A Killer at Cluedo Island

A place to discuss all aspects of Clue/Cluedo.

Moderators: Michael, BBP, Tum

PeachFreak
Highbinder

A Killer at Cluedo Island

Post by PeachFreak »

As summer draws to a close, Mr. Boddy invites his closest friends to his island getaway for one last party. However, a murder occurs right under everyone's noses! Now, the lives of the witnesses throughout the island are in grave danger, as the killer attempts to pick them off one by one. Can the sleuths stop the bloodthirsty murderer before he or she escapes?

Since Kill Mr. Boddy has ended, and I've decided that I rather enjoy leading online games, I will be hosting another. This time, it will be in the style of some old Murder, She Wrote board game I played many, many years ago. Full rules will be posted soon.

The game supports up to six players. One will PM'd that he or she is the murderer. Everybody else will be innocent and attempt to find out who the killer is. The killer must commit five murders and escape the island before being discovered.
Solving the case revolves around keeping track of who went into each location and when, and if you found the witness at that location dead or alive.

If you'd like to play, please choose a character.
Last edited by PeachFreak on Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Like my daddy always says, give me a good neuromuscular poison any day."

cacums
Ringer

Post by cacums »

Mr. Green if you please! :)

(I will try my damn hardest to faithfully stay with this until the end... I know I've let others down in the past and I apologize :( )

This sounds very fun!! :D

Poirotfrmda818
Button Man

Post by Poirotfrmda818 »

Mrs. Peacock please

CMustardwPipeinLibrary
"old Mustards don't really appeal to me"

Post by CMustardwPipeinLibrary »

Col. Mustard.
"Are you trying to make me look stupid in front of the other guests?"
"You don't need any help from me, sir."
"That's right!"

Are you gullible? Click here to find out!

PeachFreak
Highbinder

Post by PeachFreak »

The Rules

At the Beginning:

At the start of the game, one player will be told that he or she is the murderer. They will choose one of the nine witnesses on the board to kill off. This is his or her first kill and occurs before actual gameplay starts.

On Your Turn:

1. Roll two dice. You must move the full amount shown. You may pass over other players, but not land on the same space as them. If all potential move spaces are occupied, you pass your turn.
2. If you land on a blank space, your turn ends.
3. If you land on a “Go To� space, you may move your character to any space in the named location. You may also ignore these spaces and simply end your turn.
4. If you end your turn on a circular space within a location, and you did not begin your turn in that location, you may check the status of the witness there. (DEAD or ALIVE) See “Entering a Location� for further information.
5. You may NOT check the status of the witness if you began your turn in his or her location. For example, play starts in the Mansion. You may not check the status of the witness there until you have left the Mansion for at least one full turn.
6. Even if you are at a location and other players enter on their turns, you must still leave the location for one full turn and re-enter before checking if a murder was committed.
7. There are 2 “Dock� spaces. They serve as secret passages, in which you may hop on a boat and get taken across the island. They do not stop your turn, and you may continue to move your full roll after coming out on the other dock.

Entering a Location:

1. Each location has six circles, indicating the order in which people entered the location. When you enter a location, your color will be placed in the “Last in� circle. Others will slide back a circle. (For example: Mrs. White is the “Last in� the Mansion. Mr. Green enters. He is now “Last in.� Mrs. White is now in the “Second in�.) If you are returning to a location you have previously been in, your color will be removed from whatever circle it is in and placed in the “Last in� circle. All others will be slid back.
2. Check the status of the witness there. You will be pm’d if they are DEAD or ALIVE.
3. IF YOU ARE THE MURDERER: You must make a decision. When you check a witness’s status, you may choose to kill him or her, or to keep them alive for now. Be cool and don’t let the others know you are the killer.

How to Figure Out Who the Murderer Is:

1. If you are the first player to enter a location and find the witness DEAD, you will know that this was the first victim. To figure out who the murderer is, you must use deduction and elimination. For example, if you enter the Mansion and find Mr. Boddy ALIVE and later return to find him DEAD, you will know that he was killed by someone who entered the location after you left. Hopefully, only one or two players have been there since you left. If there was only one player there after you, then you know that person is the killer! If two players have been there, then you can at least narrow it down to them. Don’t let anyone know that you have solved the case. Calmly move to one of the "Accuse" spaces, located near the Docks.

