ATWI8C- Finished (Thanks to all!)

A place to discuss all aspects of Clue/Cluedo.

Moderators: Michael, BBP, Tum

go_leafs_nation
Trigger Man

Post by go_leafs_nation »

Well, so far, it looks like it, but I'm open to suggestions.
The two women exchanged the kind of glance women use when no knife is handy.
~Ellery Queen
At the Scene of the Crime

go_leafs_nation
Trigger Man

THE SUSPECTS
Miss Eleanor Scarlet- Mrs. Peacock’s niece, her origins remain a mystery. Her mother was English, but her father remains unknown to this day. After her mother was killed in a hit-and-run incident, she moved in with Mrs. Peacock. An extremely beautiful young woman, Miss Scarlet knows what she wants and how to get it, and will stop at nothing to do so.
Colonel Robert Mustard- Robert Mustard was a no-nonsense cop in the RCMP, when he witnessed his partner getting shot down by a desperate criminal. He recovered from his shell-shock rather quickly, and decided to join the Army. Due to his hard work and dedication to the Armed Forces, Mustard was rather quickly promoted to a Colonel.
Mrs. Bridget White- Mrs. White’s family has been in service with the Peacocks for generations. That’s why she stayed on as housekeeper to Mrs. Peacock, even though she could’ve gotten a much higher paying job elsewhere. Her loyalty has not been forgotten by Mrs. Peacock, who has set aside a big chunk of her estate to her maid.
Reverend Jonathan Green- His parishioners describe the Reverend Green as no less than a saint. His passion lies in the Church. Green is well-known for his good work among the poor, his passionate homilies, and his uncanny ability to somehow really get any fundraiser for charity going. His enemies are credited for starting a rumour that more money goes into his collection plate than to the poor.
Mrs. Alice Peacock- Mrs. Peacock’s husband was CEO for a multimillion-dollar corporation, and left his widow a very rich woman. When her sister died, she took in her niece, Miss Scarlet. Mrs. Peacock is a well-to-do society woman, and after winning the lottery, she decided to have a little fun and take her closest friends on a trip around the world.
Professor Paul Plum- Professor Plum’s mother had a liking for sing-song phrases, and named him Paul. He was ruthlessly teased at school because of his name. He was a very silent child, and learned to bottle up his anger. But when he does show his anger, he loses his control. The one time he got into a fight in high school, he beat the other kid mercilessly, and had to be restrained. Professor Plum is a very intelligent and highly educated man, and has rumoured ties to the Mafia.

THE VICTIM
Angelo Giordano- The man speaks Italian flawlessly, although he was born in U.S.A. to Italian parents. Giordano is a well-to-do businessman, respected wherever he goes. He is currently helping the United States Armed Forces in a top-secret project, codenamed “GoldenEye�. He is rumoured to be head of a criminal organization, although he fervently calls these stories “gossip, nothing more�. Hoping to get away from the big-city lifestyle, Giordano flew to Rome during the off-season, to get a break…
~Ellery Queen

go_leafs_nation
Trigger Man

Now underway...
Episode 1- All Roads Lead To Rome

Rome- Modern Day
Day 1- 7:30 P.M.
At the Hotel- The Diner

The party of six that had just arrived sat, hungrily eating supper. The manager of the hotel was pleased. That woman in blue had won the lottery, so it seemed. And so, she took her best friends along with her on a trip around the world. It was good. The hotel would need as many customers as it could get in the off-season. The six had apparently returned from sightseeing. They hadn’t done much, Marino reflected.

The manager, Giorgio Marino, was dressed in his best black suit, awaiting a most important guest, Angelo Giordano. The wealthy businessman had made a reservation not too long ago. Marino was pleased that a man of such wealth and importance was coming to stay at his humble, three-star hotel.

Giordano walked in. The six other guests, who were the only ones in the diner, looked up in his direction. It seemed to Marino that there was a flicker of recognition in a few pairs of eyes.
~Ellery Queen

go_leafs_nation
Trigger Man

8:00 P.M.
Professor Plum’s Room

Professor Plum had long unpacked his suitcase. Now, he sat at the desk in his hotel room, correcting his students’ papers. He kept them all in a briefcase that was now open. When it was full of those papers, it could be quite heavy. That was how he kept himself in such good shape— dragging that thing around campus.

Suddenly, the phone rang. Plum picked it up. “Hello?�

“Professor Plum?� said the voice at the phone.

