Clue Myths

A place to discuss all aspects of Clue/Cluedo.

Moderators: Michael, BBP, Tum

ProfessorPlum54
Special Investigator

Clue Myths

Post by ProfessorPlum54 »

I think it would be fun to list all the myths about Clue and discuss whether or not we believe they are real.

Myth 1: Princeazure33 reminded me about the Mickey Mouse edition of Clue Jr., which I have heard about many times in the past. However, I have never seen a picture of the actual game -- only the logo. Has anyone here ever actually seen this game?

Myth 2: A soundtrack for the musical was supposedly made. I don't know anything else about this one - who made it, where and with what? :D

Anybody else got any more? :D
Green - "If he was such a patriotic American, why didn't he just report us to the authorities?"
Wadsworth - "He decided to put his information to good use and make a little money out of it. What can be more American than that?"

princeazure33

Post by princeazure33 »

myth 3: theres gonna be a clue dollhouse, check out paul's site, thats where it says about the dollhouse

ClueBoy12
Informant

Post by ClueBoy12 »

myth 2: i heard that lots of people ordered it, then the company sent their money back and they never got it.

Myth 3: i am very interested in that but do not know the answer

ClueBoy12
Informant

Post by ClueBoy12 »

myth 1 or w/e one was about the clue jr, if you look on pauls website it says he saw one on amozon so it obviously exists

http://cluedofan.com/cmerch/boardgames.html#Mickey

ProfessorPlum54
Special Investigator

Post by ProfessorPlum54 »

Clueboy12, Pauls site says that the Clue Jr. Game was discovered on Amazon, not that he discovered it on Amazon. Plus he does not have an actual picture of the game like he does with almost everything else he has. Therefore, it is not obvious that it exists.
ClueBoy12 wrote:myth 2: i heard that lots of people ordered it, then
the company sent their money back and they never got it.
The same thing that you said about the soundtrack could apply to the Clue Jr. game as well. Or perhaps the game was planned to be made, but was never put into production. It may be one of those mysteries that aren't supposed to be solved. :D

But then again, I could be wrong. Paul, was it you that discoverd the game, or was it one of your 'sources' :D ?
Green - "If he was such a patriotic American, why didn't he just report us to the authorities?"
Wadsworth - "He decided to put his information to good use and make a little money out of it. What can be more American than that?"

Michael
Mastermind

Post by Michael »

Myth #1: Mickey Mouse Clue - I have seen a Disney version that was cardboard 3D. I think it revoved around Scrooge McDuck and contained his nephews. It was not made in the U.S. If I can find it again, I will definitely post the details. As for the particular box that appeared on Paul's website, I have also seen that listed on amazon.com, but I don't believe it ever actually came about. I remember seeing it as "coming soon" or whatever and put my name on the notification list. The game never came.

Myth #2: Musical Soundtrack - I was actually one of the people who sent money for this and got a letter and my check back in return saying they were sold out and would be making a second batch soon. (You can see the letter in my Miscellaneous section). Jaime Martinez actually solved this one, I believe, by actually talking to a cast member(?). In any case, it turns out that they were trying to sell the CDs up front to get the cash to produce the CD. It never happened.

Myth #3: Dollhouse - I can't find what you are referring to on Paul's site. Can you post a link?

-Michael
How do you know what kind of pictures they are if you're such a lay-dee?

alwaysPeacock
Fleet Street Look-Out

Post by alwaysPeacock »

I saw that Disney edition on ebay once. It was in Italian or something.

The dollhouse is mentioned in the blurb about the really nice special version with a picture of a rather boring board with b/w squares and one color rooms. I can't remember the name at the moment.

Michael
Mastermind

Post by Michael »

Ahhh, I think you might be referring to the game that cost 3500 British pounds. The maker of that game sent me a bunch of pictures. I think the dollhouse concept was an idea during production, but it didn't turn out to look that way. It's quite hideous. I won't be able to post pictures, though, until next week sometime.

-Michael

Cluedofan
Expert Witness

Myths

Post by Cluedofan »

Myth 1: Yes, I saw this advertised on Amazon.com a LONG time ago - but too haven't seen proof of it's existance.

Myth 2: Yes, Jaime found out that they were never made (probably).

Myth 3: Yes, the 3D game was something the company was working on. I haven't heard from them in a long while so guess it hasn't been made yet (or will never be).

Some more for you:

Myth 4: An inflatable Clue(do) game exists. It was advertised on a different inflatable game but no-one's ever seen the real thing.

Myth 5: It's possible to obtain all six weapons in the Clue keychain edition. There's only 2 in each, so it's hard to proof this without people listing what they got. I got Dagger and Candlestick. Damian got Revolver and Candlestick. Did anyone get the others?

Myth 6: there was a Franklin Mint edition of Cluedo. I just saw this on eBay (went for £205!) I'm not 100% sure that someone hasn't taken the Clue game and altered it - but the picture looked very authentic.

Myth 7: A TV series was made in Canada based on an advanced version of Clue. I got several emails from a guy who claimed to be an actor in the series; but after much questioning and some very dodgy mocked up photos I got from him, I surmised that it was someone playing a prank. It would be nice to know the truth on this.

I'm sure I'll think of some more and add them as I do...

Michael
Mastermind

Re: Myths

Post by Michael »

Cluedofan wrote:
Myth 6: there was a Franklin Mint edition of Cluedo. I just saw this on eBay (went for £205!) I'm not 100% sure that someone hasn't taken the Clue game and altered it - but the picture looked very authentic.
I have seen photos of this edition and it is authentic. The back of the cards ARE printed Cluedo as is the board's center. I do not know, however, if the Mr. Green card was changed to a Reverend.

-Michael
Last edited by Michael on Wed Nov 24, 2004 1:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cluedofan
Expert Witness

Post by Cluedofan »

Oh, if only I had money... I HAVE to have this item one day...

Thanks.

Re: Myths

Post by Guest »

Cluedofan wrote:

Myth 7: A TV series was made in Canada based on an advanced version of Clue. I got several emails from a guy who claimed to be an actor in the series; but after much questioning and some very dodgy mocked up photos I got from him, I surmised that it was someone playing a prank. It would be nice to know the truth on this.

TV series!! When? I am at work in make the Canadian TV Series!

CluedoKid
Con Artiste

Post by CluedoKid »

by the way that last post was fro me :oops:

Cluedofan
Expert Witness

Post by Cluedofan »

As I said - I don't think it was true.

princeazure33

Post by princeazure33 »

any chance of airing it in america too?
...particularily in new hampshire? :lol:

i've alway wanted to hav a clue tv show in america or @ least someone will make the cluedo tv shows on dvd, and they mean it, unlike TVTome, from cluedofan.com :?

Cluedofan
Expert Witness

Post by Cluedofan »

Yes, I was gutted that the DVD thing probably isn't happening. The one TV Tome guy did assure me (and a different TV Tome guy) that he'd been told by someone at the BBC that they were releasing it - but as Cluedo is an ITV program, that's very unlikely.

ColJaime
Snoop

Post by ColJaime »

Yes indeed I did finally get confirmed info that there was never a recording made of the musical. No probably about it. It just plain does not exist.