How to Get Away With Murder:

1. Act like a sleuth. Follow other players into locations, as if you are suspicious of them. Don’t go off alone until you have killed five witnesses and are ready to make a run for it. If you feel you have been discovered, hurry to silence the needed witnesses and try to escape the island before the sleuth accuses.

Winning:

1. IF YOU ARE A SLEUTH: Move to one of the Accuse spaces. You must land on it or pass over it. PM me your accusation. If you are correct, you win. If you are not, the killer murders you and you are out of the game. (This does not count as one of the 5 required killings.)
2. IF YOU ARE THE MURDERER: Kill five people. (This includes the first murder that occurs before the game begins.) Land on one of the red squares marked “Escape.� You do not need to land on it by exact count. You may, of course, kill more than five people if you wish, but it is not required. Other players cannot be killed.

CMustardwPipeinLibrary
"old Mustards don't really appeal to me"

Post by CMustardwPipeinLibrary »

I've played the game this is based off of.

What kind of board will you be using?
"Are you trying to make me look stupid in front of the other guests?"
"You don't need any help from me, sir."
"That's right!"

Are you gullible? Click here to find out!

ProfesorSvestka
Slueth

Post by ProfesorSvestka »

Professor Plum, please.

TheBilliardRoom
Detective

Post by TheBilliardRoom »

May I play as Miss Scarlet, please?

Black
Bindle Stiff

Post by Black »

Mrs White please.

WarnerPlum
Chopper Squad
Location: Sitting in my dusty bedroom in the United Kingdom - now where was that broom...

Post by WarnerPlum »

Ohh, I was going to ask to play! Never mind. :|
"Caveat emptor, Plum: let the buyer beware."
"No, Boddy... YOU beware."
~ Blackmail!

Adam106
Hatchet Man

Post by Adam106 »

Is there any room left for me? If so, I'll be Miss Peach if I may...

Black
Bindle Stiff

Post by Black »

If there is, I think it would be fair if WarnerPlum plays as well.

PeachFreak
Highbinder

Post by PeachFreak »

Sorry, WarnerPlum and Adam. The game can really only support 6 to go smoothly. If this goes well, I may decide to do another round. I'll save a spot for you both if you'd like.

Anyway, I'm working on the board, which I have to make from scratch.

Adam106
Hatchet Man

Post by Adam106 »

Okay, no problem. I understand.

PeachFreak
Highbinder

Post by PeachFreak »

This is the board we'll be using. When giving your moves, please use words like "Towards the mansion" or "East, West, North, and South." To make things easier. I've removed "Go To" spaces from the game, because I couldn't find a way to make them fit. Each victim is in place as well. I will pm the murderer, and we will start. Red spaces are "Escape" spaces for the murderer, blue spaces are "Accuse" spaces, and brown spaces are "Dock" spaces. The yellow space has no significance and is just meant to mark the start.

PeachFreak
Highbinder

Post by PeachFreak »

The sun blazed brightly that morning, as the guests began to crawl out of bed, still tired from the evening of partying the night before. However...something was wrong. Had there been a scream during the night? Or did everybody have the same exact nightmare? They thought the latter. Six people slept in that morning, and awoke to find that several of the others were already out and about. Everything seemed to be normal...but a killer was already plotting his or her escape.

This is the rolling order:

Scarlet
Peacock
Green
Mustard
White
Plum

(Feel free to roleplay during you move. Interact with other players. However, do not openly interact with victims or mention if you find them dead. Things like saying "I think I'll go see if Mme. Rose knows anything" are fine. However, do not say "OMG! RUSTY'S DEAD!!!111!!eleven.)

PeachFreak
Highbinder

Post by PeachFreak »

(For the record, Mustard is a gold color and White is a grey color. Otherwise, they would blend with the board.)

All players are on the center circle.

Miss Scarlet, it is your turn.

You roll:

ImageImage

TheBilliardRoom
Detective

Post by TheBilliardRoom »

Miss Scarlet feels the need to get away from everyone. She decides to walk towards the beach.

(Miss Scarlet moves 4 spaces down, 4 left and then 2 down)

PeachFreak
Highbinder

Post by PeachFreak »

Mrs. Peacock, it is your turn.

You roll:

ImageImage

Poirotfrmda818
Button Man

Post by Poirotfrmda818 »

Mrs. Peacock moves 4 spaces to the Right