“Speaking,�

“Signor Angelo Giordano kindly requests your presence in his room. Suite 313.� The caller hung up.

Plum didn’t like this one bit. What was Angelo doing in Rome of all places? Reluctantly, he put the papers back in his briefcase.
~Ellery Queen

go_leafs_nation
Trigger Man

8:10 P.M.
Suite 313

“Let’s get down to business,� Giordano said to Plum. Plum was frightened. Was this about—? No, it couldn’t be!

Suddenly, Giordano pulled a gun out of his coat pocket, and aimed it straight at Plum’s heart. “You sunuvab*tch�, he said in a rough voice. “You didn’t deliver the last shipment.�

Plum’s heart pounded. “Look, my men had no choice. Men from the British Intelligence were coming to search the boat. We had to get rid of all the drugs.�

“I thought you said you were the best in the business.�

“Look, even I get searched sometimes! Somebody must’ve tipped them off!�

“Shut up!� Giordano aimed the gun in between Plum’s eyes. “All I have to do is squeeze this trigger.�

“You wouldn’t dare,� Plum retorted, somehow concealing his fear of the man. “The gunshot would be heard. You’d be arrested.�

“Not at all, Professor,� smiled Giordano. “I came into my suite, and some strange man I’d never met was there. I naturally assumed it was a burglary. The man waved a gun in desperation at me, so I took my weapon out and fired.�

“But the clerk who called me in?�

“Bribery, Professor, can easily take care of that.�

Plum was desperate. “But you didn’t count on my telling my friends I was going to see you,� he said, trying to bluff his way out of this situation.

Giordano’s smile vanished. “Is this true?�

“Yes, of course it is.�

Giordano considered this for a moment. He nodded to himself, and took out a coin. “Alright, Professor. I don’t know if you’re telling the truth or not. So, I won’t leave it up to me to choose. Heads, you lose your head. Tails, you live… for now.� He flipped the coin up, and let it land on the desk. It was tails. “Get outta here,� he said, disgusted. “You’d better watch your back tomorrow…�
~Ellery Queen

go_leafs_nation
Trigger Man

8:25 P.M.
Colonel Mustard’s Room

None of his friends knew about this, but Colonel Mustard was part of the CSIS. That man from the diner today… Mustard was certain it was him. Angelo Giordano. Leader of the Mafia… He was the guy responsible for massive drug shipments… It was thanks to his f-----g line of work that his friend got shot down on the job! Mustard looked down on his shoe. Suddenly, a dagger whipped out from the shoe. “Clever little Intelligence trick,� Mustard thought to himself. The dagger shoe might come in useful…
~Ellery Queen

go_leafs_nation
Trigger Man

8:45 P.M.
Miss Scarlet’s Room

Mrs. Peacock was explaining something to her niece. “So, you see, because of that man’s dirty trick, your father lost all his money. He couldn’t live with himself, and committed suicide. That’s what really happened to your father. Angelo Giordano drove him to suicide.�

Miss Scarlet was nearly in tears. “But, Aunt Alice, how come I didn’t know?�

“Your father wasn’t an extremely important man. He wasn’t a CEO or anything. There were no headlines. No one would’ve told you. And I’ve tried to keep it from you. But since that horrible man is at the hotel, I thought I should tell you.�

“I need some time alone,� Scarlet sobbed.

“Certainly, Eleanor, darling. Call me if you need anything.�

As soon as Mrs. Peacock left the room, Scarlet buried her face in her pillow and tears began streaming down her face. So that’s who her father was! That was what had happened to him! She reached over for her box of tissues. Her hand enclosed around the stiletto instead…
~Ellery Queen

go_leafs_nation
Trigger Man

9:00 P.M.
Reverend Green’s Room

Angelo strolled into Green’s room. “You!� exclaimed the vicar. “How dare you come in here!�

Giordano smiled. “Why, Reverend,� he said, in a mock-hurt voice, “I’m disappointed. I thought you’d be glad to see your old partner in Rome!�

“You ran off with all the money for the charity! You made me seem like a crook, you no-good, swindling, little…�

“Save the talk, Reverend, it ain’t Sunday yet.� Suddenly, Angelo’s eyes focused on the chalice on Green’s desk. His eyes widened. The thing was beautiful! “How much for the chalice?� he asked.

“That is a sacred object! Get out of here!� shouted Green, angrily.

