Most Recent Solution

A place to discuss all aspects of Clue/Cluedo.

Moderators: Michael, BBP, Tum

penscrawl
Suspect

Re: Most Recent Solution

Post by penscrawl »

I've got the 2011 board (with Bedroom/Bathroom).

I've thought Mustard Dagger Bathroom/Bedroom could be an interesting solution.

1) Mustard's in the Bathroom snorting something. Nearby is the Dagger that Mustard's used to chop it. In walks Samuel Black, Mustard stabs Black to stop his jock persona being ruined...

2) Or Black discovers Mustard with Plum in Black's bed! Plum runs away (down the stairs). Mustard, out of fear, picks up a Candlestick (already in the Bedroom) and wallops Black 'til death to prevent his sexuality/bisexuality being revealed...

Jonathan Green
Master Detective

Post by Jonathan Green »

penscrawl wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 12:27 pm I've got the 2011 board (with Bedroom/Bathroom).

I've thought Mustard Dagger Bathroom/Bedroom could be an interesting solution.

1) Mustard's in the Bathroom snorting something. Nearby is the Dagger that Mustard's used to chop it. In walks Samuel Black, Mustard stabs Black to stop his jock persona being ruined...

2) Or Black discovers Mustard with Plum in Black's bed! Plum runs away (down the stairs). Mustard, out of fear, picks up a Candlestick (already in the Bedroom) and wallops Black 'til death to prevent his sexuality/bisexuality being revealed...
It’s funny, your first situation reminds me of Mustard in a French Graphic Novel that came out shortly after Clue 2012 came out.
It’s revealed that Mustard has been using steroids to continue his Football (Soccer)/Rugby career.
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q ... rNfYzcNpSx

penscrawl2
Suspect

Post by penscrawl2 »

Jonathan Green wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 2:12 pm
It’s funny, your first situation reminds me of Mustard in a French Graphic Novel that came out shortly after Clue 2012 came out.
It’s revealed that Mustard has been using steroids to continue his Football (Soccer)/Rugby career.
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q ... rNfYzcNpSx
I was unaware of that graphic novel.

Jonathan Green
Master Detective

Post by Jonathan Green »

Just won a game of Clue FX,
Mr. Green, with the Lawn Gnome, at the Swimming Pool

MajorHoy
Slueth

Post by MajorHoy »

Jonathan Green wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 5:43 pmJust won a game of Clue FX,
Mr. Green, with the Lawn Gnome, at the Swimming Pool
Lawn Gnomes are terrible swimmers.

Jonathan Green
Master Detective

Post by Jonathan Green »

My cousin & I are playing Family Game Night 3. We played Clue (DTS), he won:
Jack Mustard, in the Patio, with the Axe. But I'm destroying him in The Game of Life! :twisted:

Miss Amelia Peach
Snoop

Post by Miss Amelia Peach »

Brunette with the Rope in the Study as Mrs. White along with Peach, Scarlett, Orchid, and Peacock.

ZachBlack000
Junior Detective

Post by ZachBlack000 »

My most recent board-game solution was Mr. Green, with the Lead Pipe, in the Hall.

BBP
Senior Detective

Post by BBP »

Won last night with Mustard - Lead Pipe - Lounge.

Played the 1979 anniversary Dutch edition which is unusual in that the lounge and conservatory are reversed (as in the lounge is next to the ballroom and billiard room) and the name of Professor Plum is misspelled on the board (Blum, coincidentally his German name :D )

Was long, even by our standards - we must've all been tired I guess, 21 turns in total - I was lucky to discover the lounge was the murder room since none of my opponents had shown me any rooms at all! I already knew the weapon and it was one of 2 suspects, so...

Black
Bindle Stiff

Post by Black »

Out of interest, has anyone had the Solution - Scarlet, Dagger/Knife, Library during a game at Christmas?

ZachBlack000
Junior Detective

Post by ZachBlack000 »

Black wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 10:22 pm Out of interest, has anyone had the Solution - Scarlet, Dagger/Knife, Library during a game at Christmas?
Like from the Cluedo game-show Christmas-special?

How about anyone having the solution, White, Knife/Dagger, Billiard Room, during a game at Christmas?

