Clue: The Murderer

A place to discuss all aspects of Clue/Cluedo.

Moderators: Michael, BBP, Tum

CluedoKid
Con Artiste

Re: Clue: The Murderer

Post by CluedoKid »

Thanks! :)

Jonathan Green
Master Detective

Post by Jonathan Green »

May I ask, where’s Master Navy’s parents?
“Really Plum?!” - Mr. Green (Clue VCR, 1985)
IG:https://www.instagram.com/david_rodriguez_art/?hl=en

CluedoKid
Con Artiste

Post by CluedoKid »

Dead, hence Burgundy is his godmother.

Zoo977
Master Detective

Post by Zoo977 »

Extremely impressed. My more specific thoughts:
  • Your interpretations of the original six are fantastic. Mrs. White and Miss Scarlet especially, look perfect in my minds eye
  • God, I wish you'd posted that bluebell earlier, I would've put that in my diary with the sprite :D
  • Navy's anatomy looks kinda squashed to me. I'm having trouble putting a word to what, but he needs a second go around
  • Certainly an interesting new Ms. Mango. With how much I wrote Dr. Mandarin as silly, it's a bit jarring to see a more sinister adaptation
  • of course you worked in the titanic again you NERD : P
  • Emerald using the blowhorn is fun, and Gules' pose and palette are great
  • Normally I don't like Mrs. Meadowbrook, but this more portly version with the firey red hair is really nice. You did a good job differentiating her from Mme. Puce, who fits a similar description.
  • I have no idea what I think of Oakwood's dress but it sure is a dress!!!
  • Mme. Chartreuse is definitely my favorite image of the crew. The pose, colors, details, everything works perfectly for me. Something about her looks very French Carribean, am I off the mark?
  • I'm kind of surprised that. Mlle. Carbon doesn't just have Yvette's face
  • I didn't want to say anything based on the sprites but this art cinches it Sr. Cereza and Cedro are 70s pоrn stars okay. He is a poolboy there's absolutely a saucy bass line that plays when the two chat at the pool and Cereza falls in, requiring him to remove his drenched, heavy clothes I'm sorry but these twinks absolutely have an onlyfans
Stop winking at me, you oversexed Frenchman!

ClueLover98
Slueth

Post by ClueLover98 »

Zoo977 wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 7:52 pm [*]I didn't want to say anything based on the sprites but this art cinches it Sr. Cereza and Cedro are 70s pоrn stars okay. He is a poolboy there's absolutely a saucy bass line that plays when the two chat at the pool and Cereza falls in, requiring him to remove his drenched, heavy clothes I'm sorry but these twinks absolutely have an onlyfans[/list]

Your comment could only get a 4 out of 5, as it was not necessary. Your comment, unlike Sr. Cereza and Cedro, was THIK.

Black
Bindle Stiff

Post by Black »

Mrs. Meadow-Brook and Capt. Brown in a "relationship" (Courting to be exact) - Nice one Cluedokid, never in a million years would I have thought of that combo and I like it.

Speaking of the lady, I'm interested to know Zoo's reason for disliking her. I personally don't like her because no matter how many times I play SFX, she is rarely the killer :(

Would the suspects be similar to the weapons in that they can full under multiple categories? For example. Nurse Bluebell. She is under the family but because she works for the family, she could also be considered staff.

CluedoKid
Con Artiste

Post by CluedoKid »

Zoo977 wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 7:52 pm Extremely impressed. My more specific thoughts:
  • Your interpretations of the original six are fantastic. Mrs. White and Miss Scarlet especially, look perfect in my minds eye
  • God, I wish you'd posted that bluebell earlier, I would've put that in my diary with the sprite :D
  • Navy's anatomy looks kinda squashed to me. I'm having trouble putting a word to what, but he needs a second go around
  • Certainly an interesting new Ms. Mango. With how much I wrote Dr. Mandarin as silly, it's a bit jarring to see a more sinister adaptation
  • of course you worked in the titanic again you NERD : P
  • Emerald using the blowhorn is fun, and Gules' pose and palette are great
  • Normally I don't like Mrs. Meadowbrook, but this more portly version with the firey red hair is really nice. You did a good job differentiating her from Mme. Puce, who fits a similar description.
  • I have no idea what I think of Oakwood's dress but it sure is a dress!!!
  • Mme. Chartreuse is definitely my favorite image of the crew. The pose, colors, details, everything works perfectly for me. Something about her looks very French Carribean, am I off the mark?
  • I'm kind of surprised that. Mlle. Carbon doesn't just have Yvette's face
  • I didn't want to say anything based on the sprites but this art cinches it Sr. Cereza and Cedro are 70s pоrn stars okay. He is a poolboy there's absolutely a saucy bass line that plays when the two chat at the pool and Cereza falls in, requiring him to remove his drenched, heavy clothes I'm sorry but these twinks absolutely have an onlyfans

Thanks!

