Clue Current Thoughts

A place to discuss all aspects of Clue/Cluedo.

Moderators: Michael, BBP, Tum

Zoo977
Master Detective

Re: Clue Current Thoughts

Post by Zoo977 »

Stop winking at me, you oversexed Frenchman!

coinilius
Detective

Post by coinilius »

That made me think of how there is a Masque of the Red Death board game. Doesn't play like Clue, but it still reminded me.

penscrawl
Suspect

Post by penscrawl »

I'm bored so I've "flipped" some weapon cards from series 3 (UK).

penscrawl
Suspect

Post by penscrawl »

penscrawl
Suspect

Post by penscrawl »

CluedoKid
Con Artiste

Post by CluedoKid »

That's some serious boredom right there.

Black
Bindle Stiff

Post by Black »

Small problem with the new Deadly Dowry lineup, you have the solution down a line

penscrawl
Suspect

Post by penscrawl »

Series 3 (UK) was too stabb-y, right? I wish there had been more bludgeon murders. Or a strangulation.

I wish I could watch all the Australian episodes. They could've been released as DVDs. The audience segments removed with new narration: each story + Bogong scenes only, etc. Thankfully the German episodes exist to highlight the framework of the Australian scripts they were based on.

penscrawl
Suspect

Post by penscrawl »

CluedoKid wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 11:00 am That's some serious boredom right there.
Yup.

penscrawl
Suspect

Post by penscrawl »

Black wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 11:16 am Small problem with the new Deadly Dowry lineup, you have the solution down a line
I know. That's not why I did it though.

penscrawl2
Suspect

Post by penscrawl2 »

A random idea that I've just created. It's slapdash, nothing special. It's irreverent too.

Mrs Peacock doesn't like crisps (short video): https://archive.org/details/mp_20200413

Zoo977
Master Detective

Post by Zoo977 »

Out of curiosity, would anyone be interested in a new character repository? I’m tempted to make a new thread to make an organized one - Have them categorized by color, gender, who created them - so if we ever need a fallback character for a project we have an easy reference guide. I’m just not sure if that something you guys would actually you know. Want.

coinilius
Detective

Post by coinilius »

I like that idea, always good to have an organised list of characters etc and it might help to import everything over into a standard format

Sir Shamrock
Private Eye

Post by Sir Shamrock »

Zoo977 wrote: Tue Apr 14, 2020 8:13 pm Out of curiosity, would anyone be interested in a new character repository? I’m tempted to make a new thread to make an organized one - Have them categorized by color, gender, who created them - so if we ever need a fallback character for a project we have an easy reference guide. I’m just not sure if that something you guys would actually you know. Want.
I have a large list of official suspects on my computer if that helps (theres over 90 I believe)

Zoo977
Master Detective

Post by Zoo977 »

Yes, that would be beyond helpful! DM it to me when you get a chance. Probably going to be preoccupied tonight, but I’ll get started on this as soon as I get a good chance :3

Sir Shamrock
Private Eye

Post by Sir Shamrock »

You got it!

Jonathan Green
Master Detective

Post by Jonathan Green »

Zoo977
Master Detective

Post by Zoo977 »

Jonathan Green wrote:viewtopic.php?f=1&t=475&start=180
Thank you! The character repository is kind of the influence and the problem - There's no singular post with them all. I'd want the first post to be a huge compiled list of everything, and people could comment to add more

coinilius
Detective

Post by coinilius »

So I've been thinking about a satisfactory way of having Dr Black as a separate, playable character to Mr Boddy and who isn't also dead, as Sir Black is in the 2000's continuity, while also maintaining a few other character relationships that I have been developing for my own head canon take on the Clue mythology. It's ultimately pretty simple, but basically the idea would be that Sir Black, retired surgeon and general millionaire type, is planning on gifting his nephew Mr Boddy with a living inheritance on his 30th birthday that will see him taking over as head of the Black family holdings. The Black family characters then include Mr Boddy (deceased), Sir Black (Uncle and current patriarch of the Black family), Madame Rose (Sir Black's sister and Mr Boddy's batty Aunt), Dr Orchid (Sir Black's goddaughter and ward) and Sgt. Grey (Sir Black's illegitimate son with Mrs White).

Sir Black
Retired surgeon and current patriarch of the Black family. Did he change his mind about his nephew, Mr Boddy,taking over the Black family estate?

Madame Rose
Mr Boddy's batty aunt who has wasted her fortune chasing new age trends. Was she worried that her nephew would cut off her allowance once he took control of the Black family estate?

Dr Orchid
Sir Black's ward who was raised alongside Mr Boddy, she devoted her life to following in her godfather's footsteps. Did she believe herself to be more worthy of inheriting the Black family estate?

Sgt Grey
The illegitimate son of Sir Black and Mrs White, after all these years has he come to stake his own claim to the Black family estate?

Man I am sick of ending sentences with 'the Black family estate' :lol: