Most Recent Solution

A place to discuss all aspects of Clue/Cluedo.

Moderators: Michael, BBP, Tum

cacums
Ringer

Re: Most Recent Solution

Post by cacums »

BBP won :oops:

There will be a rematch soon. Don't you worry.

(as we can see, children, cacums had smoked several puffs of the giggle grass, and had ***** up the weapon card count, placing two 2's on the Lead Pipe and Revolver for Mrs. White. Don't do drugs kids. It ruins your chances of being a detective. There are probably other errors I didn't catch cuz - well... giggle grass)

Black
Bindle Stiff

Post by Black »

SLIGHTLY OFF-TOPIC

I remember last year or the year before, one of my favorite content creators had a CLUE tournament on his twitch.
30 competitors so each game consisted of 5 players and himself (so he could host the game and show it)
When it came to the host's turn. He would say what his 3 cards were and then make an accusation so he could knock himself out in the first turn. If he by some lucky guess got the solution correct in his accusation - the other five competitors would be out

It was a fun concept, I didn't get to play sadly but in a way. I was lucky because he did guess the solution correctly on his first guess in one of the games.

BBP
Senior Detective

Post by BBP »

Cute concept!

Seriously it's great fun we got to play, if anyone else out here has the game on Steam we can rock it!

cacums
Ringer

Post by cacums »

I have to point out, the most frustrating part of the game BBP and I played was that I had a feeling it was either Gray (me) or Scarlet (her). Which meant I was dragging her into the Hall, Study, Library all game. While keeping my eyes on the Ballroom... which Brunette ended up having. :x

cacums
Ringer

Post by cacums »

She beat me again.

I was 100% convinced it was the Dining Room till the penultimate turn.

Congrats BBP!! You are clearly more skilled at Cluedo than I. I love learning where we rank among each other.

Adam106 and I used to play quite a bit of Cluedo on an off-brand PC downloadable program.

ZachBlack000
Junior Detective

Post by ZachBlack000 »

Congratulations, BBP, you got away with murder, without any of them having a Clue! :P

Black
Bindle Stiff

Post by Black »

ZachBlack000 wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 1:31 pm Congratulations, BBP, you got away with murder, without any of them having a Clue! :P
Actually, I'd say that she confessed to the murder

ZachBlack000
Junior Detective

Post by ZachBlack000 »

Black wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 2:48 pm
ZachBlack000 wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 1:31 pm Congratulations, BBP, you got away with murder, without any of them having a Clue! :P
By why would she want to turn herself in?

I mean, maybe Mr. Boddy/Dr. Black was "Jack the Ripper", he assumed that she was a harlot, and tried to stab her, but then she stabbed him in self-defense.

Jonathan Green
Master Detective

Post by Jonathan Green »

Or, given she's often portrayed as an actress, maybe this was a way to get popular

Black
Bindle Stiff

Post by Black »

ZachBlack000 wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 4:08 pm

I mean, maybe Mr. Boddy/Dr. Black was "Jack the Ripper", he assumed that she was a harlot, and tried to stab her, but then she stabbed him in self-defense.
I don't know but how I've always looked at it is; If no one can guess the solution correctly, then the murderer gets away with their crime. If the murderer is the winner, then they confess to the murder.
It's like the PC game Clue Classic - if the murderer is the winner, the newspaper headline reads "FAMILY FRIEND CONFESSES TO TUDOR MANSION MURDER!"

ZachBlack000
Junior Detective

Post by ZachBlack000 »

Jonathan Green wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 4:28 pm Or, given she's often portrayed as an actress, maybe this was a way to get popular
True, but I mean, BBP was the one who did it, ask her.

ZachBlack000
Junior Detective

Post by ZachBlack000 »

Black wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 4:32 pm
ZachBlack000 wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 4:08 pm

I don't know but how I've always looked at it is; If no one can guess the solution correctly, then the murderer gets away with their crime. If the murderer is the winner, then they confess to the murder.
It's like the PC game Clue Classic - if the murderer is the winner, the newspaper headline reads "FAMILY FRIEND CONFESSES TO TUDOR MANSION MURDER!"
Right, but I just find that silly.

I mean if I committed a murder, I would only want to turn myself in for murder, if I had remorse, or regretted doing it.

Jonathan Green
Master Detective

Post by Jonathan Green »

I remember as a kid, age 7, I was playing Family Game Night 3 (Clue:DTS) on Wii.

