Saying Hello

A place to discuss all aspects of Clue/Cluedo.

Moderators: Michael, BBP, Tum

ColJaime
Snoop

Saying Hello

Post by ColJaime »

Hello Everyone,

Just taking some time to say "hello." My name is Jaime, and Mike just "begged" me to join. Ok, so maybe he didn't BEG, but he asked enthusiastically. ;o)

Brief background on me, I'm 23 and have been collecting the game for 16 years now, and have been pretty active in the Cluedo collecting world for many years.

Once upon a time, my website The World of Clue was the only other "big" site aside from Paul's site.

Sadly, I've let that site gather a LOT of dust, as I put focus on my career. I actually DO hope to revise it soon, and get it off of Geocities so people can visit it and not get a "file allocation" notice.

Anyway, glad to meet more Clue fans.

Jaime.

Michael
Mastermind

Post by Michael »

Begged, huh... :wink:

WELCOME!

-Michael
How do you know what kind of pictures they are if you're such a lay-dee?

Colonel Gray Poopond
Forensics Expert

Post by Colonel Gray Poopond »

Hello Jaime. I must say one thing. Your website created my love of clue. Its to bad that for along time it was down. So as Michael said welcome although Michael has never welcomed me. :(

Michael
Mastermind

Post by Michael »

WELCOME COLONEL GRAY!!! How could I have been so thoughtless! I'm so glad you've joined us!!!!!!

-Michael
How do you know what kind of pictures they are if you're such a lay-dee?

ColJaime
Snoop

Post by ColJaime »

Well, thank you very much for that lovely compliment to my site, Colonel. Technically, it was never "down" just hasn't been updated. I do know, however, that many people get error messages when trying to visit it because of the stupid "File transfer allocation" Geocities instilled a while back.

Anyway, thanks. It means a lot that my site meant something to people. I do miss maintaining it and hope that someday I can restore it to its former glory.

ColJaime
Snoop

Post by ColJaime »

Of course you begged, Mike. Threatened me, even! ;o)

ClueBoy12
Informant

Post by ClueBoy12 »

Yes it is, i love your website! :D :D :D

CluedoKid
Con Artiste

Post by CluedoKid »

Welcome! I loved your website andd I was sad when It stoped working due to inactivity :cry:

ColJaime
Snoop

Post by ColJaime »

Goodness!!! I hadn't even REALIZED they had "deactived" it! I feel terrible now, like a really negligent parent!

Well, I've just RE-activated it so it should be there now. I think I shall up the effort to get it off Geocities and updated SOON now.

Thanks for alerting me to that.

Depboy
Missing Person

Post by Depboy »

Welcome Jaime! Your World of Clue site has been an endless resource for me and my many clue-related projects. I never thought I'd get the chance to say "thank you". So Thanks! I hope to see an update on your site soon.

ColJaime
Snoop

Post by ColJaime »

Thanks for the kind comments. It really does touch me to know that people think highly of my work.

I can't promise anything because the reason my site fell to disrepair in the first place was me being busy in my non-Clue life, but I actually HOPE to make some major updates to it.

alwaysPeacock
Fleet Street Look-Out

Post by alwaysPeacock »

So, we get to meet the man behing WOC. Welcome! Loved you site!

Cluedofan
Expert Witness

Post by Cluedofan »

Hi Jaime,

Welcome to Mike's forum. It's a great place to chat and meet lots of cool people.

I too hate the fact that life-pressures distract from making our websites as good as they could be. If only there were enough hours in the day and had the energy to put as much into both work and Cluedo...

I didn't realise your site had been deactived! I was there fairly recently, so I don't think it could have been down for too long.

Paul

ColJaime
Snoop

Post by ColJaime »

Paul? Paul who?

;o) ;o) ;o)

Yeah, I sure hope it wasn't down too long. I just need to get it well away from Geocities.