“C’mon, let me drink out of it!�

“No!� said Green. “Get out!�
~Ellery Queen

go_leafs_nation
Trigger Man

9:07 P.M.
Outside Reverend Green’s Room

Unknown to both Green and Giordano, a figure was listening at the door. The person had overheard everything, including the argument about the chalice…
~Ellery Queen

go_leafs_nation
Trigger Man

Mrs. Peacock’s Room
9:30 P.M.

“Will that be all?� Mrs. White asked Mrs. Peacock.

“No, Bridget, dear. Thank you ever so much. For everything. You’ve always been so loyal.�

“Well, my family’s been part of this family so long… I almost feel like I am a part of the family…�

“Do you remember that nasty Giordano man?�

Mrs. White lowered her voice “The one who was responsible for…�

“Yes.�

Inside Mrs. White’s eyes was a fiery passion. “What’s he doing here?�

“You mean you noticed him?�

“Noticed him? Of COURSE I noticed him! That man is not fit to live!�

END OF DAY 1
~Ellery Queen

go_leafs_nation
Trigger Man

Day 2- 7:00 A.M
Suite 313

Angelo woke up with a splitting headache. His mind was swirling with chalices, drug shipments… He began to doubt if he’d go sightseeing today… He looked at the watch. Time for breakfast. He’d take two aspirin with his breakfast. Maybe he’d feel better… He took his head off his pillow, and slowly got up.
~Ellery Queen

go_leafs_nation
Trigger Man

7:20 A.M.
The Diner

Giorgio Marino was speaking with Giordano. He wanted to ensure that his prize customer was perfectly all right in his room. Did he have trouble sleeping? A headache? He would get aspirin right away. Certainly, they could manage to make him scrambled eggs and bacon. He hoped Giordano would feel better…
~Ellery Queen

go_leafs_nation
Trigger Man

(continued)
In the meantime, Mrs. White was watching Giordano. It would’ve been so easy, she reflected. To smother the man with his pillow while he lay asleep… After all, she could easily get her hands on the spare key at the front desk…
~Ellery Queen

go_leafs_nation
Trigger Man

8:40 A.M.
Outside Reverend Green’s Room

The figure waited for the Reverend to go downstairs. He would soon go on a tour of Rome. He was so excited about it, chances were, he’d forget to lock his door. The figure opened the door. Yes, it was unlocked. It headed right for the chalice…
~Ellery Queen

go_leafs_nation
Trigger Man

9:20 A.M.
St. Peter’s Basilica

Reverend Green was in St. Peter’s admiring the basilica’s architecture. He was taking many photos with his digital camera…
~Ellery Queen

go_leafs_nation
Trigger Man

9:30 A.M.
The Colosseum

Mrs. Peacock was in queue, waiting to purchase tickets to enter the Colosseum. At least the lines weren’t as long as they were in the summer…
~Ellery Queen

go_leafs_nation
Trigger Man

11:05 A.M.
Piazza di Spagna

Professor Plum had spent the day hurriedly going from one tourist attraction to the other. Yes, he fully intended to watch his back… And he was armed, just in case…
~Ellery Queen

go_leafs_nation
Trigger Man

1:26 P.M.
The Mouth of Truth

Miss Scarlet was gazing curiously at the “Mouth of Truth�… So this was the mouth that, according to legend, would shut on the hand of a liar… Hesitantly, she put her hand in the big stone mouth…
~Ellery Queen

go_leafs_nation
Trigger Man

7:10 P.M.
The Hotel Lobby

All six tourists had arrived for the rendezvous in the hotel lobby (although a few were late, claiming the buses were the cause…). Mrs. Peacock was busily chatting about the Colosseum, and how close it was to the Arch of Constantine, and the Forum Romanum wasn’t that far off, either…

Giorgio Marino intruded on the conversation. “I apologize to interrupt, ladies and gentlemen,� he said, “but the police are here, asking for your assistance.�

“Has there been a burglary?� Reverend Green asked with considerable alarm.

“I’m afraid that Signor Angelo Giordano was found today… murdered…�

Angelo Giordano met his demise in Rome. Now, the Italian Police are asking for your help. You may question the six suspects, and ask them any appropriate question. You may also question Giorgio Marino, the hotel manager, who will do his best to answer, but is not a suspect. Deductions may be made after asking at least one question.
~Ellery Queen

Adam106
Hatchet Man

Post by Adam106 »

Miss Scarlett, did the Mouth of Truth shut on you?