ZachBlack000
Junior Detective

Post by ZachBlack000 »

By the way when I played CLUE for the first time in Christmas 2017, it was Colonel Mustard, with the Revolver, in the Dining Room!
And I was eliminated, because I accused one of my room-cards, without noticing! XD

By the way, do you think that if you correctly accuse yourself as the murderer, you either turn yourself in, or just get away with it.

Black
Bindle Stiff

Post by Black »

ZachBlack000 wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 10:44 pm By the way when I played CLUE for the first time in Christmas 2017, it was Colonel Mustard, with the Revolver, in the Dining Room!
And I was eliminated, because I accused one of my room-cards, without noticing! XD

By the way, do you think that if you correctly accuse yourself as the murderer, you either turn yourself in, or just get away with it.
If no one guesses the solution correctly, you get away with it

If the Murderer accuses correctly, they confess to the crime and hand themselves in

coinilius
Detective

Post by coinilius »

Latest solution was Mr Green with the Lead Pipe in the Billiard Room - played using the cards from the Guess Who? Cluedo edition in a game of 'Clue Memory' based on the Clue Mystery Match web game:

http://www.mysterygamecentral.com/games ... Match.html

Basically, you divide the small cards (that go into the Guess Who board shutters) into Room, Weapon and Suspect piles. The game is then played in 3 rounds, one for the Room, one for the Weapon and one for the Suspect. At the start of each round, place 15 cards face down in a 3 by 5 grid, leaving one card face down separate to the rest, this card being your 'evidence' card for the round. You then take turns in normal Memory fashion, with the added mechanic that if you feel that you know what the evidence card is, you can make an accusation and look at the card - if you're right, the round is automatically over and you can claim all unmatched cards still on the table, if you're wrong, you are out of the game and your opponents can continue, or if you are playing a 2-player game, your opponent claims all unmatched cards (given the limited number of cards, it's best played just 2 players, IMO). Continue for the other two rounds and count up all your cards at the end to see who is the winner - whoever holds the 'evidence' cards for each round gets double points for those cards and their partners (so 4 points for 2 cards instead of 2 points).

CPG
Spy

Post by CPG »

Recently won a game against my cousins in New Years, as apparently Mexico only stocks the 2013 version (the 2011 with the reversible board), that's what we played with.

It was Green with the dagger in the bedroom.

It was easy to get the weapon and the room, but the suspect. Oh higher-force, was that a headache.
Ah, yes. Nothing quite as lovely as death.

BBP
Senior Detective

Post by BBP »

Two games for my birthday:
Plum - Dagger - Kitchen (I won after my sister suggested Plum-Dagger-Lounge and forgot that she actually had the Lounge_
Scarlett - Wrench - Library (sister avenged herself)

CPG
Spy

Post by CPG »

BBP wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 6:34 am Two games for my birthday:
Plum - Dagger - Kitchen (I won after my sister suggested Plum-Dagger-Lounge and forgot that she actually had the Lounge_
Scarlett - Wrench - Library (sister avenged herself)
That's why I double check everything when I'm about to make an accusation, heh.
Btw. Happy late birthday, BBP!
Ah, yes. Nothing quite as lovely as death.

Black
Bindle Stiff

Post by Black »

I played 3 SFX games the other day with my Mom.

1. Stable - Garden Shears - Professor Plum (I won)
2. Garden - Garden Shears - Colonel Mustard (Mom Won - Tie Breaker)
3. Stable - Water Bucket - Mrs. Meadow-Brook (Mom Won)

Time to wait another Year before she murders her husband again

BBP
Senior Detective

Post by BBP »

Thanks CPG!

Maybe we could arrange a Zoom game someday, if we could be able to deal cards at random we wouldn't even need a host...

Black
Bindle Stiff

Post by Black »

I played 2 games of Master Detective the other day (The Euro Version)

1. Billiard Room - Poison - Mme. Mystic (Dad Won via my first Tie-Breaker)
2. Drawing Room - Revolver - Miss Scarlet (I won with the correct solution)
Last edited by Black on Sun Apr 11, 2021 7:20 am, edited 1 time in total.