Clue - Chapman Edition II

A place to discuss all aspects of Clue/Cluedo.

Moderators: Michael, BBP, Tum

CluedoKid
Con Artiste

Post by CluedoKid »

REJECTED ROOM DESIGNS

Lounge - I was happy with part of it. The left side with the card table and piano, but the wallpapering was just too vivid and the seating area was far too muddled. I originally had a red carpet for the floor and all together it looked like Fruitopia puked everywhere. Even when I tried to fix the floor, it was too late.

Ballroom - I did like how it turned out and it's very similar to the final design, but I worked the floor too hard and it got too smudged, unlike the Hall which still retained it's whiteness.

In the end, I took out the carpet and changed the settee to a divan in the alcove.

Conservatory - Just take one look at it. Too many colours that don't work and don't evoke the Edwardian feel I was going for. The fountain looked out of place and the stone floor design looked more like everything was sitting on a giant brain.

Overall, I believe a made good decisions not to keep these.
Last edited by CluedoKid on Mon Jan 04, 2010 7:05 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Adam106
Hatchet Man

Post by Adam106 »

Ooh, I like the rejected Conservatory a lot.

By the way, will you be doing bio's for the characters? I know it's something you usually do with your games, unless you would rather leave this one more ambigious?

CluedoKid
Con Artiste

Post by CluedoKid »

I think I will Adam. Thanks for reminding me. :)

Btw, I edited the post to include my reasoning as to why they were rejected.

Niteshade007
"Master Detective is creepy!"

Post by Niteshade007 »

For some reason, the rejected Lounge reminds me a great deal of 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea. I like the rejected Ballroom, but very little changed between that and the final. The conservatory I'm mixed about. I like it, and think perhaps you're being a bit harsh on yourself, but I suppose I can see some of your arguments. I love the fountain though.

CluedoKid
Con Artiste

Post by CluedoKid »

Niteshade007 wrote:For some reason, the rejected Lounge reminds me a great deal of 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea.
Interesting. Can you elaborate?

Niteshade007
"Master Detective is creepy!"

Post by Niteshade007 »

The colors, the piano, and the couches in particular, look a great deal like the one from the movie. I can't find an image to compare it to, but it just reminds me of the set from the movie.

cacums
Ringer

Post by cacums »

I gave it a go and printed out the rooms and cut out bloody spaces.