Character Repository

A place to discuss all aspects of Clue/Cluedo.

Moderators: Michael, BBP, Tum

Zoo977
Master Detective

Re: Character Repository

Post by Zoo977 »

I like the Mobil Mysyeru additions, a very bizarre moment in clue history. I actually had an old board game idea I rediscovered recently that uses Peach and Oakwood. Hopefully I’ll remember to post it when I get home.
Stop winking at me, you oversexed Frenchman!

Jonathan Green
Master Detective

Post by Jonathan Green »

I picture Lady Oakwood as Mr. Boddy’s cousin (her aunt was Dr. Black’s wife Rose) and Dr. Prussian as a psychologist (like Julia Kell of Fatal Illusions).

coinilius
Detective

Re: Re:

Post by coinilius »

Elrond wrote: Sat Jan 02, 2021 2:43 pm
coinilius wrote: Sat Jan 02, 2021 9:09 am
About Sir Peach - since he's a 'sir' his first name should be Peach, which is a little weird. I originally looked at having him be tied to Miss Peach, with him bringing her along as his 'niece' when they were really trying to scam Mr Boddy, but then decided to separate them. Now I have him as just an 'entourage' member who hangs around and sponges money from his boarding school friend.
Good call! I had no idea. But I've never thought of Peach as a first name. Weird.

In my mind, he is now Sir Giusi Peach, perhaps a half Italian painter...
Yeah, I doubt the people who made the Mobile Mystery promotion gave it much thought either :lol:

It's much more likely as a last name, or a girl's first name, but it's not impossible that he got saddled with it by imaginative parents. I also considered it could be a nickname - his real name could be Persica or something like that, or else one that stuck from his boarding school day... maybe best not to ask the origins of that one :oops:

While on the subject of Peaches, I've been toying around with the idea of Mademoiselle Pêche as a separate character to Miss Peach - from the VHS game, where Peach is revealed to be Monsieur Brunette's adopted daughter. I've always felt like that version of the character could be developed further.
Last edited by coinilius on Mon Jan 04, 2021 7:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

coinilius
Detective

Post by coinilius »

Jonathan Green wrote: Sat Jan 02, 2021 4:06 pm I picture Lady Oakwood as Mr. Boddy’s cousin (her aunt was Dr. Black’s wife Rose) and Dr. Prussian as a psychologist (like Julia Kell of Fatal Illusions).
I was thinking cousin as well at one point, and still think they are probably distantly related but not enough to stop people from talking about the possibility of an affair between them (these rich families are all interconnected, after all). I was going for a 'Camilla Parker-Bowles' vibe with Lady Oakwood, with possible hints that she is gay or bisexual as well.

There's something about Dr Prussian's character artwork that makes me picture him with a half empty bottle of whiskey in one hand a glass in the other - he gives off a dishevelled vibe, IMO, which is easy to extrapolate into the 'washed up drunk doctor' trope.
Last edited by coinilius on Mon Jan 04, 2021 7:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

coinilius
Detective

Post by coinilius »

Zoo977 wrote: Sat Jan 02, 2021 3:47 pm I like the Mobil Mysyeru additions, a very bizarre moment in clue history. I actually had an old board game idea I rediscovered recently that uses Peach and Oakwood. Hopefully I’ll remember to post it when I get home.
Please do - I love the Mobile Mystery characters and enjoy seeing them get used!

coinilius
Detective

Post by coinilius »

It's much more likely as a last name, or a girl's first name, but it's not impossible that he got saddled with it by imaginative parents. I also considered it could be a nickname - his real name could be Persica or something like that, or else one that stuck from his boarding school day... maybe best not to ask the origins of that one :oops:
I'm thinking of going with the Sir Peach/Miss Peach connection - even though it breaks the traditions of how the title of 'Sir' is used, I don't think it really matters that much - I could always add a first name before Peach anyway when rendering his name.

Miss Georgia Peach: A southern belle who was introduced to Mr Boddy as the step-niece of his former boarding school alumni, Sir Rochester Peach. Miss Georgia Peach claims to on an extended holiday in the country, visiting relatives (though when pressed for details on where she is from and how exactly she is related to Sir Peach, the two are quick to change the subject). Mr Boddy was immediately drawn in her southern charms, but is this sweet fruit actually a deadly honeytrap?