ATWI8C- Finished (Thanks to all!)

A place to discuss all aspects of Clue/Cluedo.

Moderators: Michael, BBP, Tum

Adam106
Hatchet Man

Post by Adam106 »

Colonel Mustard with the Briefcase at Saint Peter's?

go_leafs_nation
Trigger Man

Post by go_leafs_nation »

ImageImageImage

0 out of 3 correct

The Colonel has nothing to fear (but fear itself)...
The Briefcase was not used for the dastardly deed...
St. Peter will sleep well tonight...
The two women exchanged the kind of glance women use when no knife is handy.
~Ellery Queen
At the Scene of the Crime

Adam106
Hatchet Man

Post by Adam106 »

Reverend Green, did you ever manage to find the Chalice?

go_leafs_nation
Trigger Man

Green: It was in my room. It had just been moved from my desk to underneath it... I don't understand why!
~Ellery Queen

Adam106
Hatchet Man

Post by Adam106 »

Reverend Green with the Pillow in the Hotel Room.

go_leafs_nation
Trigger Man

ImageImageImage

Getting Close...
2 out of 3
~Ellery Queen

Adam106
Hatchet Man

Post by Adam106 »

Mrs. White with the Pillow in the Hotel Room.

go_leafs_nation
Trigger Man

Inspector Moretti was in the interrogation room. “We found your fingerprints in the room,� he said to the person at the table. “No one saw the man after breakfast. We have reason to believe he never left his room. We also know you were the first person back at the hotel out of the entire party.�

Mrs. White sat at the table, stubbornly. “But we have the most conclusive evidence of all—an eyewitness,� the inspector added.

“What?� Mrs. White nearly jumped from the table.

“A security camera saw you coming into his room, Mrs. White. It was around the time the coroner agrees he was killed. You know what I think? I think Giordano really had a genuine headache, and had gone back to sleep. You crept into his room, and smothered him with his own pillow…

“Also, Reverend Green noticed his chalice had been moved. We found three sets of fingerprints on it: Giordano’s, Green’s, and yours. Here’s what I think happened: after you killed him, you noticed the chalice. You knew it was Green’s, you jumped to the conclusion that the man had stolen it. So you returned it.

“We know you killed him. But why?�

Mrs. White looked at Moretti quite reasonably. “All right. You figured out how I did it. You at least deserve to know why.� She paused for a moment, holding back tears. When she spoke, her voice cracked. “I’ve been a servant in the Peacock household since I was a little girl. Whatever dirty secrets the family has, I take them personally.�

She swallowed. “Eleanor is a good, sweet girl. I love her as dearly as if she was my own daughter. That man tricked her father into an investment. He told him the stock would triple his money. He swallowed the whole thing, and invested every penny he had in the scheme. What he didn’t know was that this man, his “good friend�, was the head of the Mafia. They were planning a terrorist attack that would send the value of the stock plunging down. He lost everything he had. He couldn’t live with the guilt, and shot himself, leaving Eleanor and her mother penniless.�

She looked at the Inspector. “That man drove Eleanor’s father to suicide. It was his fault! But he would never be caught. Even if he was arrested, he’s far too important. He’d certainly get off the hook. So, if he wouldn’t be tried by judge and jury, I decided to hold my own trial…� She smiled to herself. “Guilty,� she whispered. “Guilty…�

It was indeed Mrs. White with the Pillow in the Hotel Room!
ImageImageImage
Congratulations, Adam106, for guessing correctly and winning the game!
~Ellery Queen

CluedoKid
Con Artiste

Post by CluedoKid »

I swear I've seen Mrs. White from somewhere. I think it was a LifeCall commercial...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3UH_r1eC ... re=related
SUPPORT - Follow my progress of my expanded Clue edition -
www.patreon.com/gothicgreenhouse

go_leafs_nation
Trigger Man

Anyone have any comments? Suggestions for improvement?
~Ellery Queen

go_leafs_nation
Trigger Man

I'm really happy over the pilot. I'm pleased to announce that, in the near future, Episode 2 will arrive:

Mrs. White was caught, and is no longer in the season (EDIT: Alright, I was caught. She will reappear after episode 2). The suspects this time will be:
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Last edited by go_leafs_nation on Mon Feb 09, 2009 10:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
~Ellery Queen

CluedoKid
Con Artiste

Post by CluedoKid »

I don't see why Mrs. White had to be replaced. It's not as though this is real life.

PrinceAzure33
Diplomatically Immune

Post by PrinceAzure33 »

Oooh, I like that idea of the caught murderer not being able to continue, it add some sense of realism. :)
Oh, it's England. Croquet on the lawn, tea in silver teapots, sherry before dinner. One simply has to maintain one's standards!

PeachFreak
Highbinder

Post by PeachFreak »

I liked the first case, though I agree with Cluedokid about Mrs. White. One of the fun parts of Clue is that the same suspects commit murder over and over, and don't get into trouble with the law.
"Like my daddy always says, give me a good neuromuscular poison any day."

PrinceAzure33
Diplomatically Immune

Post by PrinceAzure33 »

CluedoKid wrote:I don't see why Mrs. White had to be replaced. It's not as though this is real life.
I've got to disagree with you there. While I don't think a suspect should be permanently out for the rest of the season, I think having them "in jail" for a episode or two is a good idea. I think that's the direction go_leafs is going here, I predict we'll be seeing good old Mrs. White after this episode. :wink:
Oh, it's England. Croquet on the lawn, tea in silver teapots, sherry before dinner. One simply has to maintain one's standards!

CluedoKid
Con Artiste

Post by CluedoKid »

PrinceAzure33 wrote:Oooh, I like that idea of the caught murderer not being able to continue, it add some sense of realism. :)
Maybe a little too much?

PrinceAzure33
Diplomatically Immune

Post by PrinceAzure33 »

CluedoKid wrote:
PrinceAzure33 wrote:Oooh, I like that idea of the caught murderer not being able to continue, it add some sense of realism. :)
Maybe a little too much?
If it's just for an episode, then not so much. But if it's for the entire season, then yes.

go_leafs_nation
Trigger Man

Darn, I've been caught. I'm a filthy liar. Mrs. White was going to reappear after the Venice episode. I just thought the new guy would work better for the particular victim in this next one.
~Ellery Queen

CluedoKid
Con Artiste

Post by CluedoKid »

It's good that there will be 2 seasons. I thinking how we'd possibly cover the world in 8 clues when we are on story #2 and we haven't even left the Mediterranean or even Italy for that matter.

PrinceAzure33
Diplomatically Immune

Post by PrinceAzure33 »

go_leafs_nation wrote:Darn, I've been caught. I'm a filthy liar. Mrs. White was going to reappear after the Venice episode. I just thought the new guy would work better for the particular victim in this next one.
:wink: I like the idea, nevertheless. And was the character of Signor Bianchi inspired by M. Poirot's associate in the film version of Murder on the Orient Express?