New Clue Games Coming

A place to discuss all aspects of Clue/Cluedo.

Moderators: Michael, BBP, Tum

Murder by Death
Forensics Supervisor

New Clue Games Coming

Post by Murder by Death »

Well, the toy fair is under way, and USA-poorly has announced some new Clue Games. Can't wait to see what template they use for them ...

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/usaopo ... 2013-02-09

Clue�: The Big Bang TheorySheldon has been betrayed! Upon discovery of the inconsiderate and heinous deed, Sheldon sequesters six suspects and demands justice in this all-new Who, What, Where edition of the Classic Mystery Game. Fans will especially appreciate the six custom items involved in the "act of betrayal: " Equation Board, Damaged Comic, Laptop, Sheldon's Couch, Sheldon's Toothbrush, and Dismantled Shelbot. Ages 9+. Available to retailers: Late Spring 2013. Suggested Retail $39.95

Frostbyte
Slueth

Post by Frostbyte »

This was also listed:

CLUE�: Dungeons and DragonsAvailable to retailers: Spring 2013. SRP $39.95

I wonder if it's a reprint, or a new design from the ground up.

A Touch of Murder
Snoop

Post by A Touch of Murder »

Sounds horrible. I hate "Big Bang Theory" as a show. Im sure Id loathe it as a Clue game!

What is with all these ridiculous Clue spin-offs? Why not do one that is actually appropriate for a murder mystery spin or at least the right amount of male/female characters?

Frostbyte
Slueth

Post by Frostbyte »

Or at least base them off current shows that are about murder mysteries, like Castle.

Frostbyte
Slueth

Post by Frostbyte »

I'm not sure what to make of this. The image has a "Prototype" watermark across it, but I'm curious to know if this mockup was made by USAopoly, or the website selling it here:

http://westfieldcomics.com/comic-books/ ... e/13021184

Thoughts?

cluedoking123
Senior Detective
Location: Behind you with the candlestick...don't turn around

Post by cluedoking123 »

Frostbyte wrote:I'm not sure what to make of this. The image has a "Prototype" watermark across it, but I'm curious to know if this mockup was made by USAopoly, or the website selling it here:

http://westfieldcomics.com/comic-books/ ... e/13021184

Thoughts?
crap, I hope its like old dungeons and draongs clue and not like our new "reinvention"
IT'S ALL TOO SHOCKING!

Murder by Death
Forensics Supervisor

Black
Bindle Stiff

Post by Black »

I really like the look of the Space Invaders and the Pac-Man stuff but I'm not bothered about the Clue game.

WarnerPlum
Chopper Squad
Location: Sitting in my dusty bedroom in the United Kingdom - now where was that broom...

Re: New Clue Games Coming

Post by WarnerPlum »

Murder by Death wrote:Sheldon has been betrayed!
I'll bet he has! What's Jenny done to turn him down this time?
"Caveat emptor, Plum: let the buyer beware."
"No, Boddy... YOU beware."
~ Blackmail!

Murder by Death
Forensics Supervisor

cluedoking123 wrote: crap, I hope its like old dungeons and draongs clue and not like our new "reinvention"
Note the box cover art -- it's using the new "Classic Mystery Game" tag and the red "U" logo design. That's NOT re-invention.

My guess is that it will use the same limited card set and 2 player options as TCMG. It already uses only six weapons, so that's a good sign it won't be going back to the reinvention, with its ridiculous "special power" and "clock" cards.

Now, what I am really curious about is whether they will use the new TCMG layout, i.e. adjoining rooms with a central starting/finishing area, which neither the Sherlock or London editions of Cluedo TCMG did, or whether it will be the classic layout which they did use.

In the case of D&D, I imagine the same room art could be adapted to TCMG board design. On the other hand, several of the rooms would have to be substantially reconfigured to fit the new adjoining room design. A straight re-issue would make the most sense, despite going back to the classi format. The real question there is ... Do people really still play D&D? I mean enough to be interested in a themed Clue game of it?

ProfessorPlum54
Special Investigator

Post by ProfessorPlum54 »

And here is a pic of the Big Bang Theory Clue, along with Power Rangers Trivial Pursuit and Monopoly :p

http://www.geekexchange.com/toy-fair-20 ... er-rangers
Green - "If he was such a patriotic American, why didn't he just report us to the authorities?"
Wadsworth - "He decided to put his information to good use and make a little money out of it. What can be more American than that?"