you want to get into an empty set of shelves so bad, but you had to lug this extravegant mess of a brass key everywhere, and you deserve your reward!

In fact, you're so upset by not being able to open the cabinet that you barely even notice that part of the far wall swung open...

>Look/Examine
>Search
>Take
>Talk
>Use inventory item
>Move (Ballroom / Hall / Behind the wall)
>Other

WarnerPlum
Chopper Squad
Location: Sitting in my dusty bedroom in the United Kingdom - now where was that broom...

Post by WarnerPlum »

Notice the wall.
"Caveat emptor, Plum: let the buyer beware."
"No, Boddy... YOU beware."
~ Blackmail!

Zoo977
Master Detective

Post by Zoo977 »

No wonder the far wall doesn't have any windows - it doesn't look outside! This false wall appears to just be on a hinge mechanism. There's a small hallway hidden by it. And I mean very small; maybe two feet wide? There aren't any lights in it, so you have no idea where it might lead.

A secret passage in Boddy manor... who would've thought?

>Look/Examine
>Search
>Take
>Talk
>Use inventory item
>Move (Ballroom / Hall / Secret Passage)
>Other