Yes, Madam Chartreuse is from Martinique, so she has a bit of that. As for Carbon, yes she's Yvette inspired, but I didn't want to totally copy Colleen Camp just to have that. With Navy, yeah, like the rest, they are initial concept drawings, some elements may change when it comes to card-making, and I feel there's something off with him too, but will get resolved for the final.
And yes, Black seems to hire some rather endowed staff. :)
Would the suspects be similar to the weapons in that they can full under multiple categories? For example. Nurse Bluebell. She is under the family but because she works for the family, she could also be considered staff.
Yes, there are some cross-overs, like Silver is a royal too, and Dr. Prussian and Dr. Orchid technically fits in with the intellectual crowd, but I don't think this will have an effect on gameplay.

Zoo977
Master Detective

Post by Zoo977 »

CluedoKid wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 12:13 pmAs for Carbon, yes she's Yvette inspired, but I didn't want to totally copy Colleen Camp just to have that. With Navy, yeah, like the rest, they are initial concept drawings, some elements may change when it comes to card-making, and I feel there's something off with him too, but will get resolved for the final.
Don’t worry, all these Yvette jokes are more silly than anything, I understand
And truly, this is just a concept work? If so it’s incredibly detailed concept work. The finished work is going to be exciting, I can tell!
Black wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 8:02 amSpeaking of the lady, I'm interested to know Zoo's reason for disliking her. I personally don't like her because no matter how many times I play SFX, she is rarely the killer :(
That’s a fantastic question. I’d actually be happy to answer, it’s just going to be a long answer. So as to not clog this art chat with an unrelated issue, I’m gonna put it in the character repository, where it’s more appropriate.

CluedoKid
Con Artiste

Post by CluedoKid »

I've started working on the courtyard gate - I'm mostly going to be showcasing developments on Patreon, but I'll show this initial design here, with Lady Oakwood (and the croquet mallet) to scale.

coinilius
Detective

Post by coinilius »

The gate in the green background actually makes for a striking, minimalist image - I could see something like that as a box design for a Clue game

Zoo977
Master Detective

Post by Zoo977 »

Out of curiosity, did you zoom in on it at some stage? The line seem to get thicker in strange places.

CluedoKid
Con Artiste

Post by CluedoKid »

The gate was resized. I had it smaller out of practical consideration, and then wanted it to dwarf the pawns. On the gatework, I like the resizing, it looks like seed pods on vines.

Zoo977
Master Detective

Post by Zoo977 »

It's one thing to have varying thicknesses in the wire frame itself, I think that can absolutely work fine.

I dunno if it's the artist in me, but it comes across as very clearly not symmetrical, in a way it's clearly not supposed to be. The detailing at the top must have been gorgeous, but the scaling seems to have made the "B" motif hard to discern and messy looking. The scaling artifacts absolutely did a number on the lanterns.

If I were you, I'd use this upscaled version as a base for size reference, and give it another go. It may add intriguing smaller details, but the important details got a beating.

Out of curiosity, do you have the unscaled version? It look like it was what... 3/4ths the size, maybe?

CluedoKid
Con Artiste

Post by CluedoKid »

I think just the lamps need to have the original smoothness restored. I have a pic of the unscaled version somewhere.

coinilius
Detective

Post by coinilius »

I think it’s mostly on the lamps that you need to have another pass and restore the original - you can get away with the extra details on the frame work of the gate.

CluedoKid
Con Artiste

Post by CluedoKid »

I did have a go cleaning up the artefacts left by the resizing.

Zoo977
Master Detective

Post by Zoo977 »

Definitely a big improvement on the larger details.
I think that if you liked the way the scaling made it look, adding varied thickness to this cleaned up version could be a fantastic touch. My only real suggestion would be to make the “B” emblem more prominent somehow

Black
Bindle Stiff

Post by Black »

Looks brilliant and I agree with Zoo about the B - I'll admit that when I saw the letter, it looks more like an R

CluedoKid
Con Artiste

Post by CluedoKid »

The B's been fixed.

ClueLover98
Slueth

Post by ClueLover98 »

You mentioned that only one floor/area of the mansion would be suspected at a time, and that there would be a similar mechanic for the weapons (by type). Was there the same mechanic for the suspects or are all 50 under suspicion?