Clue - Chapman Edition II

A place to discuss all aspects of Clue/Cluedo.

Moderators: Michael, BBP, Tum

Murder by Death
Forensics Supervisor

Post by Murder by Death »

Love the bathroom! And love the way your secret passages work. That's one of the things I hate about the Franklin Mint edition, that the secret passages are not decorated in any particular fashion, no bookcases, doors, or even paintings as you have done here. Simply brilliant.

cacums
Ringer

Post by cacums »

I need to buy more printer ink. :)

CluedoKid
Con Artiste

Post by CluedoKid »

Okay, so I spent hours making the board. It looks pretty bad, so I'm going to use an actual Clue board. However, I'm not sure which one I'm willing to vandalize.

I'd gladly use the 1996 board, except it's pretty wrecked. I'd love to use the 1972 board and it's tiles, but I also love the 1972 game too much.

Perhaps I will use my 2003 board. Hmm.

Lord Caspen
Court Stenographer

Interesting

Post by Lord Caspen »

I really like the rooms. What I love most about them, after their stylish look, is the fact that you can see exactly how the picture on each room card is taken from a real viewpoint within the room itself. Nicely done!

I'm curious, though -- what purpose does the bathroom serve? Is it merely a handy way to get more quickly from one side of the house to the other?
It's discouraging to think how many people are shocked by honesty and how few by deceit. -- Blithe Spirit, Noel Coward.

CluedoKid
Con Artiste

Post by CluedoKid »

That's where the accusation is made, ala Reinvention.

Niteshade007
"Master Detective is creepy!"

Post by Niteshade007 »

But why would you accuse someone in a bathroom? Obviously makes about as much sense as screaming in a courtyard with a pool, but it seems to me that a sitting room or cloak room or something with a phone would make more sense than just looking into a mirror and saying to your reflection "Scarlet did it."

CluedoKid
Con Artiste

Post by CluedoKid »

Niteshade007 wrote:But why would you accuse someone in a bathroom? Obviously makes about as much sense as screaming in a courtyard with a pool, but it seems to me that a sitting room or cloak room or something with a phone would make more sense than just looking into a mirror and saying to your reflection "Scarlet did it."
But there is a phone in there!

Niteshade007
"Master Detective is creepy!"

Post by Niteshade007 »

That doesn't go with your theme at all. Phones in the bathroom, isn't that more of an 80s thing?

CluedoKid
Con Artiste

Post by CluedoKid »

Not at all.

Casa Loma, a home built in the early 1900's has a little ledge meant for a phone within Sir Henry Pellatt's private bathroom. He had a lot of phones as he owned the city's electric company. Anyway, it isn't entirely crazy to have a phone in the loo.

Lord Caspen
Court Stenographer

Huh

Post by Lord Caspen »

And, after all, an accusation of murder is a pretty sensitive thing. Best to do that in the one room where no one is likely to come in and bother you.
It's discouraging to think how many people are shocked by honesty and how few by deceit. -- Blithe Spirit, Noel Coward.

CluedoKid
Con Artiste

Post by CluedoKid »

It's a good place to be when your totally getting a 'clue' too!

Okay, the board is pretty much done. I'm going to Ottawa til New Years Eve so you may not hear from me until then. I wanted to have the pieces done by now, but I will take a normal set with me and use that for now until I get back to make them.

I will try to do a new Plum and Scarlet over there (Especially Plum). You will see the results when I get back.

CluedoKid
Con Artiste

Post by CluedoKid »

Took some pics of the almost finished board. I say almost finished because I haven't applied the secret passage signs yet. I'm wondering how to go about it because I don't want them to clutter next to the START spaces.

As for the room text, I wrote them outside of the rooms because I didn't want the art of the room itself to get disturbed too much. Also, there was little room along the board edges and it would look cramped.

But man, this was a hard board to make. My original board looked too ugly, so I had to painstakingly peel off all the rooms and attach them to the 1996 board. I then repainted the tiles. Voila.

fendue
Biometrics Examiner

Post by fendue »

Wow...

cacums
Ringer

Post by cacums »

Will you be mad if I hug you? This is amazing! :)

As for the secret passage signs I say forget them, everyone on the site knows that rule and if this was a selling clue game they could easily read about them in the instructions.

Lord Caspen
Court Stenographer

Whew

Post by Lord Caspen »

I am blown away, Chappie. I really like the names on the outsides of the rooms, and what I really like is the color choices. Pink somehow ties it all together really well.

Are you still working on new portraits?

Also, about the secret passages -- I don't know if they need labels. I liked them in the 1972 version, but I don't think every board needs them.

WarnerPlum
Chopper Squad
Location: Sitting in my dusty bedroom in the United Kingdom - now where was that broom...

Post by WarnerPlum »

I'm loving it!
"Caveat emptor, Plum: let the buyer beware."
"No, Boddy... YOU beware."
~ Blackmail!

Adam106
Hatchet Man

Post by Adam106 »

:shock:

fendue
Biometrics Examiner

Post by fendue »

I say don't bother with the secret passages.

Murder by Death
Forensics Supervisor

Post by Murder by Death »

Beautiful. Just beautiful. Putting the room names in the hallway is definitely a bold move that I am still internally debating. On the one hand it looks good on the other, it sort of blocks the spaces. But I believe this is a first in the Cluedo world, no?

CluedoKid
Con Artiste

Post by CluedoKid »

Thanks for the comments guys!

Lord Capsen,

Yes, I'm working on a new Plum and Scarlet. I'm still a little iffy about Scarlet because I like her picture, but not the size she takes up, but hopefully, my new Scarlet will turn out even better.

Anyway, I hope to get their portraits done tonight.

MBD,

Yes, the text does take up the space's space, but I did think about this before hand, and I think given the grid layout, players will "fill in" the missing spaces with their imagination.