Some Clue Fan-Art

A place to discuss all aspects of Clue/Cluedo.

Moderators: Michael, BBP, Tum

coinilius
Detective

Re: Some Clue Fan-Art

Post by coinilius »

There's artwork in the same style for Mr Boddy, from the Mystery at Sea card game, if you wanted to use that as Dr Black?

https://boardgamegeek.com/image/1092874 ... ystery-sea

cacums
Ringer

Post by cacums »

Although it is one of the few canon depictions of Boddy... I hate it. :lol: Seems to me more of a Lord Gray, Brunette, Mr. Urfe in my eyes.

coinilius
Detective

Post by coinilius »

cacums wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 2:46 pm Although it is one of the few canon depictions of Boddy... I hate it. :lol: Seems to me more of a Lord Gray, Brunette, Mr. Urfe in my eyes.
Yes it’s not very good - also looks a bit unfinished, like they just grabbed it from concept art for the original version these pictures came from or something lol I don’t mind it for that game though as I think of the Boddy (in that game, thanks to that picture) as more of a clueless (heh) fop. I tend to think of Dr Black as looking more like Peter Cushing!

Jonathan Green
Master Detective

Post by Jonathan Green »

coinilius wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 6:00 pm
cacums wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 2:46 pm Although it is one of the few canon depictions of Boddy... I hate it. :lol: Seems to me more of a Lord Gray, Brunette, Mr. Urfe in my eyes.
Yes it’s not very good - also looks a bit unfinished, like they just grabbed it from concept art for the original version these pictures came from or something lol I don’t mind it for that game though as I think of the Boddy (in that game, thanks to that picture) as more of a clueless (heh) fop. I tend to think of Dr Black as looking more like Peter Cushing!
That version of Mr. Boddy was based on this:
https://youtu.be/qd1-RWehq_k

coinilius
Detective

Post by coinilius »

Very interesting - do you know if concept art was created at the time for that version of Mr Boddy/Dr Black? Maybe they intended him to appear in marketing material/booklets etc for the game?

Jonathan Green
Master Detective

Post by Jonathan Green »

coinilius wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 6:44 pm Very interesting - do you know if concept art was created at the time for that version of Mr Boddy/Dr Black? Maybe they intended him to appear in marketing material/booklets etc for the game?
IDK, maybe he was

cacums
Ringer

Post by cacums »

coinilius wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 6:00 pm
It's the unfinished tie, the hair, the lack of "smoothness" on his face tone.

Don't get me wrong, I'm a huge supporter of "more visions, more imaginations, more fun" and any depiction of Boddy/Black will get a thumbs up from me. But personally, I just don't care for it.

To me, I like Boddy of any age to have that dangerous, unpredictable selfish 'spoiled brat' edge, whereas Dr. Black is the Hugh Heffner, silver fox, daddy-long-d!ck looking too get someone pretty in his web.

coinilius
Detective

Post by coinilius »

cacums wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 4:44 am
It's the unfinished tie, the hair, the lack of "smoothness" on his face tone.

Don't get me wrong, I'm a huge supporter of "more visions, more imaginations, more fun" and any depiction of Boddy/Black will get a thumbs up from me. But personally, I just don't care for it.

To me, I like Boddy of any age to have that dangerous, unpredictable selfish 'spoiled brat' edge, whereas Dr. Black is the Hugh Heffner, silver fox, daddy-long-d!ck looking too get someone pretty in his web.
Yes, the unfinished tie, the face and the general way his clothes don't look like they fit properly (his head seems too small or something?) make it look like it's unfinished concept art they pulled out of the vault because it matched the style. His goatee is also pretty naff.

Jonathan Green
Master Detective

Post by Jonathan Green »

Colonel Mustard from Clue: Murder at Boddy Mansion

cacums
Ringer

Post by cacums »

I love that background! You should include some type of background in all of your characters. It really brings the whole card forward.

Black
Bindle Stiff

Post by Black »

cacums wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 7:01 am Image

Threw this together as a MD expansion idea. To round it to twelve I added an awful Plum/Green mashup for Dr. Black and of course Dr. Orchid.
Love these Cacums, although Peach looks really cropped, is it possible to have her image more central in the square, everyone else is perfect

Jonathan Green
Master Detective

Post by Jonathan Green »

cacums
Ringer

Post by cacums »

Black wrote: Sun Aug 30, 2020 11:15 amLove these Cacums, although Peach looks really cropped, is it possible to have her image more central in the square, everyone else is perfect
I was thinking that same thing. I'll throw together a better Peach shortly. I did a 12/12/12 Weapon, Room-Board idea too. I may post it once I bang out some dents.

coinilius
Detective

Post by coinilius »

That sounds awesome - looking forward to seeing your ideas!

Jonathan Green
Master Detective

Post by Jonathan Green »

Jonathan Green
Master Detective

Post by Jonathan Green »

cacums
Ringer

Post by cacums »

coinilius
Detective

Post by coinilius »

Wow that cutaway of the mansion is an incredible piece!