The first game I solved was Green, Pistol, Living Room
One time I solved a case on my first turn: Scarlet with the Axe in the Living Room

And on the MGS Clue app, around the time it was first released, Mr. Green, Wrench, Dining Room was the of the solution, and when I played another round, it was the same answer

ZachBlack000
Junior Detective

Post by ZachBlack000 »

Jonathan Green wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 2:21 pm I remember as a kid, age 7, I was playing Family Game Night 3 (Clue:DTS) on Wii.

The first game I solved was Green, Pistol, Living Room
One time I solved a case on my first turn: Scarlet with the Axe in the Living Room

And on the MGS Clue app, around the time it was first released, Mr. Green, Wrench, Dining Room was the of the solution, and when I played another round, it was the same answer
God, I love Family Game Night 3! :P

FUN-FACT: When I played Family Game Night 3 for the first time, when I was 14, I got it right on the first rumor, "Hall, Candlestick, Plum", because I loved using the movie-murders in my suggestions. :lol:

And one thing, MGS Clue? :?:

Jonathan Green
Master Detective

Post by Jonathan Green »

ZachBlack000 wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 2:39 pm
Marmalade Game Studio = MGS: The creator of the Clue mobile/PC game

ZachBlack000
Junior Detective

Post by ZachBlack000 »

Jonathan Green wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 2:51 pm
ZachBlack000 wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 2:39 pm
Marmalade Game Studio = MGS: The creator of the Clue mobile/PC game
Ohhhhhh.

Black
Bindle Stiff

Post by Black »

Murder At Arlington Grange

I was Miss Peach and Mom was Judge Mauve.
Judge Mauve found the body
Miss Peach accused the murder was committed at the STABLES with the REVOLVER by INSPECTOR GREY (Incorrect)
Judge Mauve accused the murder was committed at the FOUNTAIN with the CANDLESTICK by HAZEL THE MAID (Incorrect)

TIE-BREAKERS
1. Neither of us was playing as the murderer
2. Judge Mauve is the winner for having the most parts of the solution correct

THE SOLUTION
Mr. Boddy was murdered at the FOUNTAIN with the REVOLVER by HAZEL THE MAID

Mr_Suspect88
Spy

Post by Mr_Suspect88 »

Just played 3 games of Clue from Marmalade Games Wild West theme, using the Wild West characters with me as Plum

Game #1: Rose - Knife - Blacksmiths
Game #2: Mustard - Whip - General Store
Game#3: Green - Whip - Sheriff’s Office

BBP
Senior Detective

Post by BBP »

I just had the weirdest thing in the Sherlock Holmes MSG. Playing with 5 AI opponents at Hard level as Scarlett, Peacock was 1st. Then: Rusty, SHerlock, Moriarty, White and White, Scarlett.
Peacock opens with White and White - Cricket Bat - Diogenes Club - no-one can show.
Rusty asks the same. Peacock shows.
Sherlock asks the same. Peacock shows.
Moriarty rolls low, goes to the printing press. Rusty shows. Peacock has Diogenes and the other cards are in the digital envelope.
White stays in the printing press and repeats the question. Rusty shows.
My turn - I roll too low and can only go to the printing press. Since I know who has that one, and I know who and with what, I don't bother and stay outside.

Next round - Peacock rolls high and goes straight to the Pub, where she suggests Rusty - Cricket bat - Pub. No-one can show, so nobody has Rusty, but I also assume she has the pub, which I find a bit weird.
Rusty had been taken to the pub and suggests White - Razor - Pub. Briefly I fill in he has the Razor but when Moriarty shows, it must be the razor. That's weird. Rusty would've been close to at least two locations, why would he waste a turn like that?
Sherlock is still in the Diogenes club, he rolls high and also goes directly to the pub, to suggest White- Cricket Bat - Pub.
No-one shows. Peacock doesn't have the pub and didn't accuse. Neither did Rusty or Sherlock accuse.
Nor Moriarty, who also goes to the pub to suggest White - Cricket Bat. White suggests Moriarty - Cricket Bat-Pub, again nobody shows.
My turn again. I choose to stay outside and make an accusation:
White and White - Cricket Bat - Pub
I won with 600 points, best score yet - am even more baffled when I double check and find that indeed all AIs were set to "hard" level.

Maybe they won't accuse unless you've had at least 1 turn.

And But Also - I completed the Prince Alarming challenge - completing the game without making a single suggestion - on Extra Hard Mode - in 2 rounds - with 600 points! 8)

ZachBlack000
Junior Detective

Post by ZachBlack000 »

But which of the White twins killed him? :lol: