Clue/Monopoly

A place to discuss all aspects of Clue/Cluedo.

Moderators: Michael, BBP, Tum

Quadsworth
Slueth

Clue/Monopoly

Post by Quadsworth »

http://www.amazon.com/Monopoly-Clue-Cla ... pd_sbs_t_6

Seems similar to Clue/Sorry edition, except of course with Monopoly.

chaostheory1489
Private Eye

Post by chaostheory1489 »

It looks like it might even be made by the same company. But this one comes with 6 classic games, so it's arguably better.

Poirotfrmda818
Button Man

Post by Poirotfrmda818 »

What's up with that price? I've seen those on eBay for about 50 dollars. I's get it if it wasn't the 2002 edition.

Quadsworth
Slueth

Post by Quadsworth »

I picked this link because it is the best photographed (that I found).

cacums
Ringer

Post by cacums »

$397.99...... (I actually whistled)

Premier Edition is more elegant than that, and It's cheaper....

Quadsworth
Slueth

Post by Quadsworth »

Yeah, I actually find this edition quite ugly.

Poirotfrmda818
Button Man

Post by Poirotfrmda818 »

Does anyone here know how big it is? Is it a regular sized board, or smaller like the Clue/Sorry game?

Quadsworth
Slueth

Post by Quadsworth »

The reviews say the monopoly money is too small, so I assume that it is smaller.

Poirotfrmda818
Button Man

Post by Poirotfrmda818 »

I think the money is small, but now that I looked at the pictures better, I think that the board is still the same size. It uses the same pawns as the 2002 game, so if the board was smaller, the pawns would be too big for the squares, and I doubt that they made smaller ones just for this game.

Poirotfrmda818
Button Man

Post by Poirotfrmda818 »

The reason I'm so interested is that I'm considering getting one of these (if I can find one at a much cheaper price) and using parts from other editions (Mainly the 50th anniversary) to make a sort of "Ultimate Clue" game. It's just a wild idea I had, but I do really like the drawer for the pieces.

Niteshade007
"Master Detective is creepy!"

Post by Niteshade007 »

I think the pawns are smaller. They look slightly smaller anyway. It's possible that the board is only slightly smaller as well.

Poirotfrmda818
Button Man

Post by Poirotfrmda818 »

I decided to get one after all. I see much potential in making the game better using a different version.

Quadsworth
Slueth

Post by Quadsworth »

How much did you pay? Where did you buy it? Can you post pictures?

MissScarletDidntDoIt
Crime Lab Scientist

Post by MissScarletDidntDoIt »

I've played this one quite a few times. My friend has it...

Poirotfrmda818
Button Man

Post by Poirotfrmda818 »

I got it off eBay for 42 dollars. It hasn't come yet, but I will post pics when it comes if you want.

Poirotfrmda818
Button Man

Post by Poirotfrmda818 »

Now I'm thinking about what changes to make to the game to make it look better.

I don't think I can change the board because it will look strange, especially if the board is a little smaller, so I'll just stick to the 2002 board, which is fine because I kinda like that board.

I decided to use the MD weapons with the game. They look quite good on the 2002 board.

My main dilemma is what to do about the cards. I don't like the 2002 cards (especially the card format) so I want to use different cards, but at the same time I still want to have the board match the cards, so the only other choice are the Cluedo 2000 cards, which are fine, but I don't have an extra set of the 2000 cards, and I have never seen them on eBay.

Any suggestions?

Poirotfrmda818
Button Man

Post by Poirotfrmda818 »

It arrived!!!

I love it. It's so nice even if it is the 2002 edition. HOWEVER, despite being new and sealed, it is missing the deck of Clue cards!!!! Grrr... and it looks like they are smaller that the regular cards so I will have a hard time looking for replacements.

Murder by Death
Forensics Supervisor

Post by Murder by Death »

Poirotfrmda818 wrote:it looks like they are smaller that the regular cards so I will have a hard time looking for replacements.
What did you end up doing? What makes you think the cards were smaller if they weren't with the game? In fact I don't see them here in this game for sale either – wonder if there was a lot of them that did not come with the cards? Can you confirm the rest of the game is the same size as the regular edition?

I would think you could get a replacement set of cards from Hasbro, since they still sell the Bookshelf edition ... I just checked and they sell replacements for something called "New" Clue, which is different than "Discover the Secrets". They also sell replacements for "FX" and the DVD game. In fact I think of the 2002 edition, the FX cards are the best looking with that art. They also sell Clue Express, which looks like it has smaller cards as well.

You could always scan your favorite Clue card-back and print stickers to unify all of the Clue cards with your game set.

Poirotfrmda818
Button Man

Post by Poirotfrmda818 »

I ordered a replacement set of cards from Hasbro. They cards are smaller than the regular or bookshelf games. And the board is around the same size as the premiere edition, only a bit smaller. Everything else is the same size.

Murder by Death
Forensics Supervisor

Post by Murder by Death »

Poirotfrmda818 wrote:They cards are smaller than the regular or bookshelf games.
You ordered a set of replacement cards for THIS game from Hasbro? Or the replacement cards for the 2002 set (and if so which version is it, the "New" Clue)?

Is there a custom slot for the smaller cards in the storage drawer, that the larger cards won't fit into?

Thinking about picking one of these up and getting replacement cards for FX.