About the CD-Is of Clue(do)...

A place to discuss all aspects of Clue/Cluedo.

Moderators: Michael, BBP, Tum

Suspect

About the CD-Is of Clue(do)...

Post by 1341 »

Hello :)

Joined this site to query as to whether it's possible for me to view room scenes/suspect statements from the CD-I versions of Clue(do).

At cluedofan.com there are clips of The Butler introducing all the cases, so I'm assuming it's possible to convert from CD-I to PC.

If one has a CD-I disc then maybe you could copy all the files onto your PC/laptop into a folder (or alternative). That folder could be uploaded onto a share site and then I could download from it and try to create files that I could share (unless one knows how to convert CD-I material to PC and therefore be able to create stuff).

I'm really curious about those mysteries that weren't on the CD-ROM version: The Hooded Madonna, Happy Ever After and Not In My Backyard.

BBP
Detective

Post by BBP »

EDIT: Your wish is my command:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EiJGxAdc ... tube_gdata

Sure! My CD-i is currently hooked up. Recording from it is a drag though. I have the full intention of making a Cluedo? playable on YouTube, but right now I doubt whether our PC would be up to that.

It would be hard to upload them all though, since there are 4 different endings to each game, and that usually means one of the flashback scenes is different.

Oh, and no: CD-i cannot be used in the way you suggest. Trust me, I tried.

A Touch of Murder
Snoop

Post by A Touch of Murder »

Thank you! Would love to see more of the CDi game!

BBP
Detective

Post by BBP »

Me too. Would love to make a full-fledged walkthrough, since I could make it playable to the viewers. But it proved problematic when I made one of Voyeur: there's about a 30-second delay between what appears on CD-i and what appears on computer screen: it's so bad you need an extra monitor. Combine that with CD-i's break-neck 1x CD-speed (long loading times each click) and clumsy controls due to low available memory, and you got a frustration fest increased by having to roll the die to go to different locations although you're playing alone... oh bother. Plus the 2007 computer (the only one up to it) is not exactly in condition to perform that many recordings, let alone the editing out of the loading time.

Also, the green blocks and skips you see on the video, they're tiny little dust specks on the CD: the system is highly sensitive to dirt. If the CD were to give me a Disk Dirty Program Abort fallout during recording of Cluedo?, which has no option to save game, all recording I had done up to that moment